Thread: Woops, Locked Keys in Car at the Mall

Woops, Locked Keys in Car at the Mall

Well girls, it had to happen sooner or later…...Last Friday, I locked my keys in my car. Here's the story:

I took off work early, around lunch, and decided to have a little fun. My first stop was to get my nails done (French Manicure). I didn’t have time to get fully dressed, since I worked that morning. Truth is, I don’t get out a lot, especially during the day. So I did what I often do given the time frame I had…..I put my boobs in my bra (usually wear a bra under my work clothes) and headed out in otherwise drab fashion. Now as most of you girls know, I probably attracted much more attention with a 40C chest under a stretch knit top than if I had been fully dressed. But that day, I didn’t care. (Sometimes, we like to take chances, don't we). I only had to walk into Lane Braynt from the parking lot. A few ladies noticed me as I walked passed them, as I could hear the giggles (I love when that happens). As always, all went well inside Lane Braynt, as they are SOOO CD friendly. I exchanged a dark blue navy polka-dot wrap dress I had purchased a couple of days prior (the belt loop had come undone). Luckily, they had one to replace it. I was in and out in a jiffy. Walking back to the car, I again passed several ladies headed in the opposite direction. This time, since I was headed back to the safety of my car, I decided to “strut my stuff”. With my chest out and my head held high in the air, I slung the dress over my shoulder and flaunted my curves. Again, as before, more giggles. WHAT A RUSH!!! As I approached my car, I put my hand in my pocket for my keys. That’s when I realized I had locked the doors with the “LOCK” button instead of using my key fob. How stupid of me! THE KEYS WERE INSIDE. I panicked. My first thought was the spare key in my wallet. I opened the wallet, and discovered the spare key wasn’t there. Now my heart was really starting to beat fast. I figured it was time to call for help….who, I didn’t know. Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, I realized my cell phone was inside the car.

I decided to find a security guard. They often patrol the parking lots near the mall. I must have walked 15 minutes with no luck (seemed like an eternity). I decided to head over for the mall covered parking garage. Once there, I felt somewhat more at ease, since I did not feel so out in the open. Not long afterward, I saw the blue flashing lights of a security vehicle. I managed to flag it down, and was greeted by a little gal wearing a uniform. I told her I had locked myself out of my car. She looked down at my chest, and with a big smile said “What are you doing here dressed like that?” I could feel my face turning red. Without comment, I asked if she could call someone for me. She said yes she would, as it happens all the time. By the time I got back to my car, she had already called for a tow truck and said she would stay with me until the driver arrived. I tried to keep my cool, wondering if she would make any more comments about my appearance, (hoping she would, actually). She didn't, although I could “feel” her smiling and looking at me. A few minutes later, the driver arrived. It only took a minute for him to unlock the door. He made no comment about my appearance. In fact, he was very courteous. I thanked them both, gave each a tip, and vowed never again to put myself in the same situation.

Girls…..please THINK the next time you go out dressed. The more we go out, the more complacent we get. We get in a hurry, and are often pre-occupied with the way we look. Keep an extra key in your wallet/ purse or on the vehicle. Also, you never know when you may need some extra cash for a cab, etc. Thank goodness I had $30 bucks. Don’t forget to carry your cell phone everywhere you go. Have a list of friends that you can call if needed. I do have a couple of friends that know about my cross-dressing, but I often wonder if I would ever be so desperate as to call a friend that didn’t know. However, if I were in dire straights, I would. That day, I was very embarrassed. Although it could have turned out worse, it was fun nonetheless. I shall not forget that day.

Be safe out there.

Hugs,

Lori Ann

That is one experience you will not forget soon. Good advice. How about a hidden key in one of those little magnetic cases? Maybe you just need a larger purse with a spare of everything you need inside it.

Banned Read only
    Funny tragedy. I alway carry two sets of key and a cell phone too. Walmart almost lost one key changing oil for me.

I'm in Houston too and I don't know where all the good shopping malls are yet! But I gotta wait till next month to have good spending money.

So you did the guy with big boobs look?

This hasn't happened to me... yet! I am VERY cautious, almost to the point of being OCD, about making sure I don't lock myself out of the car. My car doesn't have power locks. I never lock the door unless I have the keys IN MY HAND as I close it. Just knowing they are in my purse or something isn't good enough.

I have locked myself out of my car (not while dresses) a few times and I hate that 'Oh S***' feeling you get the second the door closes!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Funny story!!

Made me smile
    "What you look inside is more important then what you look outside."

Okay, that not true, what you look both sides is more important ;p

Nyana

girl next door
    OMG, I would've died then n there! You sure sound like you handled yourself with composure. Well done, Lori Ann xoxo T
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Lori Ann... Hasn't happened to me......YET, but everyone should heed your good advice to be complacent, be prepared, and most of all... THINK about where you are, and what you are doing.

lost key

Actually i locked myself out of my pickup on purpose. Left the key tied to a fence at one end of mall and locked myself out of my truck enfemme at the other end. Of course, that is just me. I am into bondage, addition to CD. I was forced to walk whole length of mall and then walk back to unlock pickup. But it was planned. Plus I had an emergency key. It was inside my pantyhose, under my left foot. And...I was in blend-in mode--wearing heels and (ugh!) slacks.

The next time you buy a car get a Ford (Lincloln/Mercury) product. The coded keypad on the door is a lifesaver. I have driven that brand for 13 years and have yet to use a key to enter the car or have a problem being locked out. When I pay at a gas station I just lock the door, keys in the car, pay, return and use the pad.

Jennifer, it's a shame to hide those lovely legs (see avatar) under slack.

Ihave locked the keys in the can a few time but not dressed
    Angie

I used to drive an 18 wheeler for 14 years, one time I had just gotten a set of acrylic nails done and went back to my truck to find it locked with the keys inside. Here I am with a new french manicure In the truck stop across from a strip mall locked out of my truck. lucky for me I know how to break into a Freightliner..
    Last edited by Staci G; 04-10-2007 at 08:37 AM. Reason: misspelling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Don't do the magnetic thing one good bump and the key is gone. A wire tye works much better. you might have to ask someone for a knife to cut the darn thing but it's still their when you need it.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

hi know how you felt 1st time out my so and i got back to our hotel room yep:you got it security card would not work in the door had to call security to le us in thought idd die,was kinda funny now that i look back at it.

I'm always very careful to have my keys and ID in my purse. On New Years I locked my motel key in the room. The desk clerk seemed to enjoy my plight when I went to the office for another key at 3 am.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Brings back memories, I didn't lock myself out of my car but my house, was a winter night went out in the dark(before my neighbors saw Kristen) and had the button turned locked out. Luck for me I had a key burried in the flower garden only problem ground was frozen found something to dig with and got back inside as I slowly was turning blue[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

If you are at a mall, at least then you can go in and buy some guy clothes and wash off your makeup. Much safer there than by a park or the DMV, etc...

I'm glad it worked out for you!

Joe

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Not only is it a good pracctice to take an extra key to your vehicle in your purse, but if you are staying at a hotel, I find it good to take two key cards -- AND check each one before you leave. It seems that, from time-to-time, you'll get one key card that won't work properly even though it was programmed correctly at check-in (doesn't work many times b/c of recycled use by the hotel -- magnetic stip becomes worn). It is also a good idea to (in addition to proper ID as has already been mentioned) to carry a credit or debit card AND emergency cash. Try and plan ahead for every conceivable problem of this nature and prepare accordingly!