114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

90 78.95%
  • No

24 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To dress or not to dress?

To dress or not to dress?

I'll be at a TG conference this week, as a vendor. As I have mentioned before, I have a beard, and not the kind that can be hidden. It's as much part of who I am as being a crossdresser is. So therein lies the question:

Attended the conference dressed or not?

Let me rephrase that; since I tend to wear women's jeans and undies anyway

Fully and obviously dressed or not?

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I would dress. If you are a TG event you may find others like yourself anyway. I dressed when I wore a beard although I avoided mirrors like the plague. I finally shaved it off because I wanted to feel more femme.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Smile Would definitely dress

[SIZE="4"]If I attended a TG conference, I would most certainly dress. I think that one of benefits of attending a conference where like minded people can be themselves.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

This reminds me about an article in the New Yorker magazine about a crossdresser from florida. They were in New York and he would travel with his SO sometimes in full dress sometimes partially. They were out for lunch in a restaurant when some women noteced that he was wearing a blazer and tie with a pleated skirt, stockings and feminine loafers. The women who noticed were very impressed with the outfit.
    I've been thinking about that as an optional idea, but have yet to find the skirt.

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    It's as much part of who I am as being a crossdresser is.
    Then go for it. You may get a little flack for it, but anybody who would be rude enough to do that is exactly the kind of person who needs to see that tolerance must be given as well as received. You dress for you, right? Go fully dressed and enjoy the convention.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

deffinately dressed, always dressed

Kali - I believe the answer is in your statement "It's as much part of who I am as being a crossdresser is."

Go dressed (AND WE WANT PICTURES!!!).

i know if i were you i couldnt pass up an opportunity to dress

Silver Member
    why don't you shave your beard just for the convention? you can always grow it back later if you want
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    why don't you shave your beard just for the convention? you can always grow it back later if you want
    I've had a beard, of varying types, for more than 30 years. I ahve never been cleanshaven in all that time. My girlfriend, who is very supportive of my dressing, has asked that I not shave my beard as it is one of the parts of me she finds very attractive, appearance-wise. She keeps her hair longer than she prefers because she knows how much I like it; why should I do any less for her.

In this case, the only reason I would be shaving would be so as not to offend the sensibilities of those who don't believe a CD should have facial hair. Like any other group of people we have those who have a narrowly defined view of what is "right" for the group.

You'll notice I didn't ask "Shave or not?" That isn't the issue.

Never anything wrong with being yourself. Do what makes you comfortable, Hon. That is what it is all about really. If we simply go from one "standard" to another, what is the point really? sal

If Butterfly Bill can wear a dress around town with a beard... Go for it!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If this convention is sponsored by Tri-Ess, they won't want you to wear whiskers. Anybody else: have your hair any place you want. Wear clothes that are well fitted to your male body and make it look good as what it is. If anybody objects, just say "It's as much part of who I am as being a crossdresser is", and ask them what they mean when they say "freedom".

Do you want to dress? If so, then you should.

I voted yes, but... If you don't feel right wearing a dress or skirt, then don't. Just be comfortable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kali, I also agree with what has been said. Just follow your heart on this decision. The most important factor is being comfortable. If you will feel comfortable going enfemme, then definitely do it.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Facial Hair

I voted yes.

My question is why did you ask the question in the first place ? You are an adult and will do as you please you don't need our approval,or do you. If you are comfortable with a beard then wear what you want.Go and enjoy your self.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

You are yourself. I voted yes. If it expresses the real you, then by all means, go for it! Enjoy life for all it's worth. After all, life's too short.

Since you're a vendor, dress the way that would attract the most customers and make a sale.

Go ahead and dress, put some pink ribbons in your beard. Enjoy.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

i would go dressed. Skirt and Blouse, and some comfortable shoes for all day wear. With the beard you may want a more casual to dressy casual. Something that will complement the beard. And not too dressy and frilly. Just my opinion.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Hi Kali, hope ya don't mind me saying but if it was me then I would go as who you are, dress Hun and enjoy the day. It's a TG conference there's bound to be others there who will dress so go for it Hun!!! xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

As corny as it sounds, "...just follow your heart." If you are true to you, you'll have fun and that is what is important.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Yes you should, put on your best face and enjoy the event and yourself to the max...

Absolutely attend the conference dressed and enjoy the event. Its what we are all about.