Thread: shaved and itching

shaved and itching

Hi girl,s, Ive got a week off this week and i shaved all over on the weekend and now I'm itching like mad is there any thing i can use to stop it ? love Lisa1965

You should always moisturize after shaving, but at this point I would advise you to get Neosporin or some other anti-inflammatory lotion.
    Last edited by Sharon; 04-10-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: wd

Smitten with my ClaireJ claireswife-gg's Avatar
    Get some burn cream. It's lidocaine, basically. Apply after shaving. For now, Aveeno lotion would be good to use.
    http://annierushden.blogspot.com/
    Gardens in Bloom - An untraditional love story

Quote Originally Posted by lisa1965 View Post
    Hi girl,s, Ive got a week off this week and i shaved all over on the weekend and now I'm itching like mad is there any thing i can use to stop it ? love Lisa1965
    Ugh, tell me about it. My skin is hating me right now.

Banned Read only
    For next time, try Lubriderm or Keri lotion. Both are used in hospitals for dry skin. They are both basic products - no secret ingredients, and both are relatively inexpensive.

Platinum Member
    you should always moisturize or use a aftershave cooling gel.......it'll help

all ways use moistriser

susie

I use jergens the day of shaving and up to two days later twice a day. It works well on me.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Besides remembering to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize (like you have already been advised), get some BikiniZone Cream. It works wonders!!! About 9 years ago I decided to shave my legs without running to the store for some shave gel -- wow what a killer!! Didn't think I was ever going to get over the consequences. Then, my wife introduced me to BikiniZone -- it works fast!!!

rAiNbOw_BaLlErInA KirstyChibiMoon's Avatar

Talking hi lisa :)

Quote Originally Posted by lisa1965 View Post
    first thing--- is what kind of razor are you using???
    ive had fantastic results with the venus blades.
    i also dont use shaving creams because most of them contain an enzyme that PROMOTES hair growth!!!
    some of the few exceptions are the creams made for peoples who get razor bumps reallu bad....
    i also use Jergens "Naturally Smooth" shave minimizing moisturizer after im done.

i did a thread a while back asking girls here what razor they liked best:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=48420

take a look and see what they said

thats why i tried the venus.
    C R Y S T A L T W I N K L E Y E L L !
    < < < < < deep curtsey > > > > >
    K i r s t e n C h i b i u s a M o o n
    Kirsty's Home Page

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    I came to discover by accident a very effective way to shave without nicks, creams, lotions, etc. I have tried several things, even bought a nice epilator. It all seems to come back to shaving. This sounds strange, and you will likely not believe it unless you try it. I use 20 Mule Team Borax! Borax is sold as a laundry booster, and not all stores carry it. I buy the boxes that are just over four pounds, and put about a pound (two cups) in my bath water. This ends up costing about $0.60 each time at Wal-Marts prices.

Borax is slightly alkaline, and is an excellent exfoliating agent. I'm not exactly sure what happens, but I shave with just the borax bath water. I think the borax is softening the miniscule layer of old skin that accumulates daily, and the razor blade seems to glide on the skin and cutting the hair for a very smooth effect. Since the borax water solution itself is not slippery like shaving creams, the hair is securely caught with the blade. No hair is missed! I have no itching, bumps, nicks, etc. Not a single adverse effect that I always get by some other means of hair removal. Clean perfect legs afterwards. I shower then using my Aloe Vera Body Wash, then Aloe Vera Lotion afterwards.

Some people are concerned with boron toxicity. Borax is a form so that this is not an issue. It's toxicity is only slightly greater than table salt. Boron itself however is toxic at low levels.

I brought this up some time ago in a different thread titled Shaving Discovery, and More. Please read that thread before asking questions or voicing concerns that are likely already covered. According to the MSDS' I have read, Borax has very little absorption into healthy skin. It does penetrate damage skin however. I originally used it to control a skin condition, and yes it is gone now. I would say use caution if you have a large area of damaged skin. Just to be safe, use caution at least to the point making sure you aren't allergic to it first.

One more thing. Borax is the primary ingredient in the powdered hand soap we all used to use, called Boraxo! If you have no fear of Boraxo, don't fear Borax.

Smile

i find the more often i shave the less irritation i get but , i have used anti itch cream and that works great now i think i'll try the borax next time thanks for the tip felicity

It's mostly from dry skin. As others have said, try a moisturizer or body lotion, it should help. The other ingredient is will power. Tell yourself not to scratch.

Silver Member
    Borax is an old fashioned technique. My grandmother used to do exactly the same thing. She always addded Borax to her bath water.

For itching, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. After every bath or shower.

Steph

Try to use a shaving gel or foam that has a moisturiser in it as well - use a womans one as that won't be formulated for the face therefore the moisturiser used will be slightly richer and meant for the body.

And be careful what you put on afterwards, and always just after you've dried your skin, don't let it still be too wet or totally dried out - use a simple, fragrance free, non allergenic moisturiser. Baby ones are generally good.

One alternative is to use TendSkin after shaving. It is pretty pricey, but if you do a search on the web for "tendskin recipe" you will find a make-it-at-home version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here to View My Website: Taffy's Tea Trolley
    "Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional..."