Thread: The Bra ?

The Bra ?

I was just wondering if any of you ladies noticed what I have regarding lingerie.
    A few weeks ago while my wife and I were shopping I saw a bra I needed. (LOL). Any way after the wearing a few times we both liked it so we decided to get a couple more of the same brand and size in different colors. We can wear the same size, so we share on occasion.
    The thing is that even tho all three are the same, they all feel and fit a little different. I have also noticed this same thing in panities.
    I am just wondering if the same thing has happened to any of you?
    Sara

Quote Originally Posted by sara_also
    I was just wondering if any of you ladies noticed what I have regarding lingerie.
    A few weeks ago while my wife and I were shopping I saw a bra I needed. (LOL). Any way after the wearing a few times we both liked it so we decided to get a couple more of the same brand and size in different colors. We can wear the same size, so we share on occasion.
    The thing is that even tho all three are the same, they all feel and fit a little different. I have also noticed this same thing in panities.
    I am just wondering if the same thing has happened to any of you?
    Sara
    Yes I do notice the difference because I just bought a new one the same brand and it is a little tighter than my other of this brand.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

Platinum Member
    if you love buy mass. quinitys...................

bras

No matter for me.............tight or loose, big or small I absolutely adore them all........................hooked on lingerie for LIFE! Women do have some of the prettiest things to wear.............wonder if they take it for granted just how lucky they are..........................hhhmmmmmmm.

hillbilly T-girl-hussy

Love to try on bras for hours

When I find a bra that really fits so good I often have a few more in other colors too.I love trying on about 10 differant bras while trying to decide which one to wear for the day or occasion.Most are a C and B cups [I'm right between the sizes].and yes I do notice variations in the same brands and less if their the exact same stlye so sometime its a 36 or 38 or B or C just looking at gives me good idea if it will fit well.

with swimsuits and other lycra garments the fabric type/weight/stretch is often different for different colours.

for example a basic BHS swimsuit in black is light and delicate. In red it is heavy. In white it has a lining and is NBGAL (no bloody good at all).
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Femininity on Tap! spaskinstyle's Avatar

Smile Get used to it ladies......

Every good foundations store has at least 3 dressing rooms and two attendants to run back and forth and get you different colors and different styles and sizes. It is not uncommon at all to have the same brand make the same bra and have it come out a little two big or just a little bit smaller. Some of what was said is true to form - the colors make a big impact - heavier colors add weight to the garments at times and that changes the overall dimensions of the garments (don't ask me, it's just the way it is). Other issues like stretch and the different runs of elastic and spandex.

Always good to bring someone along with you when you do your shopping or make sure you have a good personal shopper or work with a company that is willing to send you items, let you pick what you want and then send back what you don't want. We do that at our boutique. Most of the big shots do that as well. Remember girls, you can always send em back so when you shop have a great time, eat, drink and be merry. Don't even look at the price tags. Look at them tomorrow when you get home then send them back! LOL. Have fun. Love Theresa

Yes, many times. I can't figure out why the same bra model and type fits differently - I guess maybe bras are like people - everyone different.

This reminds me of a story that happened over this weekend. My girlfriend was wearing this Microfibre bra and it looked really nice. I asked to try it on, she said go ahead. It felt so good that I ended up trading one of my other bras for hers. I wore it for most of the day and felt really good. I guess she is now getting used to the idea. Maybe we cna share more often.
    XOXO,

Racheal

Platinum Member
    find it love it buy them all ..............................

Banned Read only
    Never found a lot of size difference in the same style of the same brand, but I have certainly noticed some individual differences on occasion. I always try on if I can, even buying supposedly identical items.
    Last edited by Danny; 02-21-2005 at 11:27 AM.

Hi all,

Here is another factor in clothing of the same style and tagged as the same size - some of them could actually be a different size but were mislabeled.

My late mother worked for a number of years sewing in a factory that made childrens clothing. I remember a few times she said that she had to relabel sizes in some things to get the right count of small/med/large to fill an order.

Jadeanne

I was into bras and breastforms in years past, but lost interest. Lately, my interest has returned. After reviewing my archive of female breasts, bras, and daywear, I've been drawn towards achieving the perfect female breast shape. I lost my good breastforms years ago in a move. I've gotten most of my older bras from storage & discarded the ones that no longer fit, leaving me with about 3 that I enjoy wearing. I've found that I'm now about a 40C, which when properly filled out, is just the shape I'm looking for. All my older bras are stretched 38Cs, and a recent 42C I bought is a bit large for my taste. I was out shopping tonight and looked for a 40C, only to find none on the display. I settled for a smooth-cup 38C - it's a bit tight, but my new temporary breastforms fit it nicely (trying to decide what type of nice ones to get). I'm looking at a pair of Camp asymmetric triangle forms. I had asymmetric teardrops in the 90s - loved them. Not sure what size I need to properly fill out a 40C. Anyone familiar enough with breastforms to help?

Oh, this is a bra thread - not a bra-filler thread. Bras - yes - love them. Hard to find the right one - the spacing between the cups seems to vary a lot between styles - have to find the style that fits your chest type. I tend to prefer them spaced wider than normal. Don't really care for excessive coverage. Like smooth supple seamless soft-cup underwires. Vassarette, Bali. Bought a black Vassarette Soft & Simple stretch satin softcup 38C tonight, no underwire. Wearing it now. Feels ok. Cups fill out well. I'm mostly satisfied (wanted a 40C). Here's a pic:

Bras actually present me with the biggest problem purchasing. For all of my bluster, and showiness, I am just scared to death to go to the counter with a bra in my hand. Absolutely frightening.

I was scared a bit at first, but then got mad ( at me) for being scared. I've bought about 10 over the counter and if they ask if I like it or something I just aggree. Of course they always seem to think I'm joking so I leave them to there illusians.
    I would recomend eveyone go buy a bra as soon as they can! It is very liberating.
    Danielle