I took my first baby step into shopping tonight. On my way home around 10:30, I stopped by Walmart determined not to walk out without buying something. My first stop was to get some washer fluid for the car (needed it badly), then I proceeded to the makeup aisle. I was kind edgy b/c there were several people in the area and couple came down the aisle I was in. I finally decide on a clear nail polish and Carnelian Chrome. The I proceeded to pick out a couple pair of pantyhose. Again I was greeted by the random shoppers but none appeared to pay attention to what I was doing.

After choosing a lacy panty style and a control top style I headed to the checkouts. One wasn't very busy so I hopped in line. I was so shaky and nervous but had come this far, saying to myself "you can do it". The cashier rang up my items and never gave me an odd look or say anything outside the normal checkout conversation. I paid and continued out to my car with a huge boost in confidence and the realization most people pay no mind to others around them. It was so thrilling I plan on another trip soon to get the few items I didn't get but should have.

It's all possible by the sisterly support I have here.