Thread: My Dad The Lesbian

My Dad The Lesbian

A new book written about a fifty five year old girl by her daughter. There is a web sight to see and the book can be had here. www.lulu.com Author is Sarah Harrington.
    Last edited by Joy Carter; 04-14-2007 at 12:55 AM.

That's an awfully nasty review on the description page for it. So negative, in fact, one wonders why they even read the book.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well good or bad I don't know

I am confused a little by a description which sounds reasonable to a review that seems filled with hatred

description
    Hundreds of thousands of people in America are living in the wrong bodies. My Dad, the Lesbian is Sarah's tale of living with her father while he explored his gender issues publicly. This humorous look at the questions raised and sometimes heartbreaking answers offers rare insight into the male to female conversion. An easy, lighthearted read that encourages us all to examine the choices we make

review excerpt
    Yikes! MY DAD, THE LESBIAN is a hair-raising account of a disastrously destructive co-dependent relationship. Raised in a household where broken wall switches are duct-taped in the off position and missing doorknobs are never replaced, Sarah nevertheless continues to support her father and enable his infantile, irresponsible behavior when his children are grown and he entertains his lifelong wish to live as a woman—-well, as a ****ty, self-medicating, alcoholic she-male, to tell the truth. Like button-down Alex P. Keaton and his hippy-dippy parents from FAMILY TIES, Sarah has grown up to be quite unlike her father. She is a smart, high-powered business consultant. Yet, while she fixes the toughest problems of corporate America without breaking a sweat, she is incapable of managing her personal life, with a bad marriage behind her, a violent felon for a boyfriend, and the trannie daddy stuck to her like a leach, sucking her spiritually and financially dry

Both taken from the lulu.com page
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

yikes can this be helpful?

The book sounds somewhat like "running with scissors" , with many things happening at once, but none of which led to a calm and helpful relationship amongst the parties involved. It is true that people can arise to a more "normal" life after such stress, but are the better ways to do this?
    Thanks for pointing this out Joy.

Books are books and are usually written from the viewpoint of the author. Life is what a person makes out of it, despite their circumstances. I usually take any book with a grain of salt. After all, I seldom know the person who wrote it personally, so can't really make an honest assessment of them or their circumstances as related in the writing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrie Sifton View Post
    The book sounds somewhat like "running with scissors" , with many things happening at once, but none of which led to a calm and helpful relationship amongst the parties involved. It is true that people can arise to a more "normal" life after such stress, but are the better ways to do this?
    Thanks for pointing this out Joy.
    Actually I saw it as an add at the bottom of a thread. Sorry I didn't read it all because lack of time.

Another on the same site

There's another (what appears to be an interesting) book on the same site titled: Crossdressing in Context. Vol. 1: The Context of Dress and Gender by G. G. Bolich, Ph.D. Here's the link:

http://www.lulu.com/content/346960

I haven't seen it or read any of the reviews, but just thought the rest of the group might want to know about it.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd