Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Wear Freakin' Nail Polish

I Wear Freakin' Nail Polish

A couple of days ago at work I was talking to some of the guys that work for me. I have one relatively new employee who works a swing shift and have made certain that he has both my work and my personal cell phone number and have told him on numerous occasions that he can call me anytime is he has any questions or needs direction on any assignments I have left for him to do. It came out during the discussion that he had called one of the other guys with a question. I asked (mostly rhetorically), "Why doesn't he ever call me?" One of the guys said, "It's because you are so mean." (He was kidding, I think) I said back to them, "Mean?!? I wear freakin' nail polish... how mean can I be?" (I was wearing a frosty wine colored polish with a yellow rose on the 4th finger of each hand at the time. I've been wearing polish at work for several years now). Well, we all broke out in laughter... it was pretty funny.

So my question to you... have you ever made reference to CDing in a lighthearted way? What were the circumstances? What was the reaction?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

LOL-You mean nail polish wearing person you. Don't have any stories like you ask for Holly but whenever anyone asks me how I'm so trim , I always tell them:"How else can I keep my girlish figure?" and then we all laugh. Sal
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It was yesterday and I was talking with a friend about costumes. I said I was thinking of getting some people together to be the Cluedo characters next halloween. At this my friend (a GG) said she'd like to be Miss Scarlet (of course) at which I replied that I was reserving that character for me! She replied "Why am I not surprised?"

No-one actually knows what I do except close family, but maybe suspicions are starting!

well i had to get some things for my wife in a pharmacy last week , it was put back in her name.when i went to pick it up i still had pink nail polish on , the assistant asked me if it was my weekend name on the prescription to go with the pink nail polish and i said no its my every night name , we both laughed,
    joanne f

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_darling View Post
    No-one actually knows what I do except close family, but maybe suspicions are starting!

I have to wonder, really, when we say "No one actually knows" don't we really mean that we have not discussed our crossdressing openly with anyone.

I think a lot more poeple 'know' than we realize. If not the gory details, at least the general drift. As you say, suspicions may be starting. I think that more people are polite and don't comment, or just don't care one way or hte other.

No one at my work 'knows' that I am a crossdresser. But I have long hair, earrings, nail polish, trousersocks.... All my pants are purchased from the ladies sections. So I wonder, what exactly is it that they don't know?
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

I agree w/Salandra, I've said trying to keep my girlish figure. Little do they know how hard it is to look girly.

Sienna

Carin,

I totally agree with you. While the only person I've told is my wife, for the life of me, I can't imagine others, particularly co-workers not having suspicions. Afterall, I wear light make-up everyday, earrings, ladies' trouser socks, slacks (or jeans on Fridays), carry a backpack purse or leather messenger bag, multiple rings, and my hair is highlighted, though generally pulled back in a ponytail. I've worn ladies shoes and boots and have gotten a few comments about the heels (usually 1-1 1/2").

I work with intelligent people and perhaps our long-standing familiarity causes them to overlook my appearance, afterall, I didn't add all at once, just a little at at time. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really fooling anyone but myself. LOL

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Carin View Post
    I have to wonder, really, when we say "No one actually knows" don't we really mean that we have not discussed our crossdressing openly with anyone.

I think a lot more poeple 'know' than we realize. If not the gory details, at least the general drift. As you say, suspicions may be starting. I think that more people are polite and don't comment, or just don't care one way or hte other.

No one at my work 'knows' that I am a crossdresser. But I have long hair, earrings, nail polish, trousersocks.... All my pants are purchased from the ladies sections. So I wonder, what exactly is it that they don't know?
    I think you have a point there, i was at a checkout last week and in front of me was a young nurse, and in front of her were to men trying to chat her up ,i still had some pink nail polish on and she could see it yet she chose to chat to me and ignore the younger men and she did make a point of it , i think that she new i was a cd and some how it made her feel a bit safer,
    joanne f

Salandra, Gina, Joanne, Carin, Sienna, and Jenna, thanks for your thoughts. Surely there are some others that have shared a giggle or two over your CDing... please tell us about it.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Working in the hospital which is still a female dominated work environment, I walk into more than a few interesting conversations. My one charge nurse has used these occurences a couple of times to tease me. The main one I remember is when the gals were sitting at the desk talking about bra's. She made some comment about having me wear one. I just smiled, cupped my hands under my non breasts, and said that I didn't think it would do me any good as I had nothing for the bra to hold up. She replied that it could be a training bra, to which I said, "Nope not even enough for that". I'm pretty sure it is in fun, because she is always suggeting that I grow my hair into a mullet. Or as she says, the haircut that is all bussiness in front and party in back. Little does she know I wear a 38-40C while not at work.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

While at the bar, a girl friend of mine remarked "I wish I could look that good in a miniskirt (talking about a waitress."
    A guy friend sarcastically remarked "uhh.. yea, so do I *rolling eyes*"
    I quipped "too bad for you guys! I'd look fantastic in that skirt!"

There have been a few other comments like that too. I may be arousing suspicion..

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I can't really remember that many stories like this, not recently anyway, except perhaps for one. Before I got married there was a time I used to share a house with a GG friend of mine, although we lived together, we were not romantically involved.

Anyway, I had grown my fingernails really long and I decided to buff them up to a shine. I spent so long buffing them that they were really bright and and shiny and looked just like I was wearing clear nail polish (but I wasn't). My GG friend looked at my hands and said "haven't you got girly nails? You've even painted them." I said I had only buffed them up a little bit, and she retorted "they look painted .... and I wouldn't be surprised if they were .... knowing you!"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

[SIZE="3"]Holly

I admire your complete self assured acceptance of yourself ,with a sense of humor to boot! You go girl!!

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

A couple weeks ago two friends of mine a I got a hair brain idea to take a motor cycle ride. The temp. was in the 50's but as the sun set it dropped to the low 40's in a hurry, not good bike weather for these old bones. It was decided to dtop for a cup of coffee. The topic of discussion as we were sipping coffee was how to dress warm. One of my friends said he always wears long johns, the other was quick to point out how well his insulated levis keep him warm. I simply said I wouldn't think of being out tonight without a pair of Panty Hose on

I was playing scatorgories (or however you spell it) with my parents last night. They know about me, btw, and one of the categories was articles of clothing. Well...my answer was "skirts." They both just nodded and I got the point for that word, lol. I'm not even sure if the reason I wrote it down (or would have been nervous about writing it down) crossed their minds.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

I plucked up the courage to buy a bra for myself at M&S while out Christmas shopping last year. As the (GG) cashier scanned it in, she looked at me and said "38C, is that right?", presumably thinking I'd bought it for my SO. I replied "Yes, why, what size did YOU think I was?" Unfortunately, she wasn't up for the challenge, she looked away as she said "That'll be £15 please". If she'd offered me a fitting, I wonder if I'd have had the courage to accept!

Tony

One of the Admin Assistants at work asked me if I do my nails myself of if I go to a salon. I said both. We had a bried discussion about the pros and cons of each, then she showed me this hillarious video. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30922330991484
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

Two weeks ago, I found Almay liquid eyeliner at WalMart, colour-coded for your eye colour. I have very blue eyes, and the product match was a warm brown, which I tried. I liked it, not as trashy as the darker liner I had used. This morning I was putting in time and went by WM to get the matching mascara. It took about 2 minutes to find it, and the line at 9 am on a Sunday was not long, so I was checking out very soon. The sales attendant scanned the mascara, I said I didn't need a bag, she said, "oh, will you be wearing it out, then?' Looking me squarely in my very blue eyes....???. :"Not just yet.." was my somewhat weak reply. Then I noticed that this 40-something lady had a very neat light-grey eyeshadow, and some other very complimentary makeup. The young jock behind me didn't seem to be into makeup, so I just smiled and took the mascara. btw, I really like it.
    I have been out, dressed or somewhat dressed for several occassions, so I think some people have connected the dots. Es la vida.

OMFG if I was drinking milk, it would've come out of my nose.

I've had an almost similar experience. One of my male friends and my GF were talking. I've completely forgotten what we were talking about, but in a joking manner, he says to me, "Those're pretty harsh words comin' from a crossdresser!"

I... was... mortified...

Never, never, never

My crossdressing is private; that is, only one person knows I crossdress, though there are two online I trust with this information (we have not met). I'm a guy through and through, so no one could possibly imagine that I crossdress from time to time. Of that, I am quite certain

When I'm at work, I'm Charlie. BUT, my hair is long, I wear filigree hoop earrings, nails long and polished, mascara, rings, and a bracelet.
    I'm in charge of the people that do the ghost tours for the company I work for, training ect. So last week I had to talk to a young lady as we were getting some complaints about her tours and to refund on one occasion. As I was talking to her, more of a pep talk than anything else, but firm,
    I called her dear, and she shot back with a "YES MA'AM!"
    The kicker is that for the winter I grew the pelt on my face and have a goatee 'till mid May!
    Do you think I'm "out"? LOL
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

My wife and I talk about it, a few weeks ago she was washing her tights for spin class and started to laugh, I asked her "whats so funny" she said "I almost asked you if you wanted try on my tights, but your are a nylons kinda girl"

People at work know me as a guy who works out, likes to go shooting, camping. My guess no one would think I love the touch of a nice skirt....

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    I plucked up the courage to buy a bra for myself at M&S while out Christmas shopping last year. As the (GG) cashier scanned it in, she looked at me and said "38C, is that right?", presumably thinking I'd bought it for my SO. I replied "Yes, why, what size did YOU think I was?" Unfortunately, she wasn't up for the challenge, she looked away as she said "That'll be £15 please". If she'd offered me a fitting, I wonder if I'd have had the courage to accept!

Tony
    I had a similar experience when I worked up the courage to buy my first bra at Woolies, our eqivalent to M&S. Only it was me that chickened out. The young SA asked if I was sure I had the right size and said I was welcome to try it on first! I was totally lost for words and the moment passed.

Edwina

I will share an experience, a friend of mine is a nail tech, I used to watch her work and always wished I was the girl in the chair. She used to do a few girly things to me like wax my brows and file my nails..One time she put on a long acrylic nail on my pinky and painted it bright red. that was so hot.. One day I was over and wearing sandles and she said would you like a pedicure, I said sure, as she was pampering me she asked if I had clear polish on, My nails are normally shiny I said no so she asked me if I wanted them polished afterwards, to her shock I said Yes, a French Pedicure would be nice. She said that would look very girly and I said yea Thats why I want it. I had since confided in her and I think she told a few people, one friend I know calls me lady when joking with me!!!

:-) I like to tell my male complaining friends 'not to get your panties in a bunch'... Works wonders. Doesn't mean I think they crossdress though.

After a few halloween enfem, I get endless jokes, comments from friends and wife. The latest was when we saw a TV show "Mind Freak" where Chris Angle dressed up as a pregnant woman. She said, his face looks great, but his arms are hairy, just like yours and even you know that you have to remove it to pass as a woman. Really really hard not to laugh as I was out and about trying to pass as a woman just the other day! So, anyone wondering, bleached arm hair and no finger hair (which I recently tried) will not be noticed by your SO. :-)