Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just told my boss.

Just told my boss.

Reading many of the threads about going out en-femme i have noticed that many of us all have the same fear? The fear of what will happen if we get recognised by someone we know.
    Well today i managed to pluck up the courage to do a "preemptive strike"(is that the right spelling?)
    My thinking is that instead of waiting for someone at work to clock-me en-femme and spread the gossip i would be the one to start it
    As my boss was getting ready to leave i asked him if we could have a quick friendly chat and he said yes. I said i had a lot on my mind and that it was weighing me down and that i would like to get something off my chest. His easy widened and "Oh, ok" was the nervous reply.I didn't have time to talk so i gave him my website address and told him to sit down with a double whisky ( for the shock ) later on, "Okay you've got me intregued now" ( the very reaction i was expecting ) so i left it with him and returned to my duties.
    I will keep you all posted on how things go , wish me luck for tomorrow

That's a pretty wild way to come out to anyone, Debbie! I guess you must have a pretty cool boss. And a good website. Lots of luck! I hope you don't need it...

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I remember when I came out to my secretary long ago I did similar....emailed her a photo of Emily Ann and included "Let's talk about this file at lunch today." She was sure I was gonna confess to having an affair with the "young lady" in the photo.

And BTW, you are so brave. If my company found out I was a woman they would cut my pay 40%. (giggle giggle)

Emily Ann

Wow! I hope that everything turns out ok for you...I'm guessing you probably would not have told your boss had you feared a negative reaction...But, having said that, I can tell you from personal experience that "letting the cat out of the bag" at work is not always the best thing to do. Like you, I told my boss several years ago. At the time, it seemed to go ok, but I later learned through a co-worker who I trusted that my crossdressing was the subject of choice at various after work get-togethers among my co-workers.

I wish you better luck than I had with this subject. I hope that it turns out well for you--but I'd advise you to be prepared for anything. Please keep us posted on what happens.
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Kudos on your "preemptive strike" as it were, let me tell you that hearing stories like that make me feel hopeful about the day I can tell ppl I am a Cross Dresser... Thank you.

"preemptive strike" watch out the the return fire , that was brave of you i hope all works out for you please keep us posted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[QUOTE=myMichelle;828022]At the time, it seemed to go ok, but I later learned through a co-worker who I trusted that my crossdressing was the subject of choice at various after work get-togethers among my co-workers.QUOTE]

That's exactly what i expect to happen but hope not no going back now

I guess i'll be finding out how cool my boss is tomorrow and how good my website is ??
    Not expecting to get much sleep tonight so thats me off for an early night and get what i can
    http://debbiegizmotv.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

WOW!
    Well, Debbie, I think you're gorgeous. And I've just looked at you site and must say, that you are straight-forward, that's for sure.

I once had to tell a friend, that I sometimes have difficulty, telling the difference, between my honesty and brutal frankness.

I sure do wish you well, with your boss. And I suppose, I would have done the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I just inadvertently spat my wine at my computer monitor in shock! I hope this works out ok for you, I could never do what you have done unless I was pretty sure of the outcome before I said anything. Good luck.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

hey good job for telling the boss and it's awesome he took it well. i wouldn't have the nerve in a million years to tell someone in my professional life. hope everything works out for you.

christie

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Hang in there Hen
    You know we are behind you

Edwina

wow... gutsy move. That is so cool.
    Here's to you and to a positive response!

Aspiring Member
    Wow! That's a pretty bold move. Sometimes a bold move can be a persons downfall, other times it's a stroke of genius.

Wish you the best.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Good luck with this. I hope it works out for you. You have taken the element of surprise away from the work force!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

quick update

Well thats the 1st day over and done with.
    My boss came to me 1st in the morning and he was speachless, he had no idea and didn't know what to say.
    He comended me on my bravery and thanked me for taking him into my confidance and that he was fine with it and that was about it
    So thats 1 down just the other 40-50 folk to go

I just love success stories.

I'm glad it worked out as well as it did.

I'm working on revising my website, so I can do sort of the same thing.
    I want to give out mini CD-ROMS with a small site that leads them to other sites of similar interest as well as the page I already have. (Which I'm updating as well.)

It's a lot of work for me, because I coding it mostly by hand, xHTML & style sheets. It will be a lot easier to update in the end though.

It's stories like yours that give me strength.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    wow that took real courage Debbi,I hope all continues to go well for you

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Let me say this you've either got em like a brass monkey, or the boss is super cool...

I could see my boss taking it well...yea right...

a brave thing I hope it works out in the long run.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Banned Read only
    I'm assuming you go to work dressed as a male. Why would you want everyone to know you dress en-femme outside of work?

I'm glad this went well for you Debbie. I'd say you're lucky to have such a nice guy for a boss, now lets hope that everything else goes as well. The best of luck to you.
    Kisses, Linda

Good luck, hope that he takes it as an adult member of a highly intelligent species that is beyound the state of having to defend his manhood!

Smitten with my ClaireJ claireswife-gg's Avatar
    May I ask a question? Now, I'm not critical in the slightest of any GID issues--I'm married to someone in transition--but why on earth are you coming out to all of your coworkers as a CD? And by letting them read your diary of all things?

My brain is boggled... you must work with a very LGBT friendly bunch. I can understand coming out trans as that will affect them, but goodness, this is a shocker!

We're hiding Claire's transness until we're ready for her to lose her job, which will be the definite outcome.
    http://annierushden.blogspot.com/
    Gardens in Bloom - An untraditional love story

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I'm assuming you go to work dressed as a male. Why would you want everyone to know you dress en-femme outside of work?
    My thoughts as well. Do they really need to know?

But kudos on your courage!

I'm amazed and in awe of the courage that must have taken!
    Way to go and I'm so glad it turned out so well!
    Kim