Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could We Really BE Women?

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar

Could We Really BE Women?

[/COLOR]
    Almost constantly in recent years, I have dreamed of living as a woman.

Being a woman, however, is not easy. As we CDs and TGs have found out, getting dressed each day and putting on make-up each day is a chore. Most of us love doing it, but for most of us, we don't do it every day before going to work.

None of us will ever bear children, or be a mother holding a baby at our breast. Could we indeed live through the discomfort of nine months of pregnancy with its morning sickness and discomforts? Could we stand the pain of labor and of delivery?

One of the most beautiful sights in the world is a woman who is fully pregnant and near delivery. Another lovely sight is that of a mother nursing an infant on her breast. There is usually a brightness and joy in the eyes of women in these two scenes. Yes, I think we could be mothers (if nature would permit) to experience the sweetness that comes with child birth.

What do the rest of you think? Could you be a COMPLETE woman?

After seeing my wife through two births I can honestly say, There is no way I would ever want to do that. I'll leave that to the stronger sex.
    What the world need now is love, sweet love.....

I argue that a person doesn't have to go through childbirth or even conception to be a complete woman. And a man doesn't have to sire a child to be complete, either. One can be fully human without exercising the reproductive function. But to answer your question, I could no more be a complete woman than I'm a complete man now; I'm a blend, a hybrid, a combination, a spectrum.

I still enjoy being a boy, like my plumbing, and have no desire to experience childbirth or mothering.
    BTW: my wife felt the same way about breeding as I do.

Well, we enjoy the "glitter" part of being a woman Hon. No matter what we do, though, we will never experience the joy and satisfaction of being a Mother. It remains to be seen if we would have the special fortification needed to do that but I, for one, would be willing to give it a shot if it were possible. It's not all bad though as being a Dad gives you a special satisfaction all it's own. I've had that privelage three times. Even so, I have a high regard for women overall because they are very special people indeed. Sal
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Well, I'd love to live as a woman in a daily basis, but I'd have to be a housewife

As I said in other thread, I'm looking for a job and employers surely don't care for our reasons. Most of them see us as weird people (to say the least). So, that's the only way I'd se myself living as a woman. But I'd surely love it.

To each their own dear.
    Last edited by Jan W; 04-19-2007 at 06:51 AM.

Um....

Well, the easy answer is that it is profoundly difficult even for transexuals to actually live as women. We need to bear in mind that, as CDs, our experience of femininity is really quite superficial. We have not undergone an entire lifetime of conditioning and experience from a female perspective. So to my mind, the difficulties in creating a consistently feminine appearance are the very least of the limitations we would face in actually "being women", as you say.

On another note: While pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood are, of course, experiences that are biologicially impossible for us to experience, I would be careful about equating those with the essence of femininity. Many women will take umbrage at the implication that the highest aspects of the female being relate to procreation.

For my part, I enjoy immensely the ability to periodically alter my outer appearance. I also enjoy matching this change of appearance with a similar change in mannerism and deportment. Very occasionally, I hope that at the same time, my mind and emotions are free to function in a manner that would be considered more traditionally feminine: freer with emotional expression and empathy, less driven, less solution-oriented, less aggressive. At the same time, I am always aware that this is a very shallow approximation of femininity - and that even at my most fem I am far, far, far away from actually "being a woman".

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    No one really know what you can do until you are faced with the task...Did my wife know she could carry our son to term, have him, feed him and put up with all my shi*...I would say NO...

Being a GM, you're exactly right, unless medicine makes super steps in body morphing, I will never experience what she has, but I would love the chance to do so...

...and unless we are the higher being, we'll never know what any of us can do until faced with the situation...

The real advantage to being a CD is that you get to experience the good parts of being feminine without having to take on the bad parts of being a "real" woman. If I had been born female, I'm sure I would have found a way to survive as one. However, I was born male and am quite happy with my occasional limited explorations into the female world.
    Phoebe

I must be dreaming
    Today's society is in crisis as far as gender roles are concerned. What are the true differences between men and women? Those of us raised in the 1950's and 1960's have been imprinted with TV stereotypes of Ward and June Cleaver. I'm not saying that these are the correct roles, however. Today's young adults do not have this imprinting. Young males do not have a clear idea of what maleness is supposed to be. Is it like the "Man's show" where men are superficial couch potatoes only interested in meaningless sex? Women are now supposed to be movie star like sex objects ala Paris Hilton. No emphasis on family is present and most families are two earner now with little or no home life. Who wants to get married today? Why and for what reason? To have children and a family? SO when we ask what is it to be a woman, I ask what is it to be a man?
    A work in progress

Well, I think the body is just the 'package', so to speak. Our brain is the complex part. There are men that feel like real women, there are men that need to dres as women, there are men that feel comfy the way they are... As there are women living the same issues. I think these are 'problems' gender free, if you get my meaning. So, I can live in a man's body, but if I had to change sex, I could live with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlUeDrAgOn View Post
    Well, I think the body is just the 'package', so to speak. Our brain is the complex part. There are men that feel like real women, there are men that need to dres as women, there are men that feel comfy the way they are... As there are women living the same issues. I think these are 'problems' gender free, if you get my meaning. So, I can live in a man's body, but if I had to change sex, I could live with it as well.
    Hear, hear!

Ever since I can remember (and I am now 67) I have felt that I would like to be a "girl". My crossdressing started whn I was about 12 years old. I used to dress up in my mother's clothes when she went out shopping or visting.

Lately, I have been taking phytohormones like Red Clover, Fennugreek, Saw Palmetto and Wild Yam to grow my breasts! It seems to be working. My breasts have grown to fill a 34B cup bra - a year ago they were non-existant. My body hair is also a lot finer and I have been waxing my legs and arms.

I have now chosen to wear women's slacks, blouses and shoes all the time. Unfortunately, I am almosr bald and have to wear a wig. The reaction from people that I meet at the Malls is completely neutral.

Love and kisses,

Nadine

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I used to dress up in my mother's clothes when she went out shopping or visting.
    well, I guess that's how we all started

I thought several times about growing my breasts, but it's just a tenuous thought. I've got a looong road to travel before I get to that (if I'll ever get to that).

Banned Read only

No

I am lazy. I hate to do hair, do not like to shave and usually forget. I would hate to take so long to get dressed. I can get up and dressed and ready to go in 5 minutes. Women have to do too much to get ready everyday. Not for me.

An I am sure that wearing a bra everyday would be a drag after a while, especially on a hot day.

Not to mention my wife and kids!

Medically we can not bare chrildren, but there have been TS's that have had thier breast start secrerating milk, so I guess some of us could feel the pleasue of breast feeding. Other than that, only GG's can enjoy all those feelings.

"What do the rest of you think? Could you be a COMPLETE woman?"

It appears you're saying you think childbirth is the measure of being a "complete woman." There are many women who have no desire to give birth- it doesn't make them less of a woman. MTF transsexuals can become a "complete woman" to roughly 99% of what those born with a female body go through- menstruation & menopause they won't experience. Childbirth is an optional thing for GG's, not an experience they all share.

Banned Read only
    I agree a preganant women is one of the most beautiful sights in nature. As for could I be a real woman - I'd like to think so - but I doubt if I'd last out a month...

Hugs and kisses,

EmmaJ.

I'd really love to know the feeling of carrying a child in me, but it won't be possible, at least in this lifetime. As for other things, whenever I get the chance, I will live as a happy girl.

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar

Enjoy the Comments

As the song goes, "To Each His Own." Lots of comments here and they all are appreciated.

I plead guilty to not recognizing a woman's right NOT to bear children. As a longtime feminist here, I am ashamed of myself. As a father of five, I have done my share of diapers (including washing my daughter's diapers by hand when I was in the Navy 50 yrs ago), of housework and other feminine chores. I think I could happily live as a woman, even knowing all that!

All the comments show a sensitivity to the daily demands and other demands of a woman's life. One comment not made was the fact that women continue to earn less than men (as a whole). As CDs or TGs many of us have had the advantage of having the earnings typical of men; women still earn about 70% of males in typical occupations.

mama's

Also another point I'd like to make is there are alot of women out there who cannot conceive or who cannot cary a child to term and therefore does that make her any less a woman.... MY answer is no she is still very much all woman. I have a dear friend who very much wants to have that experience and so far has not been able to. She and her husband have spent a great deal of money for procedures and such to try and make this happen. I am very greatful God let me feel the experience of being a mother to 2 handsome young men. Motherhood is exhausting and it's a 24-7 job but it also is so rewarding in so many ways.

I'd love to see a man have to deal with what we deal with 24-7 the whole nine yards. Besides the fact that it can't happen physically I don't think mentally the guys could handle it.

Silver Member
    Well, I have known for as long as I can remember that I was a woman. I have had to deal with this male body, however, and years of testosterone poisoning. Can I ever really "be" a woman? Not in the biological sense. But I am doing all I can to realize that goal to the best of my ability. I owe myself no less.

Just MHO,
    Stephenie

I would love to be able to have a baby and experience childbirth. Not possible though, as I am male.

As far as getting dressed, makeup, hair, nails, etc... I do that most days, and it does take some time to get ready in the mornings...

If I don't set my hair at night, and sleep in the rollers, I have to set it in the morning. There's a couple of hours right there. 15-20 mins. to get dressed. another 15-30 mins. to fix your face....

You'd have to get up and going at least 1-2 hours before you need to be anywhere in order to be ready. That's not counting the time it takes to bathe and shave, if you like to do that in the morning as well. And what about breakfast for you and your SO. Let's add another hour now.

So... If you have to be at work by 9am, you better get up a 6am just to be sure that you have enough time.

Now, put children into the picture... Well there goes all the spare time that you needed to fix your hair and face.

I do dress on a daily basis and do my hair at least twice a week. Makeup most days is minimal... Eye shadow, blush and lipstick. Takes 5 minutes.
    Once a week I get dressed to the nines and it takes a bit longer as you all know.

I'll never be a woman, and may never know what it is to be or feel like a woman, but I can look the part anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One thing every one of yall has failed to see about *being a woman* is the menstural cycle. Could yall bleed for a week every month and still honestly want to be a woman? Having over flow issues, or forgetting your *feminine protection* and having to use alternative methods??? Cramps, sometimes SEVERE enough to keep you home from work or school. Feeling icky bloated and blah.
    THERE is some food for thought.

I'm happy just wearing female duds now and then. Nothing too profound, I'm afraid. And as far as pregnancy or, put another way, motherhood being a measure of complete femaleness, I disagree.

Personally, I have no desire to be a father. That doesn't make me less of a man. Reproductive organs are not superficial, to be sure (hormones and all that). It is what's inside your cranium that defines who you are.