Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaving (chest & legs) .. a big step!

Shaving (chest & legs) .. a big step!

Hi Girls! so who's done it? and when? Were/are you totally out, or do you hide it?

Sorry to bombard you all with so many questions but in a way, you pulled the plug and I thank you for doing so.

One of the things I least like about me when I try to girl up, is the hair. However it's a huge step to shave it off .. and then becomes more difficult to stay in the closet. In theory I could just make sure to always have on a tshirt and pants/sweats when anyone is around, but I'm so not ready to answer questions yet.

Has anyone done it and then let it grow back? how long does it take to look "normal" again How often do you have to shave to keep the look/feel, I have dark hair so it's probably worse.

How about the arms? short of shaving, what can be done to lessen the look (again, dark hair) ?

Thanks as always,

Sasha:be:

I've shaved all my body hair a few times. I cannot dress without doing the whole shave thing anymore, because I want to appear as femme as possible - even my arm hair has to go. Since I'm blond, the end result hardly makes a difference anyway so I'm lucky. I would watch the eyebrows, though. Blond eyebrows are essentially transparent. But a lot of guys with dark hair who make their brows more feminine may discover difficulties explaining it when in drab.

I am also a cyclist and swimmer, two sports where shaving is rather the norm. Just tell those who bother to ask that this is for athletics or whatever. But I'm pretty sure most people don't notice or could care less. The big issue is your SO.
    Last edited by Alex!; 04-19-2007 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreamfor View Post
    I've shaved all my body hair a few times. I cannot dress without doing the whole shave thing anymore, because I want to appear as femme as possible - even my arm hair has to go. Since I'm blond, the end result hardly makes a difference anyway so I'm lucky. I would watch the eyebrows, though. Blond eyebrows are essentially transparent. But a lot of guys with dark hair who make their brows more feminine may discover difficulties explaining it when in drab.

I am also a cyclist and swimmer, two sports where shaving is rather the norm. Just tell those who bother to ask that this is for athletics or whatever. But I'm pretty sure most people don't notice or could care less. The big issue is your SO.
    Thanks, no SO right now so that's not a problem. That's one of the reasons I'm taking this time to "explore" things. Of couse, now I'll meet the girl and she'll want to go swimming somewhere. Then it becomes decision time .. more lies or just try it honest for once. Life may not be easy now, but it sure is exciting!

Sasha

I shave everything, every day and use electric shavers (no nicks).
    Hmm, am I out? Well, if going out in public, wearing a skirt, in guy mode or a wig in fem mode, is "out", then yes, I'm out, giggle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please, please

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha M View Post
    Thanks, no SO right now so that's not a problem. That's one of the reasons I'm taking this time to "explore" things. Of couse, now I'll meet the girl and she'll want to go swimming somewhere. Then it becomes decision time .. more lies or just try it honest for once. Life may not be easy now, but it sure is exciting!

Sasha
    Sasha, please be honest with a potential SO. These are your feelings and any SO has the desire to know who you really are, up front.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Hi Sasha,

You could try as an initial step a beard trimmer to thin things out a bit and steadily build your way up to shaving your hair totally off.

I'm out so I'm not really that bothered what people think when I'm en drab and wearing a short shirt with nice smooth arms!

The thing that will most improve your passability (unless you have nice girlie eyebrows already) is plucking them into a more femme shape. Now that did raise a few eyebrows (no pun intended) at work and with friends.

Enjoy the journey!

Hugs and kisses,

EmmaJ.

HI I have removing all body hair for years I even get my eye brows shaped
    and nobody has ever said anything bad now I get good complements on my legs all the time. you have to understand that we tend to think people around us have nothing better to do then look to see If we have no body hair
    theay dont care and if theay were to say anything just say you like it that way. its our bodys and If we dont want apman hair then thats all that matters!!!!
    huggs jennig

Hi Girls
    Im not OUT yet but i have shaved some of my body hair ( chest was the worst )but the rash at first was killing me but it does get better,i have trimmed the hair on my legs ( number 2 )as i am quite hairy and my partner did ask me a couple of days ago if i had shaved my legs ,but on checking she just thought they were getting lighter.
    I know i should tell her but she saw something on tv the other day and she said she couldn't put up with a partner who crossdressed.
    The easiest option for me at the moment is a natural bodystocking which cover the hairs and looks good as well.
    Love Katia
    In the garden of life another flower blossoms is that really me

I shave everything every other day (usually). I'm getting lazy in my old age though and push the envelope sometimes to 4 days. By that time my chest hair is looking pretty good and I think of letting it grow but usually shave it. If I don't and let it grow back, I'll go through at least 4 razors to get rid of it again. Sal
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    There is no question but that:

1.) Very few people will notice. (Try to determine for yourself if someone else shaves. Try and be really nosey. Try hard. Do they? How do you know? Now put yourself in that position. Will anyone else be able to tell?

2.) Very few people will care. (Ask yourself the same question. If you found out an aquaintance of yours shaved his legs, would you care? Probably not, right?)

3.) Many vigorous athletes shave their bodies. (Weight lifters, body builders, swimmers, runners, bicyclists, models, etc. Do people put them down for shaving? I think not!)

4.) It's absolutely NOBODY'S business what you do with your body. Anyone so impolite as to voice a negative opinion about your desire or lack of desire to shave ANY part of your body deserves to be blown off. Ignore them or insult them back. Would you stand for anyone trying to put you down for growing a beard or shaving your face? Probably not, right?

So, . . . if you want to try shaving your legs, chest, underarms, and whatever, just do it. It's an experience, hon. You will not regret it. And, of course, if you do, it grows back quicker than you can imagine. Just think about how fast your beard grows. In less than a month, you will not be able to tell you ever shaved anything. But really, try it! It's your business and only your business.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 04-19-2007 at 08:43 PM.

I shave my legs and, unfortunately, it bugs my wife. When I used to ride my bike she was okay with it, but not so much now. The thing is, if I let it grow back, even when it's all above the skin, my legs itch like crazy, so much so that I shave it off again :-) She may suspect something's up (my eyebrows are plucked too) but she hasn't come out and called me on it.

Shaved the chest (what little hair there is) but that really bugs my wife. What is a drag is the hair starting to show up on the back

Kassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    There is no question but that:

1.) Very few people will notice. (Try to determine for yourself if someone else shaves. Try and be really nosey. Try hard. Do they? How do you know? Now put yourself in that position. Will anyone else be able to tell?
    Really, no, except for my Mom, 83 with early Alzheimers, who lives with me. If I sport around shirtless or in shorts it will be obvious and I'm not sure I want to lay that on her. Ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    So, . . . if you want to try shaving your legs, chest, underarms, and whatever, just do it. It's an experience, hon. You will not regret it. And, of course, if you do, it grows back quicker than you can imagine. Just think about how fast your beard grows. In less than a month, you will not be able to tell you ever shaved anything. But really, try it! It's your business and only your business.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    OK, done. I just got out of the shower and I'm one clean girl from the waist down .. Oh.My.God! does that feel awesome and honestly quite "exciting". I will be doing more very soon. Especially since now here in GA it's still quite pleasant, but come Aug I may not be able to always wear long pants and a shirt ... comfort-wise. I'll have my first purchase, forms, bra, panties, any day now and they will look so much better sans hair, especially the chest. I can't wait!

Sasha

Silver Member
    And, of couse, the down side of shaving your body is that it's a LOT of work. And a lot of work to keep up. Taking the time to shave all of your legs, chest, underarms, and anything else you might want can take a good deal of time in the bathroom. And a lot of hot water. And several razors. Fully grown hair will clog a disposable razor in a few strokes. You have to keep clearing the razor or it's useless. Many report sucess trimming the hair short with clippers before trying to shave. I think it might help. Once you have the hair shaved, it's easier to shave the next time as it isn't so long. The first time I did this I managed to clog up the shower drain but good. I had to disassemble the plumbing to clear the drain of all the hair. My wife was a little p****d to say the least.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I shave my chest everyday to cut back on razor burn. Legs and arms maybe once a week. Also try to keep those pesky eyebrows plucked and under control constantly.

Has anybody tried "Moon" from the Breastform Store? From the ads on their website it looks like a good product.

ok

I shave every part of my body and nobody asks me if im gay or what ever just tell them you have a hair a phobe (well i do) Because nasty stuff live in it. O and the pest way to shave is get some shaving cream and a mach 5 those new razors with 5 blades on them for guys it work better then girl razors cause guy hair is thicker. O and one more thing with that razor i rarely like 1 every two weeks have to change the blades on it

I shaved my legs once just to take pictures. It took me WAY longer than I expected and I gained a new respect for women who shave their legs! lol They took nearly a week to get any reasonable length and another week to get back to regular length

As for the underarms, I had a bug bite or something on one of my armpits. At firs I didn't know what it was, so I shaved it to get a better look. Since I'm obsessively symmetrical, I had to do the other one too. I just liked the feel better so I kept shaving them once every couple days.

Shaves my leg three weeks ago. That was awsome.
    That is about the time to have some cover back. not the old length, but enough not to be noticed.

Buts its a good step!

It is. Much easier with shaved legs to walk in thigh highs that stay up! I have shaved the lot - and got some very good complements from GGs on the style. It gets down to how much hair you have to start with as someone else has said. I first got caught at a store when a friend approached me for a conversation, during which I reached up to get something off the shelf and they noticed my cleanly shaved underarms - they asked and I said I did. Caught again - yeah - Im a serial crossdresser!

Sus

Well, I shaved my body a while back and it felt fantastic. But at that time I was single and didn't have anyone to justify to. Now it's more complicated. But it sure feels nice to have your entire body 'clean'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="3"]Life's what you make of it[/SIZE]

Clean from head to toe. Love it. It's been mentioned that it's alot of work, but I enjoy it. Do it every 2 or 3 days in the shower and once a week soak in a bubble bath first. Luxurious!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Love Lipstick & Heels AllThingsPretty's Avatar
    I keep my body shaved daily. It feels wonderful and the best part is my wife is starting to enjoy the way it feels.

Transgender HouseWife Toni Shelton's Avatar
    I do it. Its wonderful, I wouldnt want to live anyother way. I am out to some, and don't talk about it to others. I think they kinda know and don't want to talk about it. This is the way I want to live, and do feel like a woman with no body hair.

Love and Kisses
    Cynthia
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"]Toni Shelton[/SIZE][/SIZE]

tonishelton56@yahoo.com

[SIZE="2"]My Mothers first Daughter[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My New Avatar is my New Years Picture, I hope you like.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    When I started shaving my plan was at first to just shave during the winter months, and let my leg hair grow out completely starting in the month of March-October.

That lasted for about 1 year before I became to used to the feel of smooth legs, and started to really get grossed out when I would dress in the summer time and see hair underneath my hose. As for other people noticing my legs, I wear shorts all the time in front of my parents. Outside of the occasional long stair by my mother nothing has been said.

I also have the excuse of lifting weights in that hair covers muscle (for chest, and legs). Finally in the past when my male friends have asked if I shave my legs, my response is yes, and WHY ARE YOU CHECKING OUT MY LEGS? Jocelyn

I keep my whole body shaved all the time .I love the feel of smooth skin on my body .I usually shave at least once a week to keep my body hair under control.And using lotion helps out to keep my skn looking and feeling good too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Fancy Nancy

I've tried 3 different methods:

-Shaving
    It's terrible when hair starts to grow. It hurts and gets itchy with clothes' friction.

-Cream
    The most comfy method, but the less lasting.

-Epilating machine
    Hurts like hell the first time, but then we get used to it. I guess the hair roots start getting thinner.

I've never tried wax, but I'd like to try it some day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="3"]Life's what you make of it[/SIZE]