Thread: Everyone needs a T-Girl

Everyone needs a T-Girl

Hi All,

I am fed up with people in my office making uninformed comments about t-girls - and no they don't know about me as far as I know! And if they do I'd rather they just tell me they do and we get ot all over and done with.

It would do them all good if someone would point out the inaccuracies of their arguments, show them that we are normal people, not perverts, child molesters, dangerous, criminals or likely to stand on a desk dancing wearing nothing but a lingerie set and a feather boa!

Perhaps a t-girl hire service would be a good idea - get a tranny for a day and educate your staff!

Em

Hiring one for the day!? I can see who would use that service and it wouldn't be people trying to understand. Just unpleasant people trying to get into your knickers!

Sadly there is intolerance out there regardless of which demographic you belong too, sexism, racisim, ageism we're all subject to it even if we're not our feminine selves. So i think we will just have to accept it and maybe offer a word or two in defence if the topic comes up.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Its funny, some of my co-workers went to an all-hands meeting where they talked about diversity (I work in engineering so its not a terribly diverse environment). Well, I jokingly said to one co-worker that he should take his earring stud out and put in plugs and dye his hair pink. He said jokingly that he should get a sex-change instead. I don't think he is TG. If he only knew...
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

everyone needs a t girl

There is intolerance everywhere but we should all do our best to try and educate those that don't have a clue. Of course if we want to remain covert it makes it hard to assist in this but there are ways to do it. I always tell people that I have a great friend that is a .... and the stereotypes that are being spewed are not anywhere near reality. It gets some questions going and then I have the ability to explain what I know of the community as an interested bystander.

Why don't you say that you are a "friend" of the LGBT community, say that you understand their issues, and what they are saying is not totally correct. Try to quietly educate your co-workers if they are willing to learn, and listen. If worse comes to worse, you can tell them that what they are saying offends you. You have that right too.

Katrina- What he said to you may not have been a joke.
    [SIZE="3"] Be true to yourself, even if no one else wants you to be!

To live your life in fear, is to live only half a life.
    "Strictly Ballroom"

:GE: Hugs To All!! Shelly
    [/SIZE]