Thread: rude remarks from a passing car

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar

rude remarks from a passing car

Hi all,

I had kind of a strange incident yesterday evening while out walking my dog. First off, I was dressed fairly sedately. I was wearing a pair of women's jeans and a long-sleeved women's tee shirt with a high v-neck that I have worn out many times without receiving any strange looks or comments. I did not wear a bra or my forms as I was in "semi-drab" mode.

I had just encountered an older couple in the park where the walking trail passes through who were very nice and chatted with me for several minutes about my dog without seeming to notice anything at all unusual about me.

Not more than a minute after leaving them, while walking along a busy street next to the park, a car went by with a couple of fairly young men inside. The one in the passenger side leaned out and yelled a remark at me.
    I swear he said "BUTCH", which rather startled me.
    Then, after thinking about it a minute, I had to laugh.
    If he only knew, LOL.

Now, I suppose I might have mis-heard him, but I only really know one other word close to that, and it really didn't sound like that, his inflection really sounded like a "U", not an "I", LOL.

So, if he did say what I thought he said, it would seem that he thought I was some kind of butch lesbian, or maybe even a FTM? Maybe he was just hopelessly confused by my ambiguous presentation?

At any rate, I couldn't care less about what some ignorant lout feels the need to yell from the safety of a moving vehicle, I am still going to be me. I've been called "faggot" before just because of my long hair, I simply gave them a nice one-fingered salute and went on about my business.
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

Thats the universal sign for insecurity. Keep your head up girl and let them think they are being kool while actually showing their true insecurities.
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

On one of my outings with my wife we were crossing at an intersection near our hotel, we were both in knee length skirts and heels. About halfway across the street we got whistles and cat calls from a car stopped at the light. I was nervous to begin with but now I was terrified that they might read me and my worst fears became my only thought. We continued to the other side without making any eye contact and it was over as quickly as it began. It really was nothing more than a few (probably drunk) males having their bit of fun, small things amuse small minds! But it made me realize that women have had to put up this this sort of stuff most of their lives. It wouldn't have happened if I'd been in male mode but we both giggled about it later, if they only knew!
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie cd View Post

At any rate, I couldn't care less about what some ignorant lout feels the need to yell from the safety of a moving vehicle, I am still going to be me. I've been called "faggot" before just because of my long hair, I simply gave them a nice one-fingered salute and went on about my business.

Exactly right attitude to have...they are the one with the problem..well done hon
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I've had two car encounters. First one...I happened to be walking past an Indian restaurant and a shout came from a passing car..."Go get me a prawn biryani sweetheart"...flattering, I thought.

The other was much more frightening, I was walking along a narrow lane and a car slowed down to walking speed behind me and began to pass. Before I could react, a hand came out, slapped me across the butt and then the car sped off. What if....
    Last edited by Lilith Moon; 04-22-2007 at 10:05 AM. Reason: punctuation&spiling

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Bobby,

I think you are dead right when you say they perhaps thought you were a butch looking woman. There they were thinking they were insulting you when in fact they were giving you a (backhanded) compliment!

I've had a couple of comments in the past as well. The first time I was wearing my tight fitting low rise boot cut women's jeans, a girl''s white (slightly scooped necked) t-shirt and a pale baby blue and white woman's hoodie with pink and white tennis shoes and a baseball cap. A guy drove by and shouted "faggot" at me loudly. It made me feel scared

The other time was a more pleasant time when I was en femme with my wife in downtown San Fransisco. We were at a cross walk at the corner of several streets and two guys in a big truck wolf whistled and honked their horn at us. I'm fairly sure it was directed at us as it was quite early in the morning and there wasn't many people around and no one in the immediate vicinity other than ourselves. This time it made me feel happy
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 04-22-2007 at 11:12 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Calling from passing car

It happened to me just once when I was out with another CD that didn't pass that well. Just ignored it. I now tend to go out with GG or by myself, less noticable that way.

They chose "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"
    While we choose "FREEDOM TO DRESS"

LOL
    Tamera

I've had a couple of bad incidents since going out to a club once a month in Notting Hill -- not the nice end, either!

The first was kind of what Jenny Beth described. We were walking back from the club, and this 4x4 with a group of lads rolls past, and they give us a "WAAAAY!" as they do... being a little drunk we "WAY"ed back. Well, next thing we know, they're on our side of the road, riding next to us chatting us up. Thankfully, I just walked and ignored them, as did all the other girls I was out with... they left. Thankfully.

The second I'm not so happy about! It was on a bus to the club, when a stupid delinquant chav says "tranny" from some way behind me. On leaving the bus, they look round to check me out and do read me. "My god, it is!" And as they leave the bus, with my deathstares after them, they hit the side of the bus - aiming at my face.

Good to know views are changing, isn't it...?

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

knock 'em dead, sista!

Content and Happy
    I was at a red light in town on business and decided to change shirts. I had not noticed a truck full of construction workers had just pulled up in the middle of my change. My truck was smaller than theirs so they only got a glimpse of my girls and legs and all of sudden there was a honk followed by, hey baby show us more. Being a little startled and a bit flurty, I just cupped both breasts and gave a little jiggle to which I made a left turn. Oh well, life does have it's fun times.

Lanore

Maybe, by the standards of some of the people on this group, you were doing better than me. What I get is "faggot".

People are all kinds of brave when they are shouting thru the window of a car they can press on the gas pedal of and leave fast if they have to. Those same people would not saying the same things if you were both standing on the same sidewalk.

Yeah, it is too bad that people aren't more courageous and real when they don't have the safety of an easy escape. I like the feedback. In our PC world, people have been trained to say what's right to say and not what they feel. At least you know where they stand. I had a wanna-be thug call me out on the street Sat. night. As I was walking past with a GG friend I had just made aquaintance, he shouted, "That's a man." I just looked at him, smiled and said, "Dude, you're a genius. How did you figure that out?"

I went to an Ingersol meeting recently and I noticed that, in boy mode, I don't look any more masculine than the MTFs at the meeting aside from the height. I wouldn't be surprised if I was mistaken for "butch" or MTF in boy mode.

you he was Ignorant t bad people can't mind there business
    Angie

Bobbie, you have a great attitude! Ignoring them was the best response. They were looking for a reaction from you, and they didn't get one. Keep your head high girl!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Aspiring Member
    The second I'm not so happy about! It was on a bus to the club, when a stupid delinquant chav says "tranny" from some way behind me. On leaving the bus, they look round to check me out and do read me. "My god, it is!" And as they leave the bus, with my deathstares after them, they hit the side of the bus - aiming at my face.

Good to know views are changing, isn't it...?
    Whew, that's pretty rough.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.