Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crossdressers - disingenuous terminology?

Banned Read only

Smile crossdressers - disingenuous terminology?

Being new to the forum,but having viewed it fo a few months, I find myself thinking if some of the people calling themselves are crossdressers are disingenuous. For instance we have people who "bodybuild" as men expessing that they also crossdress. How can this be? it would seem to me a conflict of interests as bodybuilding is building the body as big as possible and most of the ladies I know would hate this. What do other ladies think?

Not everyone "dresses" for the same reason Steph..or for the same "result"..I understand what you mean...and it wouldn't do for me... but it takes all sorts.!!
    Nikki. x

Banned Read only

Smile crossdressing

Excuse me for getting paranoid, but it is hard to believe that though we are a group of diverse people with a similar interest who are often marginalised and ostricised because of who we are that you seem to be struggling accepting that femininity comes in all different shapes and sizes. I have struggled throughout the years with being a top competitor in amateur bodybuilding and balancing this with my desire and feeling to dress as a women. You may be right that there are some people who are here for there own objectives, but some of us who appear different are here because its a place we can show our other sides. Jim

OK Sensitivity Warning

Hmm, with over 60% of the population of England and the USA being overweight, I guess you're right, most ladies aren't working to improve their bodies, giggle.

Sarcasm off.

Since many TG people are trying to express inner "feelings", i.e., "feel like a woman", I don't see having a healthy, well formed body, as a problem.

If I've learned anything, it's that TG people come from every walk of life, in every size, shape and sex.

We are unique, in that we place our feeling of who we are, ahead of our outward appearance. But this does not limit our desire to express our feelings, through our appearance.

There are many GGs who spend their life working on their bodies, but I doubt that you'll find them hanging out at the local pub.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Just because one is a body builder, does that mean he can't have a feminine side? Come on, dear. We struggle to get across the concept that being different from the rest of the world is A OK. We shouldn't have to struggle for acceptance within our own community. What other interests and/or ocupations we have shouldn't govern whether or not we can CD.

JMHO

Stephenie (with an e)

Odd at first

Seems odd at first, but the longer you're here the more discontinuities you see. I'm amused by the occaisional bursts of male one-upmanship that happen here, and the muscle car enthusiasts. Takes all kinds. Our similarities outweigh our differences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If some people wish to do that thats fine I don't I have a unisex body Good for boy or girl and I do love my girl body
    angie

I lift weights and play rugby!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I'm also a current weight lifter, my body is naturally muscular, I have no problems with it, and I don't think it takes away from my feminine side. In fact I think it makes me more unique when en-femme. There are also several beautiful and muscular GG's Chyna of WWE, Venus and Serena Williams, Olympic Star Jackie Joyner-Kersey, and don't forget there is such a thing as female body builders. Jocelyn

Quote Originally Posted by stephani oneil View Post
    Being new to the forum,but having viewed it fo a few months, I find myself thinking if some of the people calling themselves are crossdressers are disingenuous. For instance we have people who "bodybuild" as men expessing that they also crossdress. How can this be? it would seem to me a conflict of interests as bodybuilding is building the body as big as possible and most of the ladies I know would hate this. What do other ladies think?

Hi Stephani,

Are you maybe not confusing CDing with those that may fall more into the category of TG, TS? Many of those that I've encountered that were CD's had little interest in taking on the full persona of being female in their entire life hood physicality or personality, it was only one facet of a very full, diverse, personality which for many included being a full bodied male; and all that encompassed in their mind set, when not dressing up. It seems, to me, for some, incorporating the female part of themselves is all encompassing, but for many others, its just a limited part of who they are. Nothing wrong in either case. Of course I'm not an expert and this is just an opinion from a GG that could be somewhat wrong, but I'm stating from my experiences with CD friends and relationships of past.

Rosa (GG)

I think Rosa is right on with this one. People CD for various reasons, some have nothing to do with having a "femme" side. Some do it strictly for sexual pleasure, a fetish, if you will. Some do it for stress relief. Some do it to express their "femme" side. Some do it because that's who they are inside, but then that's not really cross-dressing, is it?
    To have a well built male body and be a cross dresser is just another form of expression in this CD community.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Variety ...that's the spice

I have been around here for only a few months, hence my posts are much less than a 1000 (much much less... hee hee) However what I have noticed is how each of us comes to the forum with such different backgrounds and expectations. Me i like to garden, ski(go fast), dance, wood work and ... best of all shop for clothes... it's more fun shopping for feminine clothes than masculine. The reconciliation part is when do I have time to do it all...
    It is nice to see how people contribute on this site.

"Different strokes for different folks." You will find that we are very, very, diverse and yet share a common bond.

We often have our little differences of opinions, but I think the time has come for all of us to start pulling together and making common cause. If we want to gain respect and garner some gender discrimination laws, then we need to forget about differences and work together. I think that's true in, and outside The LGBT community.

Oh by the way, next time you go out with your Sista's and you are on the street. If somebody comes up and makes trouble, it's then that you appreciate a Sista whose been working out and looks like a bodybuilder, tends to "dampen" harsh sentiments. It happened to me and some of my friends. Thank you Peaches!

Peace and Love, Joanie

The only thing that I have been able to build so far is a very large mid- section. I think that I need to concentrate more on body unbuilding!
    Davida

I need exercise and bodybuilding to slim down. I bought a great dress I can't wait to slip into!
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    I think it is different strokes for different folks. As some one said we are a diverse group that cannot be categorized or pigeon holed. Society makes all kinds of demands and says that we as crossdressers are deviants and we should stay away from imposing our views on others.

More woman today are bodybuilding and some look very beautiful.

Sorry for chimming in with my two cents.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

I agree with Rita. Just because we are "buff" , it doesn't mean we can't wear what makes us happy.

Quote Originally Posted by stephani oneil View Post
    I think you are confussing crossdressing with trying to pass as a woman, they are not the same, and not all are trying to pass. and even so, women come in all shapes and sizes, so there is no one body type to de desired, thats why clothes come in so many different sizes!
    Tina B.

I think we forget what a crossdresser is (a person who wear's the clothing of the other sex) Every-one on here has that in common.Why we crossdress is where we all differ and if anybody can get a firn handle on that let the rest of us know Justabit

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    ... Our similarities outweigh our differences.
    Let me think - do I agree with that? .... Nah.

Like every group, we come together over something shared. The rest is up for grabs. Time for an admission - I don't "get" what most of the girls here are into. I personally have no interest in passing - well I can see it would be fun, but it is not important to me. Am I a CDer? Some would say yes, and some would say no. Big deal. However, I share the interest in pretty clothes, and I love the supportive and thoughtful posts.

BTW, thanks for your post. It brings up a good issue.

FYI sweety, bodybiulders come in male AND female. so what's your point.
    We all CD for our own reasons, and not all of us are a size 2. Thats OK though.

Them's sure big words for a girl!! Hehehe. And answer this...... What does doing anything in male mode have to do with someone liking to dress like a woman?? If you wear clothes of the opposite sex then you crossdress.. Plain and simple..

Its what binds us all together in this wackey Sport.... Hobby...... Life style choice..........

Now if you like to bodybuild enfemme, changed your name to Helga and adopt an eastern German accent..... Then all bets are off......

Love. Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I never cross dress because the skirts and dress`s are mine
    joanne

Sorry to chime in just to agree with everyone else, but we are all going to have interests other than CD. If it's something that doesn't float your boat, like bodybuilding, well, there, that's something new you've learned. Calling it disingenuous is kind of odd (plus being polysyllabic).
    We've all got something in common, and we're all different.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Now if you like to bodybuild enfemme, changed your name to Helga and adopt an eastern German accent..... Then all bets are off......
    Or maybe a Russki accent as in this 1976 National Lampoon cover
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]