Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GG's Bath Room

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Country Gal, You can be sure If we run into each other in a restroom. I'm giving you a wide path. Cus I know you'll be a packin.

you can count on it!!
    But I'm still friendly!!

Nic

I use the ladies room the stalls have doors and if there are children in there I'll wait till they leave. I sure not looking for anything but relief it takes away time from being out.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I have gone into the men's room in a dress more times than I can count and I have never been beat up or raped. I walk in and head for a stall, then do whatever number I have to do in there. I will not stand at a urinal with hiked up skirt. If I have to use the sink I do it rapidly and then get out of there without hanging around.

I am told that women are sometimes friendly and willing to chat in a ladies' room. I know it is certainly not that way in the men's. Most all of the dudes are paranoid about being approached by a gay man, or being perceived as a gay man hitting on someone. Everybody in the men's room treats each other as strangers (unless someone came in together with a friend or two). It's do your business and leave.

I remember at the Grateful Dead concerts there would be the usual humongous line in front of the women's and they would just come into the men's and go in the stalls, and all the brothers would understand this and accept it and not make any kinds of protest.

Same thing happens at a Stevie Nicks concert 4 to 1 female to male ratio means a lot of women in the men's room.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Smitten with my ClaireJ claireswife-gg's Avatar
    GG--married to a TS--checking in here.

First, I have no problems sharing a bathroom with lesbians, and being bi myself, I wonder what most straight women would think if they stopped to ponder that issue. It's the same thing really -- gender <> sexual orientation.

If you are dressed seriously like a woman, attempting to pass, then come on in. I'll respect you 100%.

If you are obviously out as "a guy in a dress" as a joke or as a halloween costume, then no. Stay out, find a unisex bathroom, or cooperate with someone to clear the room before you use it. Sorry, but you know what I mean.

I wouldn't tolerate a perv in the bathroom no matter what gender they present as - if you're in my bathroom to cop a look I'll call the police - no matter if you're male or female.
    http://annierushden.blogspot.com/
    Gardens in Bloom - An untraditional love story

Quote Originally Posted by GACountrygal GG View Post
    I'd be shocked, sorta would feel violated..not sure why, thats just the thought that popped into my head. But then again, if the CD went into the mens room dressed like that, in a place other then a LGBT friendly bar or such, there could be problems there as well. So, I'd rather see em in the womens restroom, then possibly get harrassed/assaulted in the mens room.
    Strange answer I know, but oh well, at 3am my brain just doesnt function like it does during the day.
    Nic
    Ah, but I'd have to guess your response and your feelings are of course affected by the fact that you are married to one of us and so have a better understanding of all of it to include the down side to us using the mens room. I'd take a WAG (That's Wild A$$ed Guess) that your typical woman doesn't care in the least how we would be treated using the mens room, she doesn't want us in HER bathroom! lol By the way, the womens bathroom is something I haven't done - too worried about how ugly that could get.
    Kim

thank you for caring

Quote Originally Posted by jess(SO) View Post
    I wopuld probabley feel the same as men would if a GG came in to use their male restroom, a bit shocked, and wonder what the heck if they were not presenting as fully fem, and to be honest would probably challenge them as to why they were there,............ however if they were dressed fully fem (and spotted them)I would more than probably hang around to make sure that they were not clocked and challenged by other GG's ...... in otherwords do me mother hen bit
    Jess,

Thank you thank you thank you for caring!

((( Jess )))

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Meredith View Post
    That's true. Like I said it's not the benign TGs I worry about.
    non-benign TG's? If such a thing exists, they are the closeted ones who never dress up fully & wouldn't ever go out in public in femme mode, much less use a public ladies room.

Also the idea that a pervert could easily "get a peep show" isn't the reality- i.e. even if a lesbian tried to look at other women in some state of undress, they'd be attempting to look inside the stall & and other women would be saying "what the hell are you doing?"

As has been said, we go in to pee &/or touch up make-up, that's it.

There is no question that I will need to use the rest room when out dating, either for lunch or an evening, since I date a lot. I enjoy wine with meals, and coffee after, and at 70 I am on water pills! I only date enfemme, and always use restaurant, theater and club ladies rest rooms. Those water pills are a tremendous motivation for using the facilities. I have chatted with many gg's in various restrooms while repairing makeup with no problems. Several times a year I find myself in one of our city's finest hotel restaurants, and those rest rooms are always filled with gg's when I go in. In deference to those that have yet to clear this hurdle, I did feel the expected butterflies the first few times, but sucked it up and now don't give it a second thought. Just do what you are there for in a business like way, and behave in a ladylike manner, and there shouldn't be any problems. In a semi-reverse situation, gg's presenting as women mix in and use the mens restrooms at some sporting events, and the guys respect their presence and don't even bat an eye. If you gotta go, you gotta go!

Doesn't bother me, besides, it's probably safer for a T-Girl to use our rest rooms As long as they put the seat back down
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Banned Read only
    I read an article several years ago - God knows where - that described women who won't use the bathroom in their own apartment when they have a date over for the night. Apparently, in a small flat, they don't want the guy to hear them pee. No wonder they're too sensitive to have a guy dressed as a woman in the bathroom with them - makes sense to me.

Women are very strange beings.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    Doesn't bother me, besides, it's probably safer for a T-Girl to use our rest rooms As long as they put the seat back down

I assume they would sit down. If they stood facing in, it might be a bit of a give-away.

Well, in the town I often visit while in femme mode, the establishments I frequent usually have small "one-holer" restrooms. And when I use a women's restroom I always sit down!
    I have a birth defect: a Y chromosome.

Quote Originally Posted by claireswife-gg View Post
    GG--married to a TS--checking in here.

First, I have no problems sharing a bathroom with lesbians, and being bi myself, I wonder what most straight women would think if they stopped to ponder that issue. It's the same thing really -- gender <> sexual orientation.

If you are dressed seriously like a woman, attempting to pass, then come on in. I'll respect you 100%.

If you are obviously out as "a guy in a dress" as a joke or as a halloween costume, then no. Stay out, find a unisex bathroom, or cooperate with someone to clear the room before you use it. Sorry, but you know what I mean.

I wouldn't tolerate a perv in the bathroom no matter what gender they present as - if you're in my bathroom to cop a look I'll call the police - no matter if you're male or female.
    To Claireswife, I agree with you all the way.
    As a pre-op MTF I have always used the Womens Restrooms without a problem.I don't consider that a cool place to hang out, Too much time off the floor, and away from my friends.
    Pervs in the bathroon, No way either, scream!
    [SIZE="3"] Be true to yourself, even if no one else wants you to be!

To live your life in fear, is to live only half a life.
    "Strictly Ballroom"

:GE: Hugs To All!! Shelly
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Diva View Post
    I assume they would sit down. If they stood facing in, it might be a bit of a give-away.
    Yes I know... was a bit of a joke

Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    non-benign TG's?
    See claireswife-gg's post. Maybe I'm just jaded, but it seems absurdly easy for a predator to exploit the policy and get in any facility he pleases. We're all acting like only life-long TGs are the ones wanting to get in. Rosy glasses. I think it's the kind of policy only the GGs are qualified to consent to. They're the one's behind the drawbridge we're trying to lower, not us.

I'm not saying I'm 100&#37; opposed to it. It *could* open the door for even more-meaningful equal treatment milestone. But I seriously have mixed feelings.
    Last edited by Tasha Meredith; 04-23-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Why go alone?

Whenever possible, try to have a GG go with you. Girlfriends will always agree if you're sincere in what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill View Post
    I have gone into the men's room in a dress more times than I can count and I have never been beat up or raped. I walk in and head for a stall, then do whatever number I have to do in there. I will not stand at a urinal with hiked up skirt. If I have to use the sink I do it rapidly and then get out of there without hanging around.

No offense intended Bill, but if you looked like you do in your avatar it's not likely that anyone would tread on you. Having suffered more than one peer beat down as a child for being too girly makes me cautious. There is also the knowledge that I may trigger some repressed homophobia because I may look a little too much like the opposite sex and therefore cause a conflict in someone's self image. It's a bit scary over there.

many cities have laws that state that a person may use the restroom that fits their presentation of gender. Which means if you are presenting yourself as a female, then you have the legal right to use the ladies restroom. Some cities don't. I know Dallas has this law. That does not mean that everyone else around you knows it, so jsut be careful. I have used the ladies restroom while dressed with no problems. As has been said, just go in, do your business, and get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    We have unisex rest rooms at the club. I make it a point to put the seat down even if I go in there as Rich. I get a kick out of the quizical expression when a guy comes back out after he saw I was in there.

it is a no brainer to me...dressed as a ____ use the ____ bathroom. End of story. I don't have a problem or issue or anything. The only people I am cautious of in bathrooms are the ones with camera phones peeking under my stall!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy gg View Post
    it is a no brainer to me...dressed as a ____ use the ____ bathroom. End of story. I don't have a problem or issue or anything. The only people I am cautious of in bathrooms are the ones with camera phones peeking under my stall!
    *makes a note to hide the camera phone when ever meeting Kathy*

This website may be of help:

Safe2pee
    I have a birth defect: a Y chromosome.

A bathroom is a bathroom. If you got to go you got to go. I've been in the gents room more then a few times when girls have walked in. Granted its mostly accidently but my point is if you have to go your going to go. If its me and I am dressed I'll use the girls if not then its the guys for me.
    If something doesn't make you happy Change it

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that one of the big differences between using a "Mens" room and a "Ladies" room are the customs regarding conversations. Guys rarely talk to one another when in the Men's room. Sometimes there might be a greeting if you run into someone you haven't seen in awhile, but rarely a real conversation. In the "Ladies", conversations are not rare at all - even between strangers. I have to say it was a little unnerving when recently the wife of a CD friend engaged me in ordinary conversation in the "Ladies" room as she did her makeup at the mirror and I did my business in a nearby stall (closed and sitting of course).

A GG friend sent my wife the following joke recently which sort of illustrates this:

I was traveling back to my hometown and, responding to Mother Nature, decided to stop at one of those rest areas on the side of the road.
    I went into the washroom. The first stall was taken, so I went into the second stall. I had just sat down when I heard a voice from the other stall.
    "Hi there, how is it going?"

I am not the type to strike up conversations with strangers while sitting on the john in restrooms on the side of the road. I didn't know what to do, but finally I said, "Not bad."
    Then the voice said, "So, what are you doing?"
    At this point, I was starting to find the situation a bit weird, but I said, "Well, I'm headed back east."

Then I heard the person, all flustered, say, "Look, I'll call you back. Every time I ask you a question, the idiot in the next stall keeps answering me!!!"
    Phoebe