Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shaveing and disaproveing SO's

I dont have to worry about summer time I dont wear shorts cant stand them,
    My legs are ugly, I run in to just about any thing you can think of, half the time I dont even know I have bumped something, an have about 50 or more scars on each legs , wife doesnt care for the fact that I shave but I think its growing on her, Im just not allowed to shave the arm pits,

was watching WWW or what ever its called now an notice that not only are they all hairless but they dont even look like they have shadows of hair growing back , would love to know how they do it

Ivey
    AN IT HARM NONE DO WHAT YE WILL
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=124865919
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Negotiation. My seasons are backwards. In the summer I am furry and in the winter, my legs are smooth. If I wanted to shave in the summer, I would have to wear pants, no shorts all summer long. I might also get the EYE from the misses. I personally think no one would care as I see many men, all ages, with smooth legs at the gym.

ive never been hairy from the chest anyways, so shaving it doesnt make a difference to my SO. i use to shave my arms before i even met her because of working out. shave my private areas because its better for sex. Now that i shave my legs, i tell her i only do it because it keeps me cool when i go out running.
    just find reasons to do it, and dont feel weird about it.
    Summer's coming! and this cute, soon to be single CD is going all out!

I recently moved out and initiated divorce proceedings, so I suppose I don't have to worry about what my wife thinks anymore. Still, because of the kids our paths will continue to cross. I'm furry enough that hair shows when my top shirt button is unbuttoned, and I know she'll notice if the hair is gone.

I looked at info on waxing and am going to look into it for at least my chest and back. I have a good excuse for anyone who asks as to why the hair is gone. My new shoulder holster is really comfortable compared to an inside the waistband type, but the holster pulls on my hair. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

From what I read, the hair grows back finer and finer after each waxing, and eventually doesn't grow back at all eventually. I hope that's the case. Can anyone offer some insight on that point?

The next step will be bare legs. I love wearing shorts in the summer. Maybe if I get back into biking seriously enough that can be my excuse.

Jenny

Jenny, I don't wax I use Nair. After several years my hair regrowth IS much less.
    Marie

My girlfriend knew that I shaved my legs and underarms, she isn't a huge fan, but she's fine with it. I don't think I could get away with shaving my chest, but since I'm usually wearing clothes, I don't really care about it. She teases me about my eyebrows, and I've used that as an excuse to get those waxed... =)

Christie

Wasn't real hairy to begin with

Actually, the shaved legs didn't bother me as much as the thought of it did. Not sure what his plan is for the summer.

He didn't have chest hair until +30 so the little that's there and on his tummy I really would miss. Underarm I could care less about.

As a member of the uni-brow club, grooming the eyebrows was probably good in either mode.

I do get cranky though, when he doesn't shave his beard for 3 or 4 days - makes my chin break out & flake from the irritation.

In the end, I can state a preference, but he'll have to make the choice.

Silver Member Iniquity Blonde GG's Avatar
    Well i dont really like hairy hairy men im lucky my SO smooth but if he had have been hairy, and then shaved !! might have been a
    [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angie [/SIZE]

My legs and armpits are kept shaved all year long. going on third summer. My wife does not like it. I think mostly because of (what will people think). I don't care what people think any more. No one has noticed, at least no one has said any thing to us/me. she hates it when I shave my chest. the hair seems to grow around my nipples and in the center I can never get it smooth. so it picks her when we make love. Sooooo I wear a shirt when we do that. That's cus my chest is shaved right now. I had a gno a short wile ago and I am going to have another soon. after that I will let it grow out again. at least for a wile. I think. like someone said it's my body and I have to do this, to some extent and I think she understands that. She does not understand this part of me. But she tolerates it. she is a good woman.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Chest not an issue , don't show her the armpits, legs do in stages.
    But this does work.
    Had some surgery in the fall required shaving of prvate area and she tease
    me that I should keep it that way for a while,well who am I to argue.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Most women that I have known, like my body shaved. As a matter of fact, my SO gets upset when I get nubbley, (Is that a word?), so I shave regularly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nobody in public really notices wheter your legs are shaved or not. I have shaved for three years and never had a look or a comment. If your S.O. doesn't mind, do it. Nobody will care. I have worn camisoles with spagetti straps under dark colored t-shirts where the strap was visible if you where looking up close. Not a word from anyone in public. Heck, I have left lace visible from under a flannel (extra button undone) people have noticed but not said anything. We CD'ers have a tendency to worry too much about the silly little things like hair on our legs. Do what makes you happy and screw everyone else that has a problem with it. More than likely, they do wierder stuff.

Masculine shaving techniques

Unfortunately, due to my work schedule and hecktic family life finding the time to dress completely (as opposed to just wearing a pair of panties to work) is a rare luxury. This works to my advantage though.

I travel some for work and will occasionally be out of town for a week at a time. I shave before I leave and my hair growth is fast enough that by the time I get back I have filled in quite a bit (my wife has apparently never noticed).

Also, there are several sports/hobbies out there that consider shaving to be a benefit. Swimming and cycling are just two examples (people without body hair are supposedly more aerodynamic). Luckily (or is it luck? ), I play a sport that occasionally "requires" me to shave. So just like my work travel, I am able to occasionally shave when there is a big event coming up.

Oh, and I always manage to find the time to dress and go out sometime during any of these shaved periods. What a coincidence!

Shave Parties

Consider me one of the lucky ones with an SO that prefers me smooth year round. If I slack off and let the hair grow too long, she takes the razor and has a Shave Party......

Silly question ....

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Don't let her see you naked!!! A simple yet elagent plan!!! Works for me!!! Except in the summer months when I am required to pass as a male in male shorts... "Fuzzy leg" season (June-Sept)... Then I keep the hair cropped short and bleach it with cheap blonde hair color.. Fuzzy enough to be maleish but almost invisible under hose when out enfemme...

Karren

I presume this whole approach works on arm hair just the same then? If so .... I think ya just solved my problem! Yay

Melissa

I'm part American Indian, so don't have a lot of hair anyway. Last summer I started getting a rash, so the doctor suggested an over the counter lotion that has stopped the rash and ich. It also made what hair I have sticky, so I told my wife I was going to shave off the hair because of it. She is OK with that, so I keep my legs, chest, and arms shaved all the time.
    One thing is it feels so great when I put on my pants and I feel my smooth legs rub against the fabric.

My wife says she likes hair, but I'm not sure she does

I hate most body hair. It's rather unsightly I find. Especially under arms. Ever see a gg with hairy pits. I rest my case. Some hairy legs are pretty offensive as well (male or female).

My wife says she doesn't want me to shave but she does like to feel my smooth legs. I shave legs, chest, under arms. She's never commented on under arms but has said she wishes I didn't shave my chest. Still I think it looks much better shaved. I don't shave my arms. I don't want to try to explain that every time I where a short sleeve shirt. But I do trim that hair very short. Otherwise it's pretty furry (yuk). I may try Karrens hair bleaching suggestion too.

love
    Robin
    Luv
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
    I say do what you want and do what makes you happy. I don't think a person has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own body. It should be a personal decision left up to you, not someone else. Just my opinion.
    True True ..... but then again, an SO has A RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT SHE IS SIGNING ON FOR ... unless of course you are happy to answer the door with body hair shaved and dressed as fem just my though and not meant to offend anybody
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Update!

Last weekend my wife bought me razors....said its ok if I shave my legs so long has I keep taking care of the tings around the house....Guess it was a light at the end of the tunnel (or razor) and the train that i almost always find.

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Following Karren's recommendation from many posts ago in another thread, I bought a cheap hair shaver with multiple attachements for different length short hair. I cut my arm and leg hairs to about 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) and then used a body hair bleach I bought at the pharmacy in the hair removal area. It works great, short hair for those that need to see some, yet, it does not look manly and my leg hair does not show under regular nylons. I just redid it after about 3-4 weeks as the blacker hairs started to grow out. I have not tried very sheer nylons yet. When the body bleach runs out, I will complete Karren's recommendation by buying the inexpensive (not cheap) blonde hair coloring at the dollar store.

Honestly, this is one of the things that's gotten easier for us: REAL MEN DON'T HAVE BODY HAIR, at least the role models we see in the movies, print ads, etc. I used to be terribly self-conscious about it, but not any more...the drugstores are full of "mangroomers" so you know there is a demand for shavers that are designed for a man's body. The women in my life love me this way....

My wife now also prefers my legs shaved. The forest does not feel the same as smooth skin. As for my chest and arms, she is in-different but likes to see some hair there. (Maybe a reassurance thing...Ill ask Freud)

All about compromise. Find out what she likes, and be willing to meet halfway.

Me, I'd like to stay waxed/shaved most of the year (don't mind growing it out on occasion).

My girlfriend doesn't like smooth pits/legs. So, I only do those places a couple times a year. No worries.
    -Sedona

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

Before I (or definately my SO) thought I was a CD..

A couple ofyears ago, we were in a hotel and I was in a luxurious bath (a treat because for all practical purposes we don't have a usable tub- see blog) I was doinga little man-scaping, it got a little out of hand. I left the legs and chest alone, but in between was well very groomed, or smooth.

Dee said it "felt weird" and looked from certain angles well nevermind.

It felt wonderful. She actually seemed to me to be pretty enthusiastic to me (at least in my mind) and I filed that away.

Once I sugar waxed my chest after a queer eye episode. Similar results.

I figured that she needed a little hairy reassurance as to who was the dude,

At one time I thought she was encouraging me to shave my "little breasts" I did leaving a little patch and got enthusiasm, and then ewww the next day in the cold light of day.

We just talked about this question now, and we decided that she kinda knew or suspected CD urges before I really thought about what it meant to me, she was a little hesitant then, because its hard to understand if you cant really envison a straight cd'd where the end of that road is.

Now that it is out in the open and she is used to the feeling, she really likes it.

When I am butching up though which I seem to need to do to re-visit my male base persona, she wouldnt mind instant sprouting man-fur just to complete the look.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I shave legs and butt and private only going to shave it all soon!