Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate having epilepsy!!!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105 View Post
    I'm more than likely going to go ahead with a medical card in the wallet and maybe a bracelet only for the times that I will be outside my home. Thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate you guys!
    like i said if you get problems wearing jewellery or you just dont want to, you can carry a card.....one of the links in my post shows you them

Thanks Kieron. I truly appreciate you. You are always the king of awesome links!!

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    I'm glad you're okay, Taylor. Your comment about the poo made me laugh out loud!

Now, for the tags... How about your legal name, with "Taylor" in quotation marks in the middle-name spot. Then they won't just think you're wearing the tags for fun, but will know what to call you.

And the black tags are coated with something. So you could use a silk or hemp necklace part, and the metal probably won't touch you.

As for waking up in the ER with a packy... well, c'mon! The folks who work in the ER have a tough job. Would you really begrudge them a laugh? (As long as it's at the packy, and not at you, that is!)

Hi Taylor,
    1. Yes! do wear a bracelet telling people of your illness, with possibly a phone number to call.
    2. If you haven't done it yet, the internet is very informative of your illness and questions you may have.
    3. If I saw someone having an attack my 1st reaction would be to call 911 for I would not know what to do either.
    4. I have heard stories that dogs do have that since before one has an attack. Your dog will be your "BESTEST FRIEND".

Good Luck
    LOL
    Tamera

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105 View Post
    I am allergic to any metal that isn't real silver or gold.
    Taylor,

I almost forgot: MedicAlert also has "sports bands" that are cloth with the metal emblem on the top, where it wouldn't touch your wrist. They come in all kinds of funky colors too. Check it out: http://medicalert.org/home/HomeCatal...Catalog=Sports
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Taylor,

ER doctors truly do see it all. I'm sure your packy won't be as big of a deal to them after some of the things they've had to help pple remove from certain body parts. Sides odds are after you get out of the er you will never again see those people and I doubt that putting you were packing is worthy of any mention in their notes on you, but I can understand why you'd be mortified - I honestly probably would be too.

Banned Read only
    Just guessing here, but I would think that under the Americans With Disabilities Act they would have to make reasonable accomodations for your condition - like telling you when the alarm will sound. I would seriously suggest looking into an advocacy group - there are plenty around - that would help you if they try to sandbag you. You're a perfectly healthy person, minding your own business, until they set off their damn alarm, so they are definitely responsible for your problem. All you need is the ability to call them the morning of the test to get the time - seems like a reasonable request to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Diva View Post
    Just guessing here, but I would think that under the Americans With Disabilities Act they would have to make reasonable accomodations for your condition - like telling you when the alarm will sound. I would seriously suggest looking into an advocacy group - there are plenty around - that would help you if they try to sandbag you. You're a perfectly healthy person, minding your own business, until they set off their damn alarm, so they are definitely responsible for your problem. All you need is the ability to call them the morning of the test to get the time - seems like a reasonable request to me.
    I would agree with that- in the Uk organisations have to make 'reasonable adjustments' and usually the US is ahead of us on that. It certainly seems unreasonable that there is no way of warning you when the siren could be putting your life at risk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Not to mention, if you drive it could be a public safety issue.

Platinum Member
    Taylor my son has epilepsy when he was stressed out over it i told him things could be worse he could be termly ill and things would work out for him ... today he is the head chef at a up scale restraint ... hang in there things seam upsetting but have a way of working them selfs out if you give them a chance ... i got a feeling your going to do ok....

Das....I laughed a bit about the dog poop thing too. That is after I got back inside my house. lol I have a pretty wicked sense of humor but I don't know if I could laugh about the E.R docs seeing my packy. I think I would turn red to the very roots of my hair!!

Tamera...thanks for the comment. I have actually been epileptic for a long time and pretty much know as much as I need to know. And yes, my dogs are awesome.

Capt...Thanks so much for that link. There are some awesome bracelets on there. I think I am going to go ahead and order one of those!!

Tristan....I live in a small town and with my luck the next time I got sick (which is pretty often) I would run into the same staff at the hospital. lol

Eva Diva....I am going to give them a call again. I don't think it's fair that there is a day where I am basically trapped in my home with music blaring all day to try to cover up that damned alarm when it goes off. You know what the scary part is? If there ever is any tornados and I am home alone! So much for getting into a safe place. I would do a face plant where I stood. Yikes!!

Wendy....I have been living with this illness for a long time and I do thank God every day that it is something that will not kill me and something I can have controlled with meds. It's a shame that a lot of people, myself included feel a need to hide it like a dirty secret. It's not something that we can help. So I guess all in all I feel good that I told you all. Hugs all around!!

Banned Read only

Maybe no "cure"

But it can help http://vrp.com/art/1066.asp?c=117795...p.css&p=no&s=0

look on the web for research on natural treatments, supplements, herbal for epilepsy. It is a brain chemical imbalance, as is ADD, autism and many other conditions.

Banned Read only
    Taylor

If you don't get satisfaction when you call them, start calling any epilepsy association or advocacy group you can find - I'm sure you know more than me. Someone will have a legal department that can advocate for you.

Yeah thanks y'all. I am actually going to head down to city hall and see if I can find someone who can give me a more definitive time. I mean I can't be the only epileptic in this town who has sirens as a trigger!!