Thread: The Journey we have all taken...what's your story?

The Journey we have all taken...what's your story?

Hello girls and guys,

I was reminded recently of the journey I have taken to get to where I am now. Some of you may remember the first pictures I posted with the red wig and i had some nice comments from people despite the fact it looked bad! A lot of the journey has been these last couple of months since finding everyone here. You have all been so supportive and have offered great advice. I hope I have also been able to add to that!

I started dressing as a small child, playing dressing up with my sisters and so on. Then when we moved house the old clothes were stored in my room Not something you should leave with a 13 year old cder! Gradually I got further on and then went to a party en femme. I then performed on stage as a female singer and had a fantastic time. I have always known I was happier doing more feminine things and that all brought it together nicely. I then found this site and everyones' encouragement has brought me on in leaps and bounds. I have come out to my Mum and one of my sisters, my Mum got me a new wig even! I have also been out in public and had great fun. My look has evolved exponentially.

So to everyone here, what has been your journey so far in the world of crossdressing?

Gina xx

Gina - Wow! We should all be so lucky to have a supportive Mom! Thanks for sharing your story with us all.
    Talon

Well as for my crossdressing it started when I was about 9 or 10 and I remember trying on my moms pantyhose and slips. That changed me forever. I slowly progressed with my dresing collecting things here and there. I also remember going to the mall a lot with my mom and going to all the pretty clothes stores. I also remember having to go into the dressing rooms to help my mom out with zipping up dresses and skirts I was so happy. Then we moved out of my house and I had to purge all my stuff for fear of getting caught. But now for the past two years I have been taking it very seriously with buying all my own clothes painting my toes wigs makeup everything. I have come a long way from a guy in a dress with facial hair to what you see in my avatar I think its a huge difference. A really really long way for this girlie

Much love
    Vero
    [SIZE="2"]VERONICA[/SIZE]

Supportive Mum....

So good to hear that Gina....I could never have "come-out" to my parents....they still don't know. My wife does, however, which is a saving grace.

Posted this forever ago (seems like) somewhere in/on here dont remember. Got started at the ripe old age of 10 by spending 3 weeks at my Aunts wearing my cousins clothes (she was the same age)...long story. Spent the summer I turned 15 with the same Aunt and Grandparents...the entire time (almost) as a girl.
    Summer I turned 18 (and got married that year) I spent most of it cross-dressed (even at work - jeans and t-shirts mostly and almost always a bra of some kind - like I could hide a bra under a t-shirt!!). I had moved to "the big city" and got an apt that was next to the complex's pool. "Adult" complex which ment that dang near no one was around during the day plus I worked nights so I got in a lot of pool time in bikini's, etc (had nice tan lines under my tux at our wedding). Three months after turning 21 I started hormones for almost 2 years. I didn't know the kidney med I was taking was also a T-blocker so the 'mones had full effect. So..starting Spring of 1979 till Summer of 84 I lived full time as a girl. Wife then wanted a "man" back in her life and really wanted it to be me but would understand if I couldn't. I transistioned back during the winter of 85.
    Pretty weird really. A guy, dressing as a girl to go to work, then dressing as a guy again when he got home. Did that for almost a year when the oppertunity to return to Colorado surfaced..and the chance to return to full-time male...a pretty feminine male but still male ( I looked more Butch than guy). IN 1988 I went to National Jewish for my asthma and did a 2nd research/study program on a new steroid. Took my lil 6'1" 32" frame at 135 lbs (with B+ breasts) 5 years later out to 40" and 190 lbs with the breasts disappearing into "well developed pectoral muscles" as the Dr now called them and my ability to "pass at will" over. That lasted a total of 5 years but the "lady" in me was crying. Urinary tract surgery for a blockage in late 91 brought her back out.
    Due to complications from the surgery, I had a cathiter and an additional tube about 2 inches higher. No pants the Dr said. For almost 3 months I wore skirts...for the 1st 2 months just around the house but by the 3rd my sick leave ran out and I had to go back to work. Since I was the only male in an office of 3 very liberal GG's and my manager who just happend to be a M2F TS, wearing skirts was no problem. After about a week the "drab" skirts were gone and I was wearing anything that was long (or short) enough to cover the bags. By the time the 3rd week rolled by, gone were male shirts and replaced with pretty tops/blouses. They even convinced me (with very little arm twisting) to wear a dress on one of the "Girls out Friday" lunches. I continued to wear skirts mixed occasionally with fem jeans/slacks after the tubes came out for the next year but by 1995 was pretty much wearing just fem slacks/jeans and nice tops as I was now doing field work and because of my build, was easier to present a male image as opposed to female.
    I went totally back to drab when, one day when I got home, our then 13 year old daughter asked quite loudly "why was daddy wearing mommies pants". No she never said a word about me in skirts (or more) the 3 years earlier. But, my wife and I agreed and it took me back to total drab until 2 years ago. Now with the youngest graduated and off to college, Im back in fem jeans/slacks and the occasional fem blouse (fem meaning pretty obvious fem looking) full time.
    I have 3 swim suits... 2 tank-ini's and a one piece. One of the tanks is pretty masculine cut in silver and black, the 2nd no where near masculine but in kaki tan and green (camoflage-type earth colors) which helps it to not be so noticeable, and the one piece...is just that..a very feminine suit for the private times in the hot tub. The tanks I have worn in public, the black/silver worn most of the time (for obvious reasons).

We havent shown the girls photos from our early days of marriage. We do have them and when they do see them we will have some explaining to do Im sure as we appear to be a very happy lesbian couple. The box they are in is out in the garage and they know its full of old photos. They "want to see their parents as kids" they say...we're not sure yet how to cross that bridge yet. We know its going to come someday.

That my story...and Im sticking to it!

Jenn

I started at an early age dressing in my mom's panties. When I met my wife on about our fourth or fifth date she dressed me up and we have been doing it off and on ever since.
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

No big story dressing form 11or 12 just out to my wife 2 years so I can dress more now
    Angie

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    I started very early. Mom's nylons and pumps. I guess to make a long story short is has been a journey of peaks and valleys. Was fortunate to cross dress every day for about a year in my teens. Then Wrestled with it for most of my life. Stopped for years then picked it up again. This cycle continued because of feeling conflicted about it.

Today, I have fully embraced and accepted it and hopefully can finally live happily ever after, with regard to my crossdressing, other challenges will always pop up.

thanks
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

i started out early as well. maybe about 10 years old when i started trying on moms panties, nylons and heels. but honestly, i didnt get much satisfaction from it because they werent exactly "victoria secret" type of clothes.
    so i pretty much stopped for a long time. i guess i didnt think about it much, although sometimes i would dream about the day when id get to go full out. i never had any privacy through highschool and college. through highschool i shared my bedroom with my brother. through college i lived with about 5 other guys and i was too much into partying and getting it on, or trying, with girls.
    Recently i just moved out here to San Diego with my SO for grad school and shes at work alot, especially during the mornings so i have so much free time for myself to get fully dressed, make up and everything.
    now that we are splitting apart ill hopefully be able to find a gay/bi roomate so i can be free to do whatever i want at home. if not, then its ok cuz i know a couple of T's that would be happy to have me come over and hang out as long as i want and have fashion shows.
    i cant wait for the summer!
    Summer's coming! and this cute, soon to be single CD is going all out!

This may be a little long so please forgive me.

I had been wearing pantyhose, on occasion, through most of my single life (37 ½ yrs) to satisfy my feet and hosiery fetish.
    When I was about 3 or 4 years old, I was first exposed to pantyhose because my mom wore them all the time and she would sit me on her lap. Then when I was about 6 years, old I remember my sister, my brother, and I playing with one of her discarded pantyhose. We were slipping our hands and our legs in it and it felt really nice.

As I grew older I noticed that girls were wearing them and it captivated me whenever I saw their legs and nylon cover feet.
    I was intrugued by pantyhose and so I would sneak into my sister's bedroom and try on a pair of hers. And then when I noticed that my mom would leave hers in the laundry room, I would take a pair, and put them on.

Throughout college I had worn them sparingly because I always had a roomate so there was rarely a time to myself. But, a few years ago, I got my own place and came to the realization that I had the privacy to explore new things other than just wearing pantyhose for personal pleasure. Now, it has quickly transformed into fully dressing up (makeup, wig, earrings, etc.) as a female.

My crossdressing journey started at an accelerated rate in which I had started dressing in female undergarments, such as panties and bras, in late 2004 or early 2005. Later, in 2005, I bought my first Victoria's Secret chemise, a few pairs of women’s shoes, and various skirts. Beginning in 2006, I started buying various dresses and tops and then, with encouragement from another crossdresser, contacted my local Tri-Ess. It was big step that I had thought about for a few months until I finally got the courage to do it. So, in October 2006, I went to my first official meeting and, since then, I have been going every month. I have met some of the most wonderful people who are accepting and supportive of who I am. They have made me feel good about myself and, with their guidance, helped me to become the crossdresser I am today.

I have been out in my local area a few times before, but under the cover of night. However, I have officially gone out dressed twice during the day now and I gotta say its a wonderful experience being out and interacting with ordinary people. Both times I was with the company of an experienced crossdresser and through her encouragement and support, allowed me to relax and be comfortable with myself. During my second official day out, I wasn't as nervous as the first time.
    I'm looking forward to my next outing.
    Last edited by joann07; 05-01-2007 at 10:25 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Thanks all so far for your stories! It is interesting to see how everyone has similarities and differences.

Fun to see that we all started very young. I am 34 now and started also at the age ... as far as I can remember. The first time my sisters put me in an old dress and let me ring the doorbell at the neighbours. Don´t know if this started it off, or that is is because my parents devorced when I was 5. In combination with the fact that I was the youngest at home, cherished by sisters and mom.

For me it was also some clothing of my mother, bathing suit of my sister. I love the feeling of tight clothing and the softness of lingerie.
    Being the youngest at home, when the other left the house I was able to dress up a bit more. Later on when I went to live on my own, I never thought of buying stuff.... should have done it .

Only since the beginning of this year I started to buy stuff and dress up as Jo.

Banned Read only

history

my sisters started by dressing me up in the clothes that they had outgrown, that combined with the fact that at 40+ i still have a 28 waist (natural, no excersise) has always made people tell me that i look like a girl.after therapy for ptsd(military service) i was told that maybe i should try to explore my femme side . my SO agreed and has helped me and supported me even though she is jealous of my size 8 figure ( she is a size 18) she even buys myclothes for me and does my makeup( a little on the light side) she is even triing to find me the perfect hairstyle.

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    my story??? just getting started, i am afraid! nothing special up to about a month ago,standard issue CD, started early with encouragement from girls in family, progressed to a state where i could rationalize it as a sexual thing, and was happy with my nasty little secret for years. sneaking around on the computer,looking for a cheap thrill, stumbled upon this site,not at all what i had in mind, was just on my way out when something inside said"hang on a minute, lets look around." so i started reading the old posts, learning that i was not alone,sick,strange,weird,twisted gay or even that unusual.im just me. so... now that you good,loving,kindhearted souls have pushed(unknowingly)me into this undesired period of personal growth and exploration, i just wish to say THANK YOU!!! I have no clue as to where this will all lead or end but it seems it is going to be fun. i never had any idea how deep this thing actually went into who i really am. i never had any notion that she really IS part of me, every day,every moment,always there,guiding,molding,shaping,me into a better person. I also never had any idea how girlie i already was. We can take these things for granted if we are not careful and grateful. I never realized how much fun it vcould be just to do my wifes hair, or nails, or go shopping with her and daughter! seems that as things progress, dressing takes a much less signifigant role,and just being able to express myself, when and where i can, without risk, is exciting enough for now! little bits of acceptance and understanding have flowed forth from my wonderful wife, and i shall not push, for this must come fromher heart, and at her own pace,but i am glad for it!the littlest thing mean so much now.please understand my perspective as this change is not something i asked,or was ready for. at times i almost feel sad for the loss of my dirty little secret, it was kind of fun, almost like a game. can i get away with it again? but this is necessary, i believe. i feel i am growing. caterpillar, butterfly, somewhere in between? only time will tell, but above all else, thank youall for just being here and being you! you have made a better me!
    love,
    Christina
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    No big story dressing form 11or 12 just out to my wife 2 years so I can dress more now
    Angie

That's my story too.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

The Tale of JJ

I have a sister who is nearly four years older than I am, although it seems like much more sometimes. When we were young, our parents moved around quite a bit; hardly ever far, but different schools and neighborhoods. Looking back, I realize that I was her only constant playmate/plaything throughout most of her gradeschool years.

I can't remember not playing with her and her things - we would spend hours with her dollhouse and Ginny dolls and she constantly told me that I was supposed to have been her younger sistester Sally. Hmmmm.

I also can't remember not wearing her clothes. The first chubby I can recall was at age 4 or 5, peeing (standing up), with her holding my white lace crinoline (pink ribbon trim) up so that I wouldn't get it wet. I assume that she started me off, although no first episode jumps out at me.

Our parents encouraged me to be manly, and I pretty much was. I played sports, rode my bike, camped in the backyard, got into fights - the whole nine yards. But I also dressed up every chance I got, and loved to rub my face on the soft fur of one of the few cats, and always absentmindedly rubbed my upper lip with the satin binding of the blanket when I was reading (which was a lot).

I do remember one specific time when I was about 6, I was playing alone in the cellar safe from my Mom's interference ( just before she had my little sister), when I found a box of her old clothes - real 1940s-50s sophisticated stuff. Of course I had to try everything on, but I still recall that I pretended that I was a man who had the job of testing women's clothing. (Dr. Freud?)

I discovered adult undergarments and the curves they could provide in jr. high school - about the same time I discovered girls. I played a lot with what I could find in the dirty clothes hamper in the bathroom, and was sometimes largebreasted (Mom) or smallbreasted (Sis) depending on what I could scrounge. On the very few occasions when I was left alone for more than 10 minutes, I would make a beeline to Sis's room to try on the several outfits that I had been coordinating in my mind for weeks. I never had the privacy to stash my own girl things - so it was always "thief in the night", sometimes truely while people were sleeping around me.

When Sis went off to college and then later moved out for good ( I was in high school), the pickings got pretty slim. She didn't leave much behind, and what was there got pretty dirty since there was no way to launder it without raising suspicion. Opportunities became more remote, and I was always afraid that one of my girlfriends (there were a few) would smell something girly, or see a strap or garter mark (how long before they fade??) or somehow otherwise guess.

Off to college, in a dorm for a year until some money from my grandmother ran out. No activity, no opportunities, played football - clearly I was "cured". Just something I grew out of. Except that I still thought of it. A lot.

Worked for a couple of years (along with the wonderful girl who became my first (and only, and current) wife). Saved a little money while living with my parents and jr. high younger sister - no real opportunities there; her clothes were way too juvenile and my Mom's were way too frumpy. Besides, I was cured.

I was all set up to go back to school, when Woofer and I realized our problem; I didn't want to go without her. So we got married quickly (most folks assumed she was in the family way - which she wasn't - but could have been) and drove cross couuntry to school. And I was cured. I knew it. But I did notice a few more details about her dainties than most guys would.

Living completely isolated from family, in an off campus cottage provided me lots of solitude while she worked and I was supposed to be studying. And she had some nice things. Much nicer than older Sis's. And it began almost immediately. Since I had the open schedule during the day, I took to doing the laundry while studying. It made it easy to make sure that nothing was ever soiled when it shouldn't be. It also made it easy to cover for the occassional split seam or broken zipper. "Damn Laundramat machines - snagging your stuff". When I finally succombed to the guilt a year later and came out to her, she was totally surprised. She really had no idea.

She was hurt by the duplicity, but curious, and reasonably tolerant. The usual questions. A few thrift store shopping trips (we really didn't have much money, and I made a point of making sure her stuff was always nicer than mine). Promises made to not hide anything else. Promises made to never go out dressed and to keep this secret from everyone else. She actually gave me the name "Jennifer".

And for several decades with a couple of kids, we have kept this the status quo. As our incomes have risen and expenses declined, I have found the funds to dress myself rather well - much girlier and more flirtatious than she chooses for herself. We seldom swap things, because our tastes are different. I pretend to be the lovely, charming Vanna White and "shop" at Newport News; she identifies more with the Martha Stewart look and shops at Land's End. I buy her undies at Vickies, and dumpster-dive and repair her castoffs as they wear out. I generally wear one of her perfumes; both because I like them (we chose them for her together) and also so as not to leave reminders of my antics when "guy time" is happening.

By The Way, did I mention that my Father was (he passed on 25 years ago) also a crossdresser? I didn't really know until I was about 20, when all of the pieces suddenly fit together. We never discussed it. He kindof knew about me, and I kindof knew about him. We left it that way....