Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing normal

Dressing normal

I was just wondering how many of us dress like the women we see on the street or in the mall or stores. Now that I live alone and I can dress anytime I want I seem to dress more like the women we see in slacks or shorts without nylons or sun dresses with bare legs and flats. Don't get worry I still like dressing up and going out but on normal days in dress normal for a women.

On Sunday I went to church then came home took off my dress and put on shorts and a tank top and went out and weeded my flower beds. Just like some of my neighbors.

I know some of you can't dress all the time so when you have time you want to put on your best and finest. I did when I could only dress once in awhile.

Just wondering if any of you gurls dress normal?

Yes Karren I know you don't.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I have definitely started dressing more main stream. Although for a long time it had to be dresses or skirts and blouses. I don't normally put on full makeup around the house or running to the corner market or post office. However, it I'm going somewhere nice I have to do full makeup.

Have to when going out but prefer something more sexy!
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Normal for me is a short skirt and heel hun
    Angie

For now I am also into the short skirts, nylons, heals and full makeup. I am experiementing though how to get that improved great look in a toned down style. I guess I may be preparing for a less dressy more alomost everyday look. Time will tell.

Getting there

As time progresses I think I am dressing more normal and I'm looking to buy outfits rather than maybe buying a short skirt that I think looks sexy and then just throwing on some random top.

I'm also more inclined to wear trousers rather than skirts/dresses as I actually think these do look more normal but are still very sexy.

For example with the fantastic weather we're having I really want to buy some white linen trousers I've seen with a tunic top (in green) which should all go nicely with a pair of green heeled sandals I have.

As for wearing flat shoes ... not a chance ... normal yes, but normal to me MUST have heels included
    Fiona

---
    Does my bum look big in this?

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/fionasboots

Dressing Normal

Whats Normal Hun?I mean i mix and match and mix again.i love the eighties look espically ,i guess some things are hard to change eh.

I see this as a trend with crossdressers and you keep saying dress normal but real girls wear anything from dresses to skirts or even jeans. Me i just wear what i can't wear as a guy i see no point in dressing in pants as a girl b/c i wear pants all the time as a guy. I do like the sexy look only b/c i'm still young but i won't be doing this forever. Now i still go out wearing short skirts but that all depends on the place i'm going really. I'm not going to dress up as an old lady that would be crazy. One thing i do keep hearing is girls don't wear skirts are dress anymore, one point to make they don't normally do it when going to a supermarkets like winn dixie or publix but you go to the mall over here and they wear skirts and dresses. So i can fit in.
    Sorry for the long post.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Yeah, I don't know what's normal either. But I try to buy clothes I can wear out in the real world. The drag queen look is not for me. You need only so many party dresses. And you can save the 5 inch heels for Halloween. Skirts are nice and business suits with skirts are appropriate in certain areas of town (like where there are a lot of banks, let's say). Jeans and shorts (and I like my shorts rather short.....I HATE those baggy shorts) can be good too.

So like I say, REAL WORLD (women's) clothes are wear it's at for me!

I think that I dress like the average woman in my area, with a few exceptions.
    Since I wear fem clothes every day, for me it's about comfort and function. Generaly I wear shorts, capris, denim skirts and light tops. I do have some dress slacks and some skin-tight pants, but I keep them for the cool weather.

I used to think that if I put on a wig and my forms, I had to wear a skirt, but now, who knows.

So, do I dress like the average woman, hmm maybe, but I refuse to dress like a slob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I dunno Glenda. I don't necessarily blend in but I don't dress outlandish either. I have my own unique look and make my own fashion statement.

On a gender safari
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    I dunno Glenda. I don't necessarily blend in but I don't dress outlandish either. I have my own unique look and make my own fashion statement.
    And you have more wigs than anyone I know!
    "If we hide who we are for the convenience of others, we 'pass' ourselves up in the process."

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Meadows View Post
    And you have more wigs than anyone I know!
    I even have a guy wig, believe it or not.:shocked:

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    That's the way for me too. i love dresses and skirts too but i prefer a more casual look. i've dressed before but i need some more pointers/advice i think.

Tammy

Well, since I dress only when time allows, I usually do the dressier look. But I have started dabbling in the 'girl next door' look. It is more practical when runnin' around the house doing chores.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

I dress very much like an every day woman.

What is "normal" ?

For me, I do skirts, nice tops, heels no higher than 4 1/2" (including wedges)and have no problem fitting in mainstream with other 40-something GG's in my area. Don't get me wrong, I like the sexy "****ty" look, but I do that when I won't be out. I like to present a good image of us CDers.

Definately..... but not the women wearing jeans.... the other ones.... or twos.... or threes....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    If you want to stand out, wear something sexy.

But if you want to "blend in" and not be noticed, you HAVE to wear "normal" clothes. GGs wear sexy clothes when they want to be "noticed". But then they are "noticed" as a sexy GG. When we wear something to be "noticed", odds are that others will "notice" us as a "man in a dress". That's just a fact of life. If you want to fly below the radar, you have to wear normal clothes. If your clothes are appropriate, even when you are "clocked", you will attract FAR less attention than if you are wearing 6" heels and fishnet stockings.

Wear what you want, but understand that outlandish clothing is going to attract attention, no matter who wears it. For those of us who do not want the attention, who just want to go about our lives with a minimum of fuss and aggravation, I'm afraid "normal" clothes are the rule.

Personally, I enjoy being well dressed.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Intolerant of intolerance Blonde's Avatar
    Mostly I wear pants (something tight).
    I have a scar on my left shin (From a bike accedent years ago). I've been told I have nice legs, so that's why the tight pants, but I have to hide the scar.

And for me as well, Dressing MEANS heels.
    I am intolerant of those who are intolerant

I dressed for two reasons.

1. I dress to blend in
    2. I dress to my age group.

When going out in public during the day, I generally wear a nice pair of femme pants. A nice fitting pair of femme pants can be very sexy. I usually wear a nice pair of heels with pants. I wear an appropriate top with the right accessories. The right purse is essential to looking very femme.

When I wear a skirt or dress out for the evening, it is a longer length (just below the knee), and if low cut at the top, I wear a nice cami (cleavage is out now and nice camis are in).

By the lack of reactions when out dressed like this, I believe that I blend in. Btw, I frequently get nice comments from gg's on my outfit or accessories. I don't need a skirt or dress to look good and feel femme.

Jodi

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    It's funny you should mention this because sometimes I amaze myself by wanting to go out en femme in womens' jeans or capris ..... who'd have thought it? ...certainly not me a few years ago. What it means (if anything) I have no idea. Most of the time though, it's skirts all the way!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

it depends on my mood , i prefer the sexy come and get me look but, a nice pair of low rise and a nice top works too . i'm not sure i have found the look i like the best yet , i am for sure a work in progress

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    I dress in this order:
    A: my age group (21-30)
    b:my area :north east collage town
    c: my body type(bad wording)
    so for me it's silks and jeans. or a summer dress *^_^*( or sometimes a short dress with jeans under style that's going around right now)

hopes to you all
    keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!