Thread: A Day in Drag Addresses Freedom of Expression

A Day in Drag Addresses Freedom of Expression

This recent article in a San Francisco East Bay newspaper shows that maybe our schools can and should be a great source for helping our cause of promoting acceptance and ending discrimination. Schools are here to teach and this sure is a very important life lesson. More schools should do this.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/teens/ci_5791673
    Last edited by AllieSF; 05-02-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Cool article!!! But I don't think the school got everyone to buy into it... And I seriously doubt that most of the non-bay area schools would even propose such a day...

We had a male elementary teacher's contract not renewed when he dressed enfemme for halloween... All the femal teachers dressed as "Men in black" so he came as "woman in black". Looked good too!! But some parents must have complained.... And the schook board reacted .....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

the most people are one sided on this issue

susie

I agree Karren. I am surprised that even one school attempted this. Maybe there will be some follow-up backlash from the parents and others that may or may not be written up in the press. Either way, I am happy they did it. We have already had too many TG murders and beatings here in the Bay Area. Education is the only way.

This was an excellent idea, and the journalist gave what I consider an exceptional view of the problems faced by us - who want to express ourselves, but fear oppression in all its forms.

With reference to the schools doing this sort of day -- I doubt many will be avid on doing it. Now, or in the future. xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

That was a great article. Hopefully someone learned something
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Love Dawn

I went to find the "softer side of Sears" and I can't find my way back

The interesting thing about the well written article, is that it was written by the student!

Oh yes, fire the man in a dress, not the women in suits. Oh when will it ever end? What must we do to be free in a free country? When will these bonds be broken on the skirts of men?? When, When I ask????
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]