Thread: Ggrr!!

Ggrr!!

Did you ever have one of those moments where you went from to in like 2.3 seconds? Well, yesterday I went to the post office to mail something off. I got up to the front of the line and the dude in the window said "I can help you here sir" so I went Then when I got up close to the window he looked at me, weighed my package and asked if I needed stamps and all that and I tried really hard to give monosyllable answers and to keep my voice deep. But then he said "Have a nice day ma'am" and I went to Oh well, at least I confused him. lol

LOL -- I usually get a "Hello, ma'am" greeting and then when I am finished with whatever transaction I am doing I get a "Thank you and come again, umm, umm, umm...."
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Awww Taylor, yes, similar things happen all the time doh!

Once at work when I had my skater boy floppy hair, this guy said "Scuse me mate!" then I turned round further and got nearer and he said "Oh sorry!" and I then I said "no, you were right the 1st time" and lifted my badge with my (male) name on it! And where I had written "I'm not a girl grrrr!" (ha ha) and he said "oops.. I keep getting it wrong today don't I?"

Oh well, like you said.. at least we confuse them
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Happens to me all the time too, Taylor. I hate it, but it makes me appreciate the cool encounters more. Keep 'em guessing.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeah that sucks when it happens to me but just look offended they will take the hint

Platinum Member
    happens to me too! the confused ones dont bother me, its great to get them all baffled lol, its the ones that out and out call me she.......my usual response is do you really think a girl is gonna be called 'Kieron Andrew' lol

At least he was nice it seems. Some of those post men get kinda grumpy, at least here they do. Hey, you know who you are. That's what counts.

I just try to look on the amusing side. espeshally when I get called 'smam'
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Smam....lol That's a good one. I get that sometimes too. I went out to buy some boxer briefs tonight and someone passed in front of me while I was looking and said "excuse me son". lol Now that is funny!

Yeah, I hate it when stuff like that happens... sometimes I think trying to lower one's voce on purpose ends up being more of a giveaway that just speaking in the normal voice. Not just with me, but with a few of my friends too. So you might try leaving your voice as-is, since intentionally making it deeper can be more obvious than leaving it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    At least he was nice it seems. Some of those post men get kinda grumpy, at least here they do. Hey, you know who you are. That's what counts.
    Yeah, postmen around here are grumpy too. I was amused when the postman told me last christmas when he saw my credit card that "You're not R-----." and he said it so matter-of-fact too. But I sure hated having to show my ID with that nasty little "F" on it to prove him "wrong" when he was actually right. X[
    -Neil

[SIZE="3"]Thou wouldst be loved? Then let thy heart
    From its present pathway part not!
    Being everything which now thou art,
    Be nothing which thou art not.

-Edgar Allen Poe[/SIZE]

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    happens to me too! the confused ones dont bother me, its great to get them all baffled lol, its the ones that out and out call me she.......my usual response is do you really think a girl is gonna be called 'Kieron Andrew' lol
    HA ha good one dude!!!

------

Today at work I was actually wearing make up (teehee) and some guy saw my name badge and went
    "[male name].. that's a funny name for a lady"

And I went "that's because I'm not a lady"

He went "oh.. alright then" and after that wouldn't look me in the eye, and looked all strange. He was a bit of a skinhead type too.. oops probably shouldn't have let him know I was oddly gendered.. oh well
    Last edited by pocoyo; 05-03-2007 at 07:22 PM.
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

probably shouldn't have let him know I was oddly gendered
    Haha oddly gendered...I love that. I've been thinking about emailing an old friend from home and 'coming out' to her...which really would just be putting a name to something she's always known about me. Maybe I'll come out as oddly gendered. Usually I just say that I have gender issues.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

and I tried really hard to give monosyllable answers and to keep my voice deep. But then he said "Have a nice day ma'am"
    95% of the time when they hear my voice but don't see me, they think I'm a girl. I swear I'm not trying to sound like a girl, but when they say "yes m'am", I never try to correct them

That sucks. But people are nimrods, here's proof.

Reminds me of this time that I was you know just walking around in clothing that teetered closer to the the female side, breasts were easily visible, shoulder length hair at the time...

And some peasant referred to me as a man. Had I been in drab I would have danced around but no I was in girl clothes. I informed her that I was female and she replied "alright, if you are sure." and rolled her eyes.

It was kind of weird... for the next week I spent all my time obsessing about just looking manly..
    Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, "The flag is moving."
    The other replied, "The wind is moving."
    Huineng overheard this. He said, "Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving."

A homeless man once asked "Can I have some change for that miss..*I look at him*....ter..mister.* Wren was laughing..
    Or I have people in retail address me sir at first, then say miss later. What I like to do is say "...I'm a boy." Yeah...they pretty much never know what to say to that ^^ They won't deny you your gender 9 times out of 10...it's not like they could prove it anyway..

What I don't get is why anyone even thinks they need to address gender. I worked in retail for 10 years and I never thought of referring to someone as Sir or Mam or Miss or Buddy....what is with that? To me it's social laziness. Oh you look like a woman so I'll address you as 'M'am" Why do you have to put any label on someone. It doesn't matter what pronoun is used on me I always feel less than human when someone uses it with me. I know they see me - they're talking to me! So why do they think they have to validate it with a pronoun?

hehehe, oops...Kez on a rant...

Taylor, I think it's cool that you get both pronouns in a single transaction. It's not about you as much as it's about them and their insincere attempts to address you properly. haha, maybe that's why I never used pronouns as a retail person. You make a lot of assumptions when you do. And to assume makes an ....(everybody now......).... out of you and me.

It's situations like this that make me want to keep gender-blending (I like that term better than gender-bend). I really do want to mess with their minds.

"I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Hi Hun yep I know what ya mean although recently it's gettin better, think it's since I had my hair cut

Dude I love ya pic how smart, ya really suit that image xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Just had one of those tonight. I went out for coffee with a good friend, had on my new shirt and my jean jacket that competely hides curves. I had even arranged it so I was paying for the drinks. I think I convinced a couple people while we were waiting in line. And then the guy at the counter gives me my change with a "Have a nice evening, honey." :
    I'm not a huge fan of "honey" to begin with (10 years of condescending Southern men who think they're being polite) and then to have it tossed at me when I'm trying to pass. :mad:
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

I'm not a huge fan of "honey" to begin with (10 years of condescending Southern men who think they're being polite)
    Honey, Baby, Sweetie.....they're all condecending.

Quote Originally Posted by hi24home View Post
    And then the guy at the counter gives me my change with a "Have a nice evening, honey." :
    I had something similar happen to me lately and I turned it around on him. A guy at work who knows better had a momentary slip and called me "babe". He quickly apologized, but I took the opportunity and called him "babe" back. He laughed and was relieved that I wasn't mad at him. I felt better too.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, I guess I should just be happy that I'm at least confusing people. lol And I stopped trying to make my voice be something it's not. I just don't talk much when out in public. And Felix, thanks for the compliments. I actually loved the shirt and tie photo shoot!! I felt really manly!