• Crossdressing has been a Curse but becoming a Blessing

14 7.78%
  • Crossdressing is a mix of both Blessing and Curse

94 52.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Crossdressing a Curse or a Blessing

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Is Crossdressing a Curse or a Blessing

Hi Everyone, It is me again. I just wanted to do a poll to see how most of us see our crossdressing. I have to admit that if I were to answer it truthfully I would have to answer both. Today though, I am very happy to say that I see crossdressing as one of the greatest blessings I have received amongst many others.

Today, crossdressing is a part of my life that I cherish and appreciate, which is what trully fuels my Joy. I am aware that for many it can still be a curse and I know it that way very well.

I see it as a blessing for many reasons and the main reason is because it makes me complete and filled with joy and excitement. I love most aspects of it. Getting something new that I have always wanted to wear. Enjoying the act of dressing up and fumbling around with the makeup.

Being a part of this wonderful community and feeling more fulfilled with every new day.

There is a song that has a lyric that says," Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative."

That should be something we are always working to do.

How we see our crossdressing is what also affects how we feel.

Please participate in the poll.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lovely Rita; 05-04-2007 at 10:44 AM.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

I like to think of it as a special gift, not everyone gets to explore the opposite gender.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

I think you already know my answer Rita. It's a big part of who I am but there is a lot more to it than merely the dressing. As you say, it completes me as a person and gives me a better perspective of everyone else, whether TG or not. It has helped me accept everyone as the person they are and have respect for them as that person.

I've traveled a road which has been long and difficult at times with a lot of twists and turns but which seems to be getting clearer with each passing day. A lot of others are on this road as well and I'll do my best to help them find their way and avoid the pitfalls if possible. You can't go in the water unless you get your feet wet though and sometimes you have to do that before you find out just who you are.

Still, it helps to have friends who support you and we have a plethora of them here. I could think of a lot of worse ways to get there for sure. Sal

I have to say that it's a blessing because to me it was a stepping stone on the road to finding out who I really am. I'm a TS and only found out about 7 years ago but I love who I am. Would I change if I could? Absolutely not.
    Kisses, Linda

Hi Ladies hope ya don't mind me joining in! Well since I have been presenting as male things have come together for me in so many areas. So I see it as a blessing. I have had so much more acceptance of who I am since I have been open and dressed as myself. It's fabulous xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

I love doing it but for me it has been a curse but i think that is mainly due to where i live that is also the reason that i cannot post a pic on here , but i am glad that i seem to be the odd one out ,

joanne

[SIZE="3"]It is the blessing of the curse, no wait,... the curse of the blessing, OH! Whatever, it is fun!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

For me it is a curse that I could have done without, but have come to live with & even enjoy. Of all the things that have troubled me in my life this aspect rates among the very highest.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    It is such a blessing to me. This makes me so happy every single day.

Sasha Anne

It is most certainly a blessing, the only curse is that as a society our species fails to accept our behavior. The rest of our species is quick to label us as being sick, I find that sickness to be beautiful.
    The most important thing is that you feel good about yourself

Mixed

I wish I had found this group years ago. I feel now that crossdressing is a wonderful blessing, a great joy, and it has opened my eyes to many aspects not only of myself but of the world around me. My relation with my wife is much more loving--I can express myself more deeply--and I believe I understand better the life that women lead every day. Also, seeing how boring and uniformed men look in suits and ties, I am delighted not to have only that option! On the other hand, there is always some fear. This year I have shaved my arms and the first time I went out and took off my jacket I was terrified. Of course, no one noticed, or at least no one said anything and I felt elated.

Valerie

Banned Read only
    for me it is a blessing, especialy since my wife helps and supports me. she just came home today with a yummy pink fleece poncho for those cool canadian winter nights.

It's a mixed blessing. I think we all know we're different from the "others" and at times I wish I wasn't a CDer. On the other hand, crossdressing has brought me so much pleasure over the years that I'm glad that I am. Thanks to all for wecolming me to the familly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Rita View Post
    Is Crossdressing a Curse or a Blessing
    Neither, its just a great pleasure!

Your just toooooo spunky, Rita!!! Don't you ever have a down day..... hehe ME neither!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

In itself it's a kind of blessing because it enriches my life. The curse is because society in general won't accept it and I have to hide it from most people I know.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I voted that it is both for me. I love it, but the curse is that I can't do it as often as I would like to and that I would not be as accepted as I would wish as well.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I voted both, it is a curse, it has cost me a lot in my personal life, on the flip side, i feel that I am more tolerant because of the duality.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

The main idea that we have gathered is that it is society that is making us feel uncomfortable with our ways of enjoyment. They are dooming our ideas, making us feel pain.

If it is society that is bothering you when you dress up imagine that it is only you, nobody else. Even if you only do it for an hour a day, make the most of it. Do not let other people ruin our playtime

This is a struggle we have to overcome

Smile A tremendous blessing

[SIZE="4"]It's been a real blessing to me. I have met some beautiful people, found liberation and contentment, and opened my eyes to the transgender community. I'm so happy and blessed.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Hope it is ok that I answer... I have told Sher from day one she is blessed.....so my answer is very much a blessing.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    I see crossdressing as both a blessing and a curse.

A blessing? In this sense: "learning to come to terms with this part of myself, rather than denying it, has been a blessing."

A curse? All those years I earnestly denied it, and entered into relationships with a lying sense of who I was, were certainly curses, for me and for people I was intimate with.

Having a character trait that society views as a vice is somewhat of a curse, though I can imagine worse curses - like having a character trait that society approves of, which hurts people.

So at age 52 I'm seeing grays, not blacks and whites....this happens to me all the time.
    Last edited by Julie Avery; 05-04-2007 at 05:58 PM.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Is my crossdressing a curse or a blessing? Emphatically yes!

It is what I am, both good and bad.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

For me it is a great blessing, unless I don't actually get enough time to be Raychel. Then it can be a curse.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

For me its a blessing it's a way to express my feminine side and i do it when ever i can but i don't have to have dress if im not in the mood or don't have the time.
    When i am dressed i am always on my own so i can behave and go where i want so its not a curse to me.
    But i think if i was out ( you know what i mean ) i would do this more and more which could end up being be a bit of a curse ( or a lot more fun ) Katia
    -x-
    In the garden of life another flower blossoms is that really me