Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it! I got 'em both pierced!

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

I did it! I got 'em both pierced!

I now have an 18g sterling silver ring with a small hematite ball on each ear (small things). I asked for studs (at three different places all of which I had researched, tattoo/piercing parlors, I mean) but none had them so at the third place I just went ahead with the rings instead. They're only as big around as maybe a dime.

I'm going to a wedding in seven weeks, but if my body works right I might be able to take them out by then just for a couple of hours. If not (and if it's going to cause a sh**fit), then I'll consider not going to the wedding. If I have to give up who I am just to go, then why would I go? A real friend would not ask that of you (as long as you're otherwise nicely dressed and of course I will be).

I'm proud of me. I felt so nervous getting done (meaning facing the parents afterwards, not the procedure itself) that I almost didn't, but I am glad I did. Even from this first day I've gotten a good glimpse of just how much I do give in when my parents don't like something (and this was part of the reason for doing this, one of the things I'm testing, including how deep my connection is to my femininity and also what my feelings are about my body).

Now I know I'm just going to have to conquer that if I'm going to able to really explore myself and become who I really am. If I don't I'm never going to be a viable human being.

Why couldn't I have figured this out before age 35? lol Oh well, better late than never. I'm just glad to see myself growing and becoming bolder.

I'm going downstairs now to get myself a drink. Let the fireworks begin. lol Wish me luck!

Hugs,
    Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Maren; 05-04-2007 at 08:01 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Way to go Lisa! Good for you for staying brave. I hope you don't get any flack. It's your body, and so many people are doing things like this these days. I hope you get to go to the wedding with nice sparklies in your ears.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Congratulations, Lisa. You've just opened up a great big world of very pretty ear candy for you! And you ears should be nicely healed by the time the wedding takes place in seven months. Just be sure to follow the post piercing care you were instructed to do. It really is important.
    Last edited by Holly; 05-04-2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Good for you girl.

Congrats on the new piercings. I am on my 4th week since I pierced mine. I went to a tat parlor as well, but they only did 12gage earrings, which was a little larger than I wanted.

They referred me to a Beauty Store that sells "do it yourself" kits. I bought the Stainless Steel piercing studs, the treatment solution, and some Rubbing Alcohol. A couple of swabs and 2 presses later, and I had pierced ears .

Will be able to change them out for other earrings in 2 weeks time

Denied

Mother surprised me!

I am surprised. I thought my parents and I would have words about my new piercings, but my mother actually had nice things to say! She asked a few probing questions (like why both) and I just said oh nobody seems to know which is the straight ear, so heck, I just had them both done. She asked what made me decide to do it and I just said I was in a "fresh" kind of mood. All of it is true enough.

My mother actually said I look cool. Wow. This may be a very encouraging sign (for when/if I come out to them).

My father hasn't seen them yet but he's got the flu and he's too sick to say or do much. He'll probably snort in disgust and maybe ask what I did that for or something. Probably not too much to worry about.

I just found out the wedding I'm going to is more rustic than formal, so there's even another nice surprise!

I'm going to love these! I feel more real already!

Hugs,
    Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Maren; 05-04-2007 at 08:10 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.

-- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Way to go, Lisa! Did you have your ears done at a tatoo/piercing parlor?

I want to do it too. Clip-ons suck.
    Last edited by NatalieGirl; 05-04-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: fix the punctuation

Hay Lisa you girl and good luck hun
    Angie

And before the weekend!!!

Lisa,
    Congrats Girl. I'm so happy for you. Way to keep your self happy!!! Keep living that way... i too did something for me today...info in clothing thread...
    TeRe
    I am me and you are you, give me love and I'll love you too.

Banned Read only

why not

it is so hard to tell wich ear to get done when you travell. in mexico or s.a. the left ear is for gay people , while in n.a. the opposite is true . either way having both done gives you a choice and helps disguise the fact that you are like us and want to look totaly femme .(I HATE CLIP ONS THEY HURT AND LOOK SOOOOOO FAKE)

good for you. Now do you think you could talk to my wife about letting me get mine done. please!!!!!!!!!!! really happy for ya.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Picture of (one of) my new earrings!

Hi all

Here's a pic of my left ear -- can't get them both with my cellphonecam. Oh well.

Hugs,
    Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Maren; 05-04-2007 at 08:53 PM.

-- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

like I said before...

I find a man (or girl!) way sexy with pierced ears! Congrats to you.

Louise.

Link's not working......

I hope it's a beauty!
    Ammdi
    --
    PHR

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    that is soooo cool! i wish i was brave enough to do that! wife has piercing gun, and would probly do any part i asked, but am way too chicken for that one yet. congratulations!
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

[SIZE="3"]Way too scared of needles to do that (it's close enough) my wife would like me to do it. If it happens, I'll probably pass right out......or puke I don't know which is worse??[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Hey Christina, it really doesn't hurt with a piercing gun, it's over so fast you hardly feel it.
    I just don't understand why people have problems with men with pierced ears, it's not the 70s anymore! Everywhere you look, you'll see guys with pierced ears. 1,2 or even3 piercings aren't unusual now. Even here in the backwash area that I live, I see old truckers with ear piercings, a couple of doctors, lots of the younger men have those big open holes in their ears, I forget what they're called now. It's just not unusual now. I had my first ear piercing in 1981, I would have had them both done then, but I was still afraid that people would see right through me and know of my "sickness" of cross dressing. Funny thing, I knew a guy back then who had 2 studs in one ear and 1 in the other. I was in a rock&roll band then so I used that as an excuse to get the one pierced.
    Anyway, about 8 years ago, I finally said the heck with it and got the other ear pierced. I was 43 at the time and I know I waited too long, even then. Of course, I was more comfortable with myself 8-10 years ago then I was 25 years ago. I used to wear either silver studs or small silver hoops, now I just wear the hoops, sometimes the not quite so small ones, in public. I have various dangles that I wear at home, they're too girlie to wear in drab.
    Once people get used to seeing you with earrings, they don't think twice about it. You probably get some "why did you do that" questions from people you know after you do it, I always told them that it seemed like the thing to do at the time. You don't need any other excuse then that. If you're married, you might want to pass it by the SO first, though, that can be a good idea.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi girls
    I had my left ear done when i was 16 and i have just ordered some clip on earings ( ebay )as my hair is so short now if i had the other ear done my wife would have a fit.
    But then again she doesn't take that much notice of me anymore i could get the right one done and remove the left earing and i don't expect she would notice............now theres a thought
    In the garden of life another flower blossoms is that really me

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    its me 100%. wife will let me get more girlie than i will let myself.have to be him every day. he feeds us and keeps us in a style we have all grown accustomed to!(wife,daughter,and I) we are very spoiled! and i find some days it takes practice.is hard to be a jackass when you find yourself to have gentle soul. but that is his job and he does it well.
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

Well done you
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Congratulations Lisa. If you are like me you will kick yourself in the butt for not haveing it done a long time ago. I have found that after a while you will forget about haveing earrings and it will become second nature. I have found that I notice guys with pierced ears more than I used to. From the guy at the auto parts to the Optometrist who gave me a eye exam it has become socially acceptiable. Now go out and buy yourself some pretty earrings....

Way to go Lisa! Congrats on getting your ears pierced!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Senior Junior Member Lisa Renee's Avatar

Ear Percing

Way to go. I have had mine pierced now for proably 3 1/2 years and have kicked myself for not doing it sooner. Not one person at work really said anything negative about them, and it was probably a month before anyone really noticed them. One of the girls at work told me that now I would want a second peircing in both. And to tell the truth I have thought about it, but other people at work probably wouldn't understand me doing that. Believe me I am happy I did it. When I did it, I just went to a jewlery shop that did ear piercings for free when you bought the studs. I just bought studs with a round ball on the end more a unisex type of stud
    Lisa Renee

This is one of things that seem so permanent and noticeable. I am scared of doing it because of what people might think although I know that should not matter.

Congrats on getting it done!

don't worry about what everyone says 99% of the tme they don't even notice GG's do but a lot of thye time they will help you find the ones that suit you just ask and dangle or hoops they are great as long as you don't go overboard while in drab

Danni

ps had mine pierced since i was 20 59 now and have them in every day