Thread: heels

Banned Read only

heels

when you are 6'1'' how do you buy shoes that do not make you look like a freak but still look femme(not ballet slippers or flats.)

heels

Honey I am 6' in stockings. I wear 3" heels and dont worry about it. There are a lot of tall women out there, just look at the wnba.
    Just go for it with shoes you like.

Banned Read only
    i love the way i look in a 4'' heel but that makes me taller than anyone around and i am still not that comfortable in the outside yet; ive only been out once before.

The more you get out, the more comfortable you will feel. I'm 6'2" before I put on my heels. Honey it all in the attitide. Be proud! My wife 4'11"... she'd love to be taller. I guess it's a case of the grass is always greener...
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

No worry hun gust do it
    angie

Uh, how about low heels? I typically wear 2" heels. (I start off at 6'3" flat footed.) Gives an OK proportion all around.
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rose382832 View Post
    when you are 6'1'' how do you buy shoes that do not make you look like a freak but still look femme(not ballet slippers or flats.)
    If it helps you any, I saw a GG Black Lady, about 6'4" in white capri, and a really tight tank Top, and flats, she must have weighted about 300Lbs, and had 4 stomachs looking from the backside, kinda like the sides of a bubble bath bottle, but more defined . the shirt was see threw and her bra you can tell was caught in her folds. Trust me no one made any remarks about her. Feel better yet?
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

[SIZE="3"]Don't know what to say to that....... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    thank god i only weigh 130 soaking wet otherwise i just couldnot imagine wearing anything other than a tent. spandex is a priviledge not a right

heels

I am 6 ft 1 inch and the most of my heels or 4 inch or better. I say wear what you like and don't worry so much what others might think.You are dressing for youself not for them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Shoe height

Like so many others on this thread, I am approaching the six foot mark. I wear normally a low one and half inch heel for when walking much is involved. If it is just to be a trip out and around sort of thin, then the heels come out at three inch. Anything higher is not comfy and that is what matters, apart from the appearance. Tall can mean smart, it also requires that extra attitude tha does not come amiss for the shorter girl.
    ~Samm

Silver Member
    Personally, I would never go out with a 4" heel, and I am not that tall. I am only 5'10" (hear me say "only"?) (hee, hee!). But I don't want to stand out.

So I consider myself too tall for heels of any kind. Maybe a 1 1/2" heel, perhaps, but I don't own anything but flats. I would take exception to your saying that flats are not feminine. I consider my ballet flats quite feminine!

OK, that said, I used to wear 4" heels all the time, back when I was much younger and didn't care if I stood out or not. I LOVED them! Loved, loved, loved, them. So I know the appeal of a nice high heel. I say wear 'em if you want. Six foot + tall? So what? Go for it girl. You will stand out, but hold your head up tall, smile, and go for it. Don't miss the fun. And it is fun. FUN, FUN, FUN!

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Banned Read only
    the whole 40+ going on 18 look is kinda based on long and thin but how many teeny girls are that tall? i still shop in the junior part of stores because that is where i can find cloths that fit both me and my personality.( my wife is so jealous.)

Quote Originally Posted by rose382832 View Post
    #1: You're not a freak. Some people envy your height.
    #2: you stand out in boy mode, it won't be different in girl-mode. We tall people ( I'm 6'2 in bare feet ) get noticed regardless of how we dress. Just think to yourself, "ok, you may worship me wih your eyes"

Banned Read only
    where i live i am an average to short male but i'm very very tall for a girl. females are about 5'6'' tall. a tall girl is 5'8'' tall so at 6'1'' im just too tall to be a girl.maybe in a larger city i might fit in in heels but not here

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Trybeing 6'6" tall and loving heels, I say the heck with them, I love my heels and wear them often when I'm out...

Shorty here

All you tall girls.... I am only 5'7" and can get away wearing 5" heels because there are a lot of tall GG's where I am . I do feel a little fortunate and in that respect, and that I am a size 12-14, which is also quite common. I am blessed to be able to blend in without a lot of effort.

If they come in your size, then there should be no problem!

Wear 'em if you've got 'em!
    Ammdi
    --
    PHR

If you don't have 'em, go get 'em!
    Ammdi
    --
    PHR

Go with what you feel comfortable with. I like upto 3 1/2" heels. I think they look nice, sexy and comfortable to walk in. I like them with skirts or jeans. Anything higher when out, I think it draws attention to how I walk. You have to know what works for you

Lost In Victoria'sSecret TGKrissyCD's Avatar
    I am 5' 11" and comfortable with heels up to five inches, over that and I am looking for an accident or very sore feet and calves. I do not wear fives all the time, but only do so for special occassions. Now, if one has the opportunity to attend Mardi Gras in New Oleans, the sky is the limit. One can be as gaudy as they wish en femme.

Krissy

Banned Read only
    nothing like mardi gras here only halloween.still i dont want to make my wife(5'5'') look like a munchkin.

I'm 6'4"" and I tower over my wife when I'm wearing my 4" heels. I doubt I would ever go out in public with them on - the ground is so far away.

You might want to try some pumps with a low heel. The pumps will make you feel feminine without adding a lot to your height. It's also easier to walk around with.

Just do it! I'm 5'11" , Nothing is sexier(OK, nothing is any more femme) than high heels. Payless has some great new summer styles right now BOGO. Treat yourself and enjoy.