Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Privacy *sigh*

Trolling is explained here. The short answer is an Internet troll is a person who sends messages on the Internet hoping to entice other users in to angry or fruitless responses.

DanaJ

Femininity on Tap! spaskinstyle's Avatar

Oh......

Well thank you Dana, that is not at all what I thought it was. I'm glad I asked after all. Now I know what those disagreeable bunch on the other site are all about.... LOL...thanks for your help.

Love to you,
    Theresa

WOW! I had no idea that this thread would generate so much interest, much less so many varied replies. Thank you girls, for your supportive remarks!

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Did a little cleaning up and pruned 2000+ inactive users. Not sure it will help anything but it made me feel better :-)

I thank you! And I'm sure many of the other sisters do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fractlgrrl
    Do we need more moderators?

Could be. Besides spreading the work around, there is something to be said for having several mods with different points of view. If they confer privately with each other and the admin before taking drastic actions, more confidence in the forum results. Some forums have a restricted folder for this.

Btw Stephanie, I love your new av. It's just darling! <3

Quote Originally Posted by fallen angle 1
    when a member sends me a e-mail its pure sincerity so dont be to hasty we luv you

Thanks, hon. I try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt at first. If it's one of "those", I say "post for a while so I can get to know you, then let's talk."

Quote Originally Posted by fallen angle 1
    god i luv fan mail

We all do (within limits)!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahexi
    ... I've sent mail etc myself, and always recieved polite replies. ... Sometimes I just feel it more appropriate than posting here, it depends what I want to know and how private I want to be ... I sent Birthday wishes to a girl on the 'Birthday List', it just seemed like a nice thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahexi

No argument here. I get nice mail and I love it. Especially when it says something like "you're cute, may I write to you?" - that sets the heart of an old lady aflutter! It's just the obscene solicitations that get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Madilyn
    If I have to post once in awhile to be considered "active" then that won't be a problem, but just because I don't post as often as I used to doesn't mean that I don't love all of you and maintain an active interest in what goes on with each of you and this forum.

I remember you Maddy, and it's always a treat to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by tristen
    Anyone going on a extended trip can certainly notify me or Julie M. even administration to have their account held open and active. However this is not a scheduled clean up that will be routinely done.

Works for me. I'm sure that it will be obvious when it's time to prune the list again.

Quote Originally Posted by spaskinstyle
    I know, I'm a dingbat GG.

I took a look at your site and I don't think you're a dingbat. Who knows, I might even buy something from you one day. Tip: It would help everybody if you added "GG" to your custom user title. There's also a special folder where you GGs can talk to each other privately.

[size=4]I just love you all to bits [/size]
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 02-26-2005 at 02:33 AM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by tristen
    THE ACCOUNTS THAT WERE DELETED HAVE NOT[SIZE=5]LOGGED IN[/SIZE] IN SIX MONTHS. That has nothing to do with them not posting. If they have not signed onto the site then they are wasting names other users could have and obviously have no need to even send a PM to anyone. 2000 registered names collecting dust and never returning to simply log in is a huge waste for them and for us. I hope everyone can agree upon this. Anyone going on a extended trip can certainly notify me or Julie M. even administration to have their account held open and active. However this is not a scheduled clean up that will be routinely done.
    If it is to be more or less of a future policy that accounts without LogIn activity for a six month period are subject to cancellation, it might be a good idea to state that in the forum rules so that members are clear on the point.

I read the posts daily, but only Log In when I am going to post a message. Not often that a member would not Log In for as long as six months I guess, but if there is a policy regarding inactive accounts, it might be good to have it documented in the rules.
    Last edited by Danny; 02-27-2005 at 08:25 AM.

If you are automatically logged in, when you visit the site, so you don't have to enter your details every time you visit (cookies enabled etc, remember me tick box) , then it means you can post regularly and keep your cookies logging you in....but you haven't actually logged in for 6 months!

Or doesn't it work like that?

Platinum Member
    when i log in the thingy says oh you again.............was that abought????????????

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    If you are automatically logged in, when you visit the site, so you don't have to enter your details every time you visit (cookies enabled etc, remember me tick box) , then it means you can post regularly and keep your cookies logging you in....but you haven't actually logged in for 6 months!

Or doesn't it work like that?
    You can stay logged in so that all you have to do is bring up the website. But, for more privacy, you can log out when you are finished and clear the cookies. Then you have to enter your name and password whenever you log back in. At least that's the way it seems to work for me....lol.