Thread: Real Fem Hair Anyone?

Real Fem Hair Anyone?

Any of you girls that style your own hair? That's my fantasy. Growing my hair to shoulder length or longer, getting it bleached and blonded with foil highlights. My style would be a trendy layered brushed back style or perhaps with sausage curls framing my face. I'd have a soft fringe of bangs just brushing my eyebrows. Of course, I'd roll up my hair and use a round brush and blow drier in between sets. I can dream can't I?

Kathielynne

Banned Read only
    working on getting to that point but hair is not quite shoulder legth at back and barely reaches my specs at the front ( but only been growing it out past this length for 6 weeks) i can get away with it much longer at work cause every one thinks that i am just an old hippy who refuses to join this century. usualy have a long beard as well but shaved that for the summer(lol) and probably wont grow it back.

I've been letting mine grow for a few months now and setting it with small & medium Velcro rollers. The back is just to my shoulders and the sides are now just below the ears. Long enough to set it, but I want to go longer. In male mode it looks kinda ragged & unkempt. I've thought about changing the color, but would probably just go a few shades lighter, more towards a reddish tone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Been growing it out for quite a few months now, I am blessed at 50 to still have a full head of my own light brown hair, which I have had added strawberry blond foil highlights. Want to grow it and style like my avatiar, not too far away. [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 05-23-2007 at 05:53 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Just being my true self wtb Jessica's Avatar
    Was growing it out just started to get passed my ears than had to cut it for mothers day did out of a request for my mom. Would like to really be able to let it grow out. But can only do so much right now.
    girl that loves to shopping and would like to be under stood by family.

[SIZE="3"]Not anymore, all my hair seems to have fallen off my head and started regrowing on my back![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Mine's half way down my back. Naturally curly, though I do set it in rollers ocasionally. LOVE IT!!!!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I've had long, naturlally curly hair for virtually my entire life (I'm 49). My mom rolled my hair occasionally when I was a kid. Started rolling it myself, for the most part, and sleeping in curlers when I was in about the 9th grade. Continued to roll it even after I got married until we had kids (10 years in).

My hair is just below my shoulders now. With lots of really strong gel, letting it curl, and drying it under a hairnet, I can make it look acceptably masculine for everyday. Haven't used rollers on a regular basis in several years. The flat iron is my new favorite hair tool! It certainly doesn't hold the same ultimate feminine aura that a roller set does, but the results are great!

I get my hair trimmed once a month. I dress androgenously to completely fem. She's never seen me without makeup! After shampooing, she gets my hair completely straight with a flat iron (straighter than I can ever get it), then trims it (it's layered), then finishes with a curling iron. Like I say, not as fun as a roller set, sitting under the dryer, etc., but great results.

Long hair, and particularly roller setting my hair, was probably the "gateway drug" of my cding life. I've cut my hair short twice in my life. I tried wigs, but they just weren't my thing. They're sure a lot easier, but sometimes the difficulties of having long hair are some of the best reward! Over the years I've been able to experience not only countless roller sets (doing it all the time gets pretty tiresome), but also a couple of updo's and many french braids. Although there are many days when I'm sick and tired of it, overall I love the whole long feminine hair experience.

Thanks Girls!

Wow, some of you have had great real fem hair experiences. I'm envious. I've got a good head of hair, but work and family prevent growing it out to fem length. I've played a lot with wigs and have used jumbo velcros in some styles. I love the look of rollers in my hair. It makes me feel like I'm a real girl preparing to go out. Sometimes I do my makeup with my hair in rollers and then brush out my style when I'm done. I always save the lips for last!

Wish'n this were me...

Kathielynne

Silver Member
    Dear Kathie,

This is one fantasy that doesn't have to remain a dream. So many men have long hair today that it's a non-issue. It's very easy to wear your hair in a masculine style when needed. Tie it in a pony tail, for instance.

Please, please, enjoy your hair while you have it! Unless you start taking HRT, you are going to loose your hair eventually, and then it's too late. Just grow it out dear. It's your hair. No one has a right to tell you how to cut your hair.
    This is a worry that sooooo many here have and it's just not a sensible issue. Just think about it, hon. Do YOU ever try and tell someone else how to wear their hair? I'm betting you don't. Of course you don't. That's because, in our society, how you wear your hair is considered a very personal decision. Long hair, short hair, curly hair, straight hair, blue hair, orange hair, rediculous hair, beautiful hair, it's all a matter of very personal choice. Adults just DON'T tell others how to wear their hair. It's not polite, and it's not done. And yet, sooooo many of us hesitate to grow the hair we want out of social concerns. STOP worrying about it and grow your hair. It won't be long before you can't do it, so do it now, before it's too late. "Because I want to!", is the ONLY answer to anyone so impolite as to criticise your choice of hair style.

I have been growing mine for about a year and I love it. A few people questioned me at first because I had alway had a military hair cut. Now I get compliments on a regular basis, both at work and socially. So just do it, hon. You can always cut it off, but it takes a LONG time to grow it out.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

My hair has been growing for the past two-and-a-half years with just minor trimming and layering, so it is well down my back when uncurled. A friend of mine has just given me the name of a great stylist and I'll be stopping by later today to finally set up an appointment to get it styled. I just wish I could figure out what type of cut will suit me best.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Doesn't get out much. sandcastle's Avatar
    I'm trying to grow mine as long as I can get away with. Please see my thread from last month. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=57379

I'd really like to see some more pics of all you gurls' hair progress. Each one makes me more resolved to stave off a trip to the hairdresser.

I recently bought myself a can of Garnier Fructis 'Spectacular Volume' Mousse (after seeing a TV advert). I really like the look of the result, and my (unsuspecting) SO said she liked the smell.

All the best,
    Sandra - hiding behind her fringe (aka bangs).

not an option at my age!

mitch

Yes, I have my hair styled in a modified Dorothy Hamill Wedge (a "graduated bob"). It is a good style since I have to pass for butch every now and then. I can fluff it up and be femme, or slick it back and down and be butch.

Ruthie
    Attached Images Attached Images

That question hurts...

I'm loosing my hair badly...

Yet, in the mid seventies, I lived in Woodstock NY and then it was OK for "men" to let their hair grow... So I did and kept my hair long several years...

What a pleasure to CD when one has real hair...

Unfortunately, I didn't know as much ten as I know now thanks to the internet and foruma like this one... So at that time I was too deep in the closet to take adnantage of that curly brown hair of mine, which many of my wife's friends were commenting nicely about... "I which I had such a thick ans curly hair." was a sentense I heard many times...

Now I have to resort to a wig. The sensation is not at all comparable... Far less sensual...

Perhaps I should invest in a really nice natural hair wig... But they really cost a lot more than artificail hair...

All of you who are lucky enough to still have netural hair have fun with it while it lasts...

Eugenie

would love to but male pattern baldness is kicking in. I'd like to get a prescription for propecia. I hear it helps develop secondary feminine characteristcis also.
    By the way does anyone know of a wig you can put into a high pony tail?
    Margot

If I HAD hair I'd be right with ya!

Kim (The ugly bald guy)

Smile What hair???

I dyed my "hair" blonde and now look like Susan Powter.

I don't know how my wife would accept a wig and
    I don't want to press it
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Senior Junior Member Lisa Renee's Avatar

Fem Hair

I have had fun with my hair. I'm not completely sure what my natural color is. I have been growing it and dying it for 4 or five years now. I have gone from red, now back to brunette. I have had it long now for about 7 years, but having it trimmed its not as long as I would like it. Right now its a couple inches below my shoulders. I did have bangs but I have been letting them grow out for that last 6 or 7 months. The only real problem I hae is whats called I think a widows peak, so my hair is starting to recede some. I love having my own hair to style and everything. And in drab I just put it in a low pony tail.
    Lisa Renee

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot View Post
    would love to but male pattern baldness is kicking in. I'd like to get a prescription for propecia. I hear it helps develop secondary feminine characteristcis also.
    By the way does anyone know of a wig you can put into a high pony tail?
    Margot
    Dear Margot,

If you really want to get Propecia, please check out the following link.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/index.html

You don't need a prescription to get Propecia. The generic name for Propecia is finasteride. I buy this as Fincar 5mg and I cut each tab into quarters and end up with about 1mg tabs at a greatly reduced price.

I don't think you can count on finasteride giving you much in the way of secondary feminine sex characteristics. That's a long shot. As you may know, Propecia is a med to treat prostate enlargement. The normal dose to treat prostate enlargement is 5mg per day. The dosage for hair retention is 1mg per day. There are no guarantees that this will help, but it might. That's why I am taking it. I want all the advantages I can get.

InHouse Pharmacy is a safe and reliable pharmacy used by many in the TG community as a source for their meds. Always inform your GP of any meds you may be taking so he/she can adaquately moniter your health.

Stephenie

Kim (The ugly bald guy)
    Well, you may be an ugly bald guy....but you are very pretty (with hair) woman!