Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: if CDing was accepable by all would you still dress or would the joy be gone for you

I think along the same lines as Donna and Sandra. That would give us the same freedom as GG's to wear whatever we wanted for whatever reason and no social stigma to fight. Works for me!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

If cding were accepted...

I would light ALL of my *yuck* male clothing on fire, and go out and buy ALL femine sexy clothes.

It would truely be a night i wouldn't forget!
    Life's A B**** Unless You Become One...

That is the day for which I am waiting.

"Stephanie"
    I've got another point of view on this. If CDing were acceptable, then there would be no "female" clothes or "male" clothes. All would be just "clothes". It reminds me of the Chinese state-mandated uniforms. A blurring of the sexes would erase the concept of gender. Everyone would be the same, there would be no difference. However, we all know and recognize that there ARE differences between us, both psychological AND physical. I think we need the physical "markers" of gender that we wear in order to better interact with each other. If we can't readily recognize one's gender by how they are dressed, we are more apt to mistakenly do things that are not appropriate for the moment, like burping out loud, or openly flatulating, or other unladylike things. In my work environment, (cabinet shop), there are no GG's, so you can imagine what it can be like on an average day. What I'm trying to say is that women are treated more courteously, more respectfully, and with less slaphappiness than men. If we all dressed the same, then eventually the differences that define gender would disappear. I imagine that the traditional respect afforded to women would also evaporate. That would be a sad day in my book.
    Love,
    SilkenPrincess
    P.S. Viva la difference!

My question is why can GG's wear anything they want and the rest of us cannot.

All I want to be able to do is wear a skirt whenever I want to , or have my nails done or not, just as a GG can.

Is that to much to ask?

Richelle

emmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle
    My question is why can GG's wear anything they want and the rest of us cannot.

All I want to be able to do is wear a skirt whenever I want to, or have my nails done or not, just as a GG can.

Is that to much to ask?

Richelle
    Richelle hi,

i agree with you, it is just not fair
    :mad:

some days i would love just to wear my mini skirt and go out in to the sun........

Sarah

Exclamation Reply to Shining Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Star
    this has probably been asked before if it has i am sorry. if CDing was accepeted by all would you still dress en-fem or will the thrill fade away. as for me i would still dress cause the no one would care what i wore i could be male one day and fem the next
    Good question! For a few CD is merely rebellion---to be a non-conformist. For them the thrill would be gone. For me, after 70 plus years feeling alone to fight with my demons, not knowing if there were others like me---the thrill increases as one demands greater feminization---more clothes, make-up, etc.
    Then after the internet told me of the many CDs out there, it erased the guilt from my actions. Still married after 48 years my wife doesn't care to be a part of my fantasy; and yet, it wouldn't matter how many others are CDs---it doesn't make my dressing up any less enjoyable. Hope this answer helps a bit.
    Julie

The sexiest girl i know Shining Star's Avatar
    thanks girls for all your inputs you all know how to make a girl happy
    LET THE STARS BE YOUR GUIDE

If you enjoy or find peace in what you are doing what does it matter if others are doing it also. I do it for myself, but I do wish it was accepted so that I could be open about it and not fear for my career and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Star
    … or would the joy be gone for you

Honey, I am what I am and it took way too long for me to come to terms with that. I would have to say that anyone who crossdresses solely to defy convention is probably not TG and has other issues to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkenPrincess
    If CDing were acceptable, then there would be no "female" clothes or "male" clothes. All would be just "clothes".

Well said!

If we all dressed the same, then eventually the differences that define gender would disappear. I imagine that the traditional respect afforded to women would also evaporate. That would be a sad day in my book.

I don’t think there’s much danger of that, dear! There would still be plenty of non-TG men and women to maintain a difference.

Vive la difference!

YES! YES! YES!

Quote Originally Posted by fractlgrrl
    I'd be en femme all of the time. I'd never want to go back.

I’m a little conflicted about that. I still feel that Rachel and Rick need each other, and that I wouldn’t be a whole person without both of them. But, switching between the two of them would no longer be as difficult, or as necessary.

Welcome to the forum, Richelle! You are very pretty.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Some intriguing points.

I've got another point of view on this. If CDing were acceptable, then there would be no "female" clothes or "male" clothes. All would be just "clothes". It reminds me of the Chinese state-mandated uniforms. A blurring of the sexes would erase the concept of gender. Everyone would be the same, there would be no difference. However, we all know and recognize that there ARE differences between us, both psychological AND physical. I think we need the physical "markers" of gender that we wear in order to better interact with each other. If we can't readily recognize one's gender by how they are dressed, we are more apt to mistakenly do things that are not appropriate for the moment, like burping out loud, or openly flatulating, or other unladylike things. In my work environment, (cabinet shop), there are no GG's, so you can imagine what it can be like on an average day. What I'm trying to say is that women are treated more courteously, more respectfully, and with less slaphappiness than men. If we all dressed the same, then eventually the differences that define gender would disappear. I imagine that the traditional respect afforded to women would also evaporate. That would be a sad day in my book.
    Love,
    SilkenPrincess
    P.S. Viva la difference!
    SilkenPrincess you make some really interesting points, some that I hadn't really considered before posting. I'm having to think now about my previous post, maybe some of the excitement and pleasure would be lost; but I've always considered that I dress just for my own pleasure, and have never tried to 'pass' in the world beyond my home. mmm?

judee_bee
    I would not only continue dressing, I would deffinitely dress more often and enjoy it even more. Part of the reason that I dont dress alot is because of the fact that it is less enjoyable for me to have to do it secretely or worry about what others would do about it.
    Last edited by judee_bee; 02-27-2005 at 10:06 AM.

Platinum Member
    you mean like wear anything any were at any time ?????????????no i would hate that....yar right............

i would never stop dressing but i would go out more dressed

Bra Lover
    Super question! If it were 100% acceptable, I'd be going around wearing skirts and tank tops. Some really lacey bra's too!

Sarah

Hi Julie,
    Noticed it was your first post. Welcome to the forum, hope you have fun here.
    48 years married, and 70+ years "feeling alone". Wow, you are certainly the oldest member I've heard from. There's hope for me yet! Well there's no feeling alone here! As you may have already observed, no matter what is your particular "kink", others have been there before you and are willing to share their experiences.
    I look forward to reading more of your posts and finding out more about you in the near future.
    ToniB

Then I would dress as Misty more often,,, and unfortunately have a Newport News credit card and have it maxed out as well....

Hugs Misty

Smile

Well wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to dress as we feel every day? Like I am sure I would just present myself as a woman, and keep some boy clothes hidden in a deep corner of my closet so I could dress up in them occasionally and get the magic feeling of naughtyness that comes with crossdressing.

Youngirl at Heart
    If CDing was generally accepted, I think that a certain edge would be taken away from the pleasure. But that's okay. It would be compensated for a thousand times over by the fact that I could dress all the time. No more wearing this androgonous stuff at work, where I spend so many of my waking hours. Oh, to be able to wear a nicely-tailored skirt to work! I'd look so much more "professional" than I do now.
    Sidney -- Youngirl at Heart

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes. I had one thousand sixty." --Imelda Marcos

"Real men don't need to define what a 'real man' is." --Sidney

Lisa Sue
    As are most of my few posts, here this one is short and sweet lol. Simply put, I would likely throw out all of my male clothes, and dress full time if cding were totally accepted.

xoxo,

Lisa

For me, I long to see the day when I can dress however I wish, and be accepted for who I am, not how I dress.

Unhappy You'll still be a MAN dressed as a woman hum?

If it became the norm for guys to dress either way I don't think it change much really? You still be a guy dressed as a woman,& sisters they still look down on you no matter what.It's be some old thing why do you you want to be a girl,why are you a sissy,& on and on!Just what is norm I ask you? Even now if a woman puts on a man's suit,& looks like a man in every way,& goes out in the public she is called a lesbian,or butch,or plain weird! The line in wemon cross dressing is blurred,& still There is NO NORM here either? Nor will there ever be.It's something that would be nice,but would you really think that you be accepted as normal dressed en-fem in this new world ladies think again!
    Sincerely
    TIMME

This is a great question - because the majority of the reason we dress, (besides all the subconcious stuff we can't explain,) is because it's a social taboo.

If it was acceptable - we wouldn't have communities like this either, in which everyone is so nice and caring

I, like many, would dress all the time - I'm bursting to get out in the street and get some good fashion - rather than pay £2 for a skirt off the market. A girl's got to have some class!

TeenageCrossdresser

Wink This one is easy...

Of course I would!

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

if cding was accepable

if it was ok for men to wear womens clothes i would be out of control with wearing my little skirts and sexy heels 24/7 along with my already wearing pantyhose 24/7.. it isnt fair that women can wear anything they want with NO problems and the other half have to be stuck with crapy clothes..ANY FEMALE who is wearing pants is crossdressed in my book.
    Last edited by obsessedwithpantyhose; 03-28-2005 at 06:06 AM.