Thread: Secret password?

Secret password?

There have been one or two stories of a CD approaching another CD with very mixed results. What if there was a way to introduce one's self without saying something blatant like, "Hi! I notice you are a crossdresser. I am a crossdresser too." Something that would convey the sentiment that you are friendly, non-threatening and sympathetic. I was thinking of something like, "Do you know Sister Kate?"
    The problem is that such a phrase could not long remain a secret. Another problem is to allow enough, appropriate persons, know of it for it to be effective. Still, there must be a way to introduce one's self without making it too obvious that the other has been read, or embarassing them in public or cornering them in some dark alley for privacy. I suppose 'secret' handshakes or signs are just right out.

Minerva

Silver Member
    When I am out and about, I don't want to be approached that way. I just want to be left alone to live my life and carry on my business. If you feel that you must approach me, then just say a friendly "hello" and make a comment on the weather, or the store we are in, or my clothes if you must. I just want to be treated like any other person you might meet. "High, I'm a crossdresser too!" is NOT what I want to hear. One, I'm not, as far as I am concerned, I'm a woman, and two, what if I was a masculine looking GG? Please keep your comments about CDing to yourself. Just be another friendly person I might meet, OK?

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Banned Read only

Yes really just say it as loud as you can. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva Morgan View Post
    There have been one or two stories of a CD approaching another CD with very mixed results. What if there was a way to introduce one's self without saying something blatant like, "Hi! I notice you are a crossdresser. I am a crossdresser too." Something that would convey the sentiment that you are friendly, non-threatening and sympathetic. I was thinking of something like, "Do you know Sister Kate?"
    The problem is that such a phrase could not long remain a secret. Another problem is to allow enough, appropriate persons, know of it for it to be effective. Still, there must be a way to introduce one's self without making it too obvious that the other has been read, or embarassing them in public or cornering them in some dark alley for privacy. I suppose 'secret' handshakes or signs are just right out.

Minerva
    Some people just are not discrete.

Maybe a tattoo on your forehead, TG,TS. GID or CD, NYOB, just kidding!

Any secret does not stay that for long.

[SIZE="3"]We need secret handshakes, a pair of rings, one for enfemme and one for in drab, like secret societies have. Then people will invent conspricy theories on how we are trying to secretly rule the world! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Banned Read only

Aren’t we?

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    [SIZE="3"]We need secret handshakes, a pair of rings, one for enfemme and one for in drab, like secret societies have. Then people will invent conspricy theories on how we are trying to secretly rule the world! [/SIZE]
    Oh maybe not!

[SIZE="3"]Maybe we are, and then again maybe we aren't............whose askin'? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I think I would tend to agree with Stephanie in that I wouldn't want anyone to say anything that would upset the applecart. I consider myself to be a woman and fully expect to be treated as such when I'm out doing my shopping. I wouldn't mind a hi or hello, along with a smile, but no more than that.
    Kisses, Linda

Well, not to make anyone feel bad but I agree with Stephanie. You'd want to be treated with dignity and respect as to the person you are trying to be. We don't go up to other guys and say:"Hi are you a guy? I'm one too". or a woman and say: "Are you a woman?"That would get you into all kinds of potential trouble. I just think it's kind of a propriety thing and it's not necessary to make those kinds of revelations, especially when everyone is just trying to be themselves. Now, if you happen to meet a good friend that is shopping dressed, just greet them as you normally would according to the circumstances.

I agree with everybody above. Even a friendly "Me Too!" suggests that it is immediately obvious that the other girl has failed the "pass" test. Who wants to hear that - particularily if the other girl IS a girl?

A warm smile is always a nice gift, and they are easily exchanged.

On this topic, however: A few years ago, I needed to go to the "Big city" public library to borrow book not locally available. The parking lot at this library is also a notorious pickup venue for the area's gay men. I was -of course- in guy mode, and as I sat down in my car and opened the book (the library was closing, and I just HAD to look up something in the book I had driven 30 miles to borrow) a very neat young man walked up to my open window and said "Can I borrow thirty seven cents?" - or some such thing. I also no longer remember the exact value, but I said "sure" and scooped some change out of the ashtray and counted out what he needed. He said "Thanks, I need to buy a paper from the vending machine", smiled and was gone.

Now this was strange because I know of no vending machine that takes pennies. I assume that this was a coded message, and that I failed the countersign. I didn't know anyone openly out in the gay community so I couldn't directly confirm this assumption, but I did work with a guy who was in the graphic arts business and I used this as a "Do you know anybody who is out and would know?" type of query. A few days later he said that he had checked with a couple of his gay friends and they didn't know what it meant either.

It could also be that they didn't want the straight guy to crack the code...

I guess I was always a little pleased (but not interested - not that there's anything wrong with it) when gay guys approached me. Much in the same way we all enjoy a smile.

jj

LOL and what if you got it wrong you could end up with some thing other than a " oh hello"

( and that is laughing with you not at you)

joanne

The "me too" is a good one, but it could mean many things
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

An inconspicuous adam's apple wave hello ....

[SIZE="3"]I love sarcasm, but most people do not get it where I live,....they're just too serious, but seriously,....no to the secret handshake and rings then???? LOL[/SIZE]

Personally since I am not passable and know it I don't mind another CD who is DRESSED coming up to me. I get weirded out by guys coming up to me though. If your a CDer (and you're not dressed) and see me in the mall then keep on movin on... If your dressed and out and about too then come up and say hello. Shoot, I already know that I am getting read so I might as well have company!

I have a tough time getting out of the house as it is... having company or a friend sure makes it easier.

How about a nice greeting like, "Nice dress, buddy."
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.