Thread: Betty H Goes to the Emergency Room

Betty H Goes to the Emergency Room

Betty H Goes to the Emergency Room

Well It was a gorgeous day this past week and it was a day off for me. So despite having been out the night before to a club, I planned on a whole day out. I wanted to go to New Hope Pa., have lunch, do some shopping and have a relaxing day - with the possibility of going to New York later in the evening , as well, with a good TS friend.

A BEAUTIFUL DAY

It was a beautiful day that turned out to be unseasonably warm.. I got dressed ,nothing out of the ordinary , I dress to blend in: just some Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, a white cotton wrap around blouse , black high heels, slightly toned down makeup etc…I am the majority of the time a night time girl -dinner , dancing ,clubs and am out several nights a week ;so the toning down of my makeup for daytime is still a work in progress for me.

I left my home at about 11:30am.. On the way to New Hope I stopped at the Burlington Coat Factory to do a little shopping -looking for a winter coat. I thought maybe I could get one at a reasonable price since its the off season. .I tried on several, but the selection was limited so I didn’t buy any. I did end up buying a blouse and some accessories- when I was seeking to try it on the sales girl directed me to the dressing room. All shopping went well, no second looks or perceptible signs of recognition; and I always have my antennae up for that. Upon checking out the employee who is stationed near the cash registers (I think he is security) said how are you ma’am - I just smiled. I checked out and all went fine. The cashier said have a nice day and I smiled a big smile at her. I have yet to really work on my voice so I don’t say much LOL. Whether they knew or not ,I don’t know, but they never blinked an eye; and quite frankly that no longer matters to me anyway. I had shopped for about an hour and a half maybe longer. I then set out for New Hope-only a short distance from Flemington. .

Upon arriving in New Hope I stopped at the costume jewelry store I wanted to shop in , only to find it was closed. The same thing happened to me on a previous trip. The store is called Nova Ice and there is one in NYC too I believe. It has a wall full of dangling earrings and many accessories and I have been eager to shop there; although I‘m not sure what the prices are like. After finding the store closed I went for a late lunch at the Raven a very nice restaurant in New Hope. It was now about 3pm.I had a nice lunch and left there about 4pm .At that time I called my friend to determine if she was in fact going to NYC that evening, or not.. She said she was. She was to meet a GG friend for he first time whom she chats with online . We made arrangements to meet at a club in NJ we have to been to many .times. I got here first , had a glass of wine, and waited for my friend. She arrived later and we set of to NYC to meet her friend, in her car ,a 1988 Corvette- you’ll see why I mentioned the car later on.

Well we arrived in the city , met her friend and had dinner , at a restaurant on 57th ST.-I had dessert actually (the biggest piece of chocolate cake I have ever seen).Her friend was wonderful, delightful to talk with . Again no problems all went well .After spending a few hours there we walked backed to the car, said our goodbyes and took off, heading back to the club in NJ where my car was parked.. I basically have related the entire experience for the day , not because I thought it would be that interesting to anyone, but just to give you some perspective of the day and to lead you up to the more interesting and significant part of this day.

AND NOW HERE IS WHERE THE FUN STARTS
    HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS ITS GOING TO BE A BUMPY RIDE

We leave NYC somewhere in the vicinity of 11:00pm -I’m not exactly sure of the time , headed through the Lincoln Tunnel, with the feeling of having a really good day,. After exiting the tunnel, and reaching the NJ side shortly thereafter traffic slowed to a halt. We stopped .There was a big flatbed in front of us. We were only stopped for a few seconds and then IT happened- BAMMMM. Well it took a few seconds, after getting slammed around in the car, to collect ourselves and realize what happened. We had been rear ended. Without even being kissed-LOL ( sorry for the bad joke bad couldn’t pass it by)

We were in the middle lane; behind us was a Lincoln Town Car and behind the Lincoln was a bus - a big . big bus- LOL. Well anyway the bus apparently rammed the Lincoln and the Lincoln, obeying they laws of physics, rammed us. I don’t have any idea how long we sat there waiting for help to arrive but it seemed they were there pretty quickly. While we waited we sorted ourselves out trying to access what may have happened to us. and how we were physically. We had our seatbelts on, but nevertheless got yanked back and forth. My friend had a huge lump on her head -apparently form her head striking a part of the cars body that goes overhead (not a roll bar). I also had one but not quite as big-but didn’t realize it until I took my wig off the next day. My friend is taller so she hit the bar harder and also my wig absorbed some of the blow, I believe. My friend also was complaining of neck and back problems .I fortunately didn‘t appear to be hurt to badly.

The responders began to arrive, the EMT first I believe, and then the police. The first person I recall talking to was an EMT ; he asked if I was OK.I nodded yes. Later he would ask my name; and when I gave him my male name, in my regular voice he kinda stopped for a second and then went on (I enjoyed that one -LOL) .Shortly after that a police officer came over. “Can I have your name Ma’am “-I responded got a similar reaction. Well after a while they eventually put my friend on a stretcher and put her in the ambulance. I rode with her, walking under my own power. Riding in the ambulance with us was the passenger from the limousine.; a business man I estimated to be in his thirties. I talked with him in my normal voice .I was wondering ,and laughing to myself , about what this guy must be thinking-LOL. The ambulance took us to the nearby hospital. My friend was taken right in, while I had to stay out in the waiting room to give some information before I was examined. The waiting room was not crowded-I had expected it would be. There was just a man and women couple there. After waiting a bit I was called in by a nurse and she took some preliminary information. What was my age she asked me. I replied “55“.She said “you don’t look it”. I said ”it’s the makeup”. She laughed and said about herself ”Maybe I should wear some”. Later I had to give all my information to the hospital admissions person.. I was subsequently taken to an examining room and seen by a female doctor, After she examined me and I told her how I felt. She said I had classic whiplash symptoms. I was done with my examine by about 1:30am I dressed and waited for my friend. I lay down on the bed trying too get some rest because I knew I would be going to work the next day. Well after laying there about an hour I reapplied my makeup-I had looked beat -after all I had left the house at 11:30am, Well at about 2:30am I went out to see how my friend was doing. The nurse advised she was having a CAT scan done .I asked the nurse if she was going to be much longer because “I will be turning into a pumpkin in a short while”-she laughed. My friend eventually was finished with her evaluation and we were released from the hospital at 3:30am. Leaving under her own power. And now….

HOW DO WE GET HOME

Well, my friend had suggested she could call up some of her family ; but we decided against it and to call a taxi cab. The hospital called the cab company and a cab arrived shortly thereafter. The taxi cab driver was talkative fellow , perhaps it goes with the territory. During the ride I told him I felt like I was on HBO Taxi Cab Confessions -LOL. Total cost of the ride was $95.00 plus tip, which we split. It was the most expensive cab ride I ever had- LOL. He drove us to the club where my car was parked.. I then drove my friend home ,which was an hour ride, and then began the hour and a half ride to my home -watching the sunrise and hearing the birds beginning to chirp. I pulled into my garage at 630am-just in time to get ready for work. What a ride, a 19 hour adventure-LOL

SO WHATS THE POINT OF ALL THIS

I don’t usually write about the things I do when I go out because ,even though a lot of fun for me, they are basically very mundane : dinner , dancing, clubs , karaoke bars and now shopping .I mean, its not much to tell. However my best girlfriend, who is also an active member of this forum, suggested it might serve some benefit. Possibly for some girls who might be hesitant to venture out fearing some such event happening to them; and that this would serve as an example that things can turn out fine. The other point of view would be it might be enough to keep them , or drive them back into the closet. It just depends on the individual I suppose.

SOME LESSONS FROM MY POINT OF VIEW

First - Wear your seatbelt
    Second - Always insure that you have enough money or credit cards.
    Third - Your mother was right! Wear clean panties-you just never know if you are going to get in an accident -LOL.
    Fourth - always make sure you bring enough makeup-this was a very long day LOL

BACK TO THE POINT

Seriously though, the whole point in this matter is to not let the fear of some event like this stop you from going out the door and enjoying yourself. This experience was actually a very liberating for me. I used to have some concerns in the back of my mind about things like this. But I have been going out long enough ( about a year) for me to be very comfortable with my feminine self .So after the accident I really had no concerns about how I would appear to others. The only concerns were normal ones : our health and other practical considerations such as how to get home etc…I found myself strangely calm and could not have cared less about others viewed me. I just acted normally and was treated normally. I must say that all the responders -EMT, Police, were very respectful, polite and professional as was the hospital staff, nurses, doctor and even the taxi cab driver. It was Ma’am all the way through the process Apart from the accident itself, and the assorted bumps, bruises, aches and pains my friend and I had ,the whole experience was a an extremely positive one.
    Kisses,
    Elizabeth

http://profiles.urnotalone.com/ElizabethHeatherton

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elizabethheatherton/

http://profiles.yahoo.com/lipsticksiss

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ladies...guid=242225087

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. ~Japanese Proverb

"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want." -
    -- Lao Tzu

Betty
    great story, thanks for sharing, and all the new people you met... great stuff.

As for the rules, after 1 wear your seat belt, add 2. Always, always, leave enough space in front of you when you slow at intersections or on the highway, to allow for an escape route,this could mean 4 or more vehicle lengths, never pull up the vehicle in front of you unless you have multiple vehicles behind you. And always watch your rearview mirror for changes.

Very glad you and your friend were allright. What a night!

Yes, cool story. I'm glad no one was seriously injured.

WOW What an adventure!!
    Glad yall were alright and things turned out ok!!!!
    Hope the aches are feelin better for you and your friend!!

Nic

I hope you took Mom's advice and were wearing clean panties, it would have been horrible if you weren't. I hope you and your friend are doing well.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

The real question is were you wearing clean panties after the wreck?? sorry I had too lol. I am glad your alright and hope your friend is two.
    Another one of those nutty Texas T-girls. Save a horse
    drive a truck.

I'm glad you and your friend are both OK Betty. That was a loooong story. Interesting, but long.

I can see the health professionals not saying much to you, but how about the people in the Lincoln? The guy rode with you to the hospital (and probably waited with you too). Didn't he say anything? (Maybe he was scared of you or envious)? And if you were waiting that long in the ER, I'm surprised someone didn't say something.

But color me surprised. I guess people won't really speak up, huh?

Thanks for writing it.
    Hugs, Lori

WOW.

Anyway, I am relieved to hear you escaped serious injury. Everything else can be fixed. And having lived through one hell of an experience en femme, you can figure that you're pretty much ready for anything at this point!

But when we do manage to meet up in Manhattan, let's walk to dinner

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

:)

Betty --

I"m so glad that you and your friend are okay. It's always nice to hear a reminder that people out there can be civil towards us. Thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great story, great lesson! You can power through just about anything as long as you keep your wits and dignity. Well done!

Kim

Hi Betty, I'm glad you and your friend are in good shape, but, I have to ask...what about the Vette? That fiberglass (especially when it has some age on it) tends to basically disintegrate.

Thanks for the welll wishes Kerrie, Andrea, Nic,Trannie T and Lindsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori SC View Post
    I'm glad you and your friend are both OK Betty. That was a loooong story. Interesting, but long.

I can see the health professionals not saying much to you, but how about the people in the Lincoln? The guy rode with you to the hospital (and probably waited with you too). Didn't he say anything? (Maybe he was scared of you or envious)? And if you were waiting that long in the ER, I'm surprised someone didn't say something.

But color me surprised. I guess people won't really speak up, huh?

Thanks for writing it.
    Hugs, Lori
    Well Lori, As I had said in the account the passenger in the Lincoln was a 30 something businessman (or so it appeared)and he was pretty quiet.Only spoke when I spoke to him.And yes he was in the waiting room with me and in that room was only another couple (who spoke spanish and english).No one said anything to me.Didn't even stare, I'm sure they were probably preoccupied with whatever the reason was that they were at the ER in the first place. Absolutely no one emt. police , nurses , dotor etc..said why in hell are you dressed like that- LOL. I'm the one who began to joke around about it with them.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaCD View Post
    WOW.

Anyway, I am relieved to hear you escaped serious injury. Everything else can be fixed. And having lived through one hell of an experience en femme, you can figure that you're pretty much ready for anything at this point!

But when we do manage to meet up in Manhattan, let's walk to dinner

Erica
    Hi Erica,

Thanks for the thoughts. And yes the experience was a confidence builder.I go out alot and the thought had been in the back of my mind, at times,as to what would transpire if I was ever stopped by the police or if something like this occurred. This positve experience has allayed any of those concerns.And also prepared me for getting stopped again by a NJ State Trooper the middle of last week-but thats another story.I wasn't speeding or anything-there was an accident up the road and he was stopping traffic-neverthe less I had to interact with him-LOL; and all went well. We will have dinner in NYC soon hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by lisameaghan View Post
    Betty --

I"m so glad that you and your friend are okay. It's always nice to hear a reminder that people out there can be civil towards us. Thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs,
    Lisa
    Thanks Lisa,

I suppose education has alot to do with it as well as how you present yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Great story, great lesson! You can power through just about anything as long as you keep your wits and dignity. Well done!

Kim
    Thanks Kim,

I surprised myself at how calm I was through the whole thing-maybe I was in shock-LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi Lynn View Post
    Hi Betty, I'm glad you and your friend are in good shape, but, I have to ask...what about the Vette? That fiberglass (especially when it has some age on it) tends to basically disintegrate.
    Hi Bobbie Lynn,

Thanks, we are doing OK basically although my friends lump on the head still has not receded.Her Corvette she tells me has about $5,000.00 worth of damage.Apparently part of the frame is slightly damaged too;she said it can be fixed. I always thought that if the frame is damaged the car would be totaled -but apparently not in this case.
    Kisses,
    Elizabeth

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. ~Japanese Proverb

"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want." -
    -- Lao Tzu

Betty, I'm so happy that you and your friend were not seriously injured. Thank-you so much for making this post. Not only have you shared a lot of practical information but you demonstrated just how important confidence and belief in who you are is in leading our lifestyle. The fact the you were able to maintain your poise and composure under what were at best trying circumstances proves just how much of a lady your have become! I'm so proud of you!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Good point taken Betty. Glad you both were not seriously injured.

Hi Betty, I can relate. I fell in the bedroom. And I had a broken knee cap. I had on a gurly top and a pr of shorts that were definately gurly.
    The ambulance crew was very professional and so were the ppl in the E room, they had me change from what I had on to a hospital gown. Yes, the shorts and top and the bra and panties had to come off. Nothing was said. They were more conserned about my condition. I arrived at the ER at 2:20 am, I was admitted to a room at 5:30, and had surgery scheduled for 10:30 on a Sunday morning. By 5:30 pm I was being tought to use a walker and at 8pm, my wife was hauling me home.....BJ

thank goodness you're ok, I know from experience a car crash is a truly disturbing experience, it sounds like you handled it really well though

Corvette Update

Hi Bobbie Lynn,

Thanks, we are doing OK basically although my friends lump on the head still has not receded.Her Corvette she tells me has about $5,000.00 worth of damage.Apparently part of the frame is slightly damaged too;she said it can be fixed. I always thought that if the frame is damaged the car would be totaled -but apparently not in this case.[/QUOTE]

The bad news is that I just spoke with my friend yesterday.She told me that after the auto body place further examined the car more damage was found and the car has been totaled; but the good news is she is already looking for another one.Its a good thing I didn't get taken to the auto body shop too.Given my age they might have totaled me too.

Have a good holiday weekend.Drive safely.
    Kisses,
    Elizabeth

-- Lao Tzu

jezz, I'm glad everything turned out ok for the both of you. Also nice to know that chain of care, from emt to hospital, was done in a professional manner. thanks for the story. oh yes, I agree when riding in a vehicle, even a taxi, please BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELT, it really can make a difference between walking away from an accident and being dead. And wearing clean underwear is always important
    xoxo
    Jen

This is a very well written story with good lessons for all of us Tgirls to take from it!

Great story... Scarry but great... With a son in hockey and a wife with a heart condition... I'm all too familiar with the ER's .... did the 3am thing way too many times and it stinks.. Glad your alright!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos