Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this wrong?

Is this wrong?

Hey everyone, I have a minor moral dilemma and I would like to know what you all think of it. My sister recently cleared out her room of clothes she doesn't want anymore. They are currently in a garbage bag, awaiting a trip to goodwill. Thing is...I'm hard up for fem items. Would it be wrong of me to do a little bit of free shopping in these garbage bags? I've done it before (with one top). I felt guilty briefly, but eventually I just grew used to having the top. Do you think it would be wrong to do what I really really want to do here? Thank you all in advance for your words of wisdom.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

If it's heading out the door then it's fair game.... substitue a few of your old male things for what ever you take out and call it even!!! hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Been there done that with the old girl friend. Now have 4 dresses and 3 tops plus 2 skirts. Like Karren said once out the door it's fair game.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Okay, lol, I didn't need much convincing. It was a somewhat successful raid. Two new dresses. New skirt (my only full length). Other odds and ends. This might satisfy my urge to shop until I can find employment.

Slip Lover

Go for it

Charity begins at home!

Ashley

i agree with karren and ashley and besides if you ask maby your sister will have even more to contribute to your cause

susie

Silver Member
    Yeah, hon. Ask your sister. See if next time she donates she can give you first dibs.

Steph

Can't ask the sister just yet. Probably sometime this summer...but not yet. She doesn't know about me, and for now, that's the way it has to be.

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    always raid the goodwill bags! wifes sense of fashion changes almost monthly, so find myself tossing some of my old femme stuff in there just to make room for new stuff.
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

So, if you took it down to Salvation Army or Thrift Store or whatever, and let them unpack it and put price tags on them and hang them out and then bought them, would that make the process any better? I imagine your sister is just getting rid of stuff she doesn't use, and doesn't really consider it a donation in the purest sense. If you're in doubt, drop a few extra dollars in the Salvation Army Kettle next Christmas. In the meantime, enjoy your stuff!

Take , Take , Take. get everything you can . hell i take the whole bag and say i took it to good will

Jessica,
    why not ask your sister if you could take some for someone you know who is unemployed and would appreciate them.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

You owe a donation to the Goodwill, either in clothes or in money.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

If you donate them once you are finished with them, then it is just borrowing.

I have this reverse fear about having been given some hand me downs... My wife gave me some stuff in the past (for halloween) in common storage, but it is now in my private stash which is hidden away...so what do I say if she looks at the halloween stuff and asks where my girl stuff is? ...ummmmm, I have a private stash...I think not!

I gave some of my clothes to my cousin (female) to donate to the Vietnam Vet's so she could claim the deduction on her income tax. The catch was that I didn't tell her they were MY clothes. I told her they came from a girl I knew that left them at my house, then moved out of town. Though she was glad to get the donation, she kept asking me WHY she would leave the clothes. I have some more I'd like to give her but I don't want to play another round of "20 questions."

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    I vote for your keeping what you want!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Take , Take , Take. get everything you can . hell i take the whole bag and say i took it to good will

[SIZE="3"]That's too funny

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

My whole coming out to my wife started with a bag of stuff that she throwing away. I just could not bear to see those items in the trash. That is when I first told her about my love for lingerie. Some of those items ended up being my first.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My sister and I joke that our genes did not set us up for hand me downs or trades. She has three skirts and thirty pairs of pants. I have three pairs of pants and thirty skirts.

You may as well go for it . If you feel guilty next time you go shopping at Goodwill make a small donation.At least you can browse at your leisure without people staring at you for going through women's clothing. Justabit

This how I got my current warddrove started. When I first came to Dallas back in 2005, I was staying at my sister's house. She was collecting clothing items for her Chruch Colthing drive. When she was at work, I browsed thru the bags. It was like I was a kid in a candy store. Guess the PINK Fog hit me, LOL Anyway, I found two dresses, two skirts, three tops, two sets of PJ's, panties, bra's, slips, and three pair of shoes. I have sense added to my collection from Sears, VS, thrift shops, Goodwill, and occasional throw aways.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    If it's heading out the door then it's fair game.... substitue a few of your old male things for what ever you take out and call it even!!! hehe

Love Karren
    Have to agree with sister Karren! Finders keepers.

I look at is as: you can either get it for free or pay goodwill for it. Consider them hand me downs.

I did the raid, as I already said. Thanks to all you I feel almost no guilt about it, and I have some new clothes. Wish I could raid her closet though. She has some clothes that I would loooove.

Does the stuff fit properly???

If YES, go for it!
    If not, get your own stuff.