Thread: Chickened out

Unhappy Chickened out

Inspired by peoples stories about how CD friendly Victoria's Secret stores can be, and wanting to find a nice bra that fits well, I stopped in VS last night. I've made a number of purchases at VS stores, with only a little bit of nervousness when the purchase was for myself, but this was the first time I was looking to get something that I'd have to try on to ensure proper sizing.

Unfortunately, I was there when the store was pretty busy. One of the sales associates said "Hi" at some point, but none of them asked me if they could help me. And, I couldn't get past shyness/nervousness to approach one to ask for help. Eventually I left the store, without making a purchase.

Ah well, another time perhaps. Thanks for listening to me vent.

-KatieC

It's not a test. Don't feel bad - try again at a time the store will likely be quieter.
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Its ok. Don't worry. I've been there, done that.
    You know what they say, "If first you don't succeed try, try, again".
    The VS staff are helpful, courteous, and HOT!! Well, from my experiences.
    But, it is better to go on an off day when they're not busy.
    Last edited by joann07; 05-18-2007 at 10:45 AM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

VS treats me the best out of all of them. Mainly, because I treat the sales staff nicely, and I do tip them after a purchase.
    But don't go in there when it's really crowded, they could be really rushed. GG's are not a patient species, and most of them are rude, and give the sales staff less than courteous behavior.

I here you Katie. I'm going to be going there next week for my first time purchasing some items for myself. I figure this would be the best place to start out with for some panties and a bra.

Cindy

I have not had any bad experiences yet, just be sweet open and thoughtful, and most people will treat you the same in return.

And by the way, I have in the past chickened out. And now I dont even hesitate after getting over the idea I would be run out on a rail. I go anywhere I want now and would not change back for the world.
    Last edited by Holly; 05-19-2007 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts

I have turned around and walked out of women's stores when it's too crowded. A little bit of nervousness, but a lot of knowing I won't be waited on the way I feel I need to be to ensure a good shopping experience.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

This has happend to me soooo many times I cant even count them all. It sucks to get your hopes up then last second your gut isnt agreeing with what you planned. Soon enough you'll do it, just do it when it feels right for you.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Go on a Tuesday. They are the least busy shopping day in general.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

YOU PATHETIC MISERABLE LITTLE COWARD!

I've only done the same thing about a thousand times, don't worry about it.l
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Go early in the morning like right when they open. You will get great service and there's nobody there except for the few housewives.
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

I have had great service at two different VS stores. Both times when the SA asked if I need any help, I told them I was looking for myself and they were very helpful. One even went as far as to tell me if I needed to try on anything to let her know and she would setup a fitting room for me. One gave me her business card and I made sure that I went up on the VS web site and fillled out a complimentary card on both SA's. I hope it helped may their day.

I Know How You Feel

I went to buy some panties one time, figured that I would give it a try. When I went to check out I got the strangest look from the casher. I also went to get some clip ons so I could use hook style earing's since my ears are not pierced. I keep telling the sales girl that I was looking for my wife since she could not wear them anymore. Never did get what I wanted. Felt kind of strange about it. But, I wont give up.
    Jessica

Thank you all for your kind works. There will be a next time, I'm sure.

I just needed to vent a bit, because I felt like I let myself down.

- KatieC

PS

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    YOU PATHETIC MISERABLE LITTLE COWARD!

I've only done the same thing about a thousand times, don't worry about it.l

Hee hee, thank you! Made me practically fall out of my chair laughing! Which would have raised interesting questions, at the very least, had a co-worker seen me on the floor. . . .

But I do so need to be reminded to laugh at myself. Everything's so much better in my head when I can see how ridiculous I can be, and laugh. There's nothing wrong with being a little ridiculous, as long as you CAN laugh at yourself, after all.

weve all been there. there will be plenty of other opportunities and when it works it will be a sweet moment. if it didnt feel the right moment then it probably wasnt the right moment!

mitch

Smile Chickened out

Quote Originally Posted by Tamma View Post
    Go early in the morning like right when they open. You will get great service and there's nobody there except for the few housewives.
    Right on. . .for any kind of shopping. Remember by the end of the day these Sa's have been on their feet all day probably putting up with difficult customers. Most people are just more pleasant in the morning. . .that is except me. . .I am pleasant all the time. . .yuk yuk

Rita

Some suggest go first thing in the morning.

That's great if you are not working though.

go back hun
    Angie