Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quasi-Acceptence...

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    Wonderful. It sounds pretty positive to me.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

That would make my day too! What a wonderful step in the right direction. I think that all people have to struggle with change and differences in perception to some degree or another. They often need "permission" to acknowledge and express acceptance. When an opportunity comes up, they can occasionally use it to deal with an issue or situation that they have struggled with. Sometimes people who could not otherwise deal with changes or new ways of perceiving actually wait for a "sign."
    In this case, it seems as though the sign was the older woman getting out of her car, and Karren's wife was there to observe and to share an observation that gave her an opening to talk about what is still an uncomfortable topic for her.
    Now that she's done it once, I would guess that it will happen again--maybe soon. She teased on this occasion. I think that that's a very good sign.
    All that being said, I'm just delighted that it happened and somewhat envious. Perhaps my SO will see her "sign" and take a step in Linnea's direction one day.
    Thank you so much for sharing this, Karren!
    warmly, Linnea

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Now that is the sort of remark I would just LOVE to hear coming from my SO!!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think I just had a taste of acceptence.... smallish in comparison but definately not Un-Acceptence...

We were at the mall so the son could drop of his tux from the prom last night, and while he was inside, my wife and I were setting in the van, chatting.... And this little old lady pulls up along side, parks and gets out.. I comment "looks like she's dressed for winter" and my wife replys "that's going to be what you look like when you get that age"..... Huh?? She smiles and I say "Yeah but not in a pair of bright pink polyester slacks like she's wearing, I perfer skirts" She looks at me and kind of cracks a smile.... kind of and just shakes her head.....

WOW..... That's like neat!!! Made my day for sure......

Love Karren
    Wow at least you wont end up ;ooking like me now that would suck