Thread: Crossdressing in Asia

Crossdressing in Asia

I've been in Manila for the past week and noticed quite a few crossdressers and transsexuals. The reason must be that it's easier for Asian's, who are genetically petite, to pass. I've also read that the Philippines, and especially Manila, are much more tolerant of "baklas" (gay/transgendered, whatever) than any place in the US. I thought that was interesting.

My manager had a pedicure done by a transsexual who said that most travel to Switzerland to have sex reassignment surgery done. No idea why; I would have guessed Bangkok or Hong Kong.

Crossdressing pops-up everywhere!

I love hearing about things like that... Not that I'll ever be there, but interesting all the same.
    Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many cultures seem to be able to get past the Western image of "tough" guys and demure women and seem to have no problem with accepting others for who they are.

I spent several years in the Philippines while in the Navy. The also call them Benny Boys there.

Acceptance is kind of a mixed bag in the P.I., with a large portion of the femail populace as hookers. Some don't care, some make fun or laugh at them. I was married to a girl from a town south of Manila, and she was not at all tollerant of TS people. Thought they looked stupid and were automatically gay.

Admittedly most of the Bakla that I encountered were very efemminate and flamboyant. I am suprised to hear that the ones you encountered go all the way to Switzerland when Thailand is closer. Maybe the cost is cheaper, or if they have to "work off" the surgical fees, then Switzerland or Amsterdam make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 5inchHeels View Post
    I've been in Manila for the past week and noticed quite a few crossdressers and transsexuals. The reason must be that it's easier for Asian's, who are genetically petite, to pass. I've also read that the Philippines, and especially Manila, are much more tolerant of "baklas" (gay/transgendered, whatever) than any place in the US. I thought that was interesting.

My manager had a pedicure done by a transsexual who said that most travel to Switzerland to have sex reassignment surgery done. No idea why; I would have guessed Bangkok or Hong Kong.

Buddism vs christianity. Buddists beleive in karma

Wish it was like that here
    Angie

[SIZE="3"]So do Christians, they just call it the golden rule, "do unto others....."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by 5inchHeels View Post

Lack of facial and body hair, also...

Thailand is also very liberal when it comes to CD's and others.

I went to Thailand on business several years ago. I was told that the Most beautiful women in Thailand were not women. I also was told that Thailand was also the Aids capitol of the world.

Being a Filpino-American (U.S. born), I definitely have advantage as far as passing. However, I've seen some non-Asian CDers who look like VS models and they're amazingly beautiful. I'm always wishing I had breasts like theirs, but unfortunately Asian women are typically known to have small ones. Oh well.

For me, I'm not as petite (5'5 without heels, approx 165 lbs) as typical Filipino males, but I'm constantly practicing being in femme (i.e. putting on makeup and all) so I'll look well enough to pass (See my profile picture).
    Last week, I was browsing around at a Burlington Coat Factory and an SA, who was also Filipino, asked if I was a Filipina.
    When I responded back, I said "Si" as in "Yes", in Spanish. I have no idea why I said it that way, I guess I was caught by surprise, but after that I just smiled back and continued to browse. She didn't give me any funny looks or anything and just went back to what she was doing.
    I've also had comments from several other GGs that I look completely passable and not only does it make me feel good, but it builds up my confidence knowing that I can go out and blend in.

I've always known that there a lot of Filipinos, in the P.I., who are gay and they're not shy to hide it. In other words, there are those who are flamingly gay and will flaunt it. When I was there back in 1991, me and my friends, were at a club and saw this "Balka" dancing with a gay caucasian. His mannerisms were so flamingly exaggerated that we almost puked when it looked like they were about to kiss. It was a scary sight, but the people around us weren't really surprised.

For me, I'm so totally not gay and crossdressing is as far as I'll go. I have no intentions of doing sex reassignment surgery so I'll leave that to the "Baklas" over there.
    Last edited by joann07; 05-22-2007 at 01:53 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Kyoko
    Yes,Yes,Thailand has some of the most prettiest Transexuals that you
    will ever see in the world.My Wife that passed away last year had
    SRS surgery in Bangkok,Thailand.She was a Transexual.The total cost
    was around $20,000 and she was treated very,very good she said.
    Yes,Yes the SRS Operation was a complete success and she was very
    happy to finally complete her transistion from, MTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    [SIZE=3]So do Christians, they just call it the golden rule, "do unto others....."[/SIZE]

Yep just make sure you do it with bigger weapons systems and a huge buget before they fade away