Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quasi-Acceptence...

Quasi-Acceptence...

I think I just had a taste of acceptence.... smallish in comparison but definately not Un-Acceptence...

We were at the mall so the son could drop of his tux from the prom last night, and while he was inside, my wife and I were setting in the van, chatting.... And this little old lady pulls up along side, parks and gets out.. I comment "looks like she's dressed for winter" and my wife replys "that's going to be what you look like when you get that age"..... Huh?? She smiles and I say "Yeah but not in a pair of bright pink polyester slacks like she's wearing, I perfer skirts" She looks at me and kind of cracks a smile.... kind of and just shakes her head.....

WOW..... That's like neat!!! Made my day for sure......

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[SIZE="3"]Sure beats the "Your sleeping on the coach tonight, you freak!" alternitive.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Good. It seems that these joking little remarks are sometimes the only safe way to deal with a subject that can't be discussed directly. The other day in the middle of a lot of rushing around, my wife said, "don't get your panties in a bunch." I got that same semi-smile you got, and the mood improved considerably.

Elizabeth

At least you'll look like a little old lady. I'd probably end up looking like "Quasi"modo.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    At least you'll look like a little old lady. I'd probably end up looking like "Quasi"modo.
    [SIZE="3"]Sal, I'm saying nothing

Anna x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

My wife has done some things like that to me too. I don't know about you and your wife Karen. But when my wife does do things like that to me it makes my heart jump a bit and I feel so much better about me. The thing is she has no idea how really good it makes me feel inside. even when I tell her she still has no idea how it makes me feel.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

I think you will make a good looking old lady Karren
    Angie

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Every little helps! I probabaly already told you this, but my wife says that gentle exposure to something you are not too keen on is a good thing if you are looking to improve on your current position. She also says sometimes cding for SOs can be like trying new food - you have to have a taste of it at least 10 times before you start to get a liking for it.

In other words, the more you see and hear about something (on your own terms and your own exposure), the less threatening it becomes. Maybe, just maybe, your wife is beginning to think about things and she is less threatened and is now (somewhat) quasi-accepting.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

"WOW..... That's like neat!!! Made my day for sure"

I think it's neat too.....
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

That's interesting. I had wondered if your wife knew and had thought about asking you.

Duh. I guess I should have read a few more posts before asking my last question. Sorry for the stupidy.

Karren, That's neat and puts a great big smile on my face, particularly picturing you as a babushka traipsing through the snow on your way to a clearance sale at Kohls.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post

Not with that smile, you won't.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

fantastic, girlie...new roads, new frontiers...right on!

I figure when you have lost the sense of humor, its time to hang up the skates!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    She looks at me and kind of cracks a smile.... kind of and just shakes her head.....
    Was that a "There you go again, you being you.." kind of smile? Acceptance comes in all shapes and sizes.

So yes, definately I would agree, a non-unaccepting (love your double negatives), quasi hopefull possibly OK sort-of thingy.

Truely, I am happy for you.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

That's great, it may be a small one but I say it's a victory

That is the coolest thing ever Karen. Your a killer example and good Karma is due to you

Slowly, surely, little by little. You'll probably look better and still be setting the pace for the rest of us as a little old woman!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Aha, it's the thin edge of the wedge I tell you! Humour is the best way to get around her disapproval, we have to be able to laugh at ourselves. Congrats, it's a step in the right direction.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think I just had a taste of acceptence.... smallish in comparison but definately not Un-Acceptence...

We were at the mall so the son could drop of his tux from the prom last night, and while he was inside, my wife and I were setting in the van, chatting.... And this little old lady pulls up along side, parks and gets out.. I comment "looks like she's dressed for winter" and my wife replys "that's going to be what you look like when you get that age"..... Huh?? She smiles and I say "Yeah but not in a pair of bright pink polyester slacks like she's wearing, I perfer skirts" She looks at me and kind of cracks a smile.... kind of and just shakes her head.....

WOW..... That's like neat!!! Made my day for sure......

Love Karren
    It is a game of inches and sometimes we forget that. We're talking about major changes in mindset and those don't necessarily come easy. However, with patience good things can happen.

It feels good when the acceptance comes home with us. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Ann View Post
    Good. It seems that these joking little remarks are sometimes the only safe way to deal with a subject that can't be discussed directly. The other day in the middle of a lot of rushing around, my wife said, "don't get your panties in a bunch." I got that same semi-smile you got, and the mood improved considerably.

Elizabeth
    I get little bits of banter like that - dressing to go out she said 'youre not getting an outfit from the car' (knowing that my gear is stored there) but with a twinke. then the next day we get a more negative response. i guess there will be ups and downs but were still talking and im getting a little more confident in discussion now. still thinks its an illness which can be cured though and wont go to support group or access this site

mitch

It's only baby steps now but someday maybe you won't have to change in the men's room and change at home without the hockey equipment in the bag.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

karren miracles never sease my wife was like that for years and then one day i think it was after the fourth kid got married she figured it was easer to join in and have fun that to trade me in on sme one else she might have to train all over agin

susie