Thread: Wedding Question for all us ladies.

Just being my true self wtb Jessica's Avatar

Wedding Question for all us ladies.

When you do get married or if you could do it over again would you wear a wedding dress, no matter what if there was any way possable? I would definitely do what ever i had to do to wear one. I think thats why i bought one back in 06 near the end of summer from a david's bridal. It took me almost 4 months for the whole process. That's because i went through the whole process that a bride would go through. browsing for some dresses, trying on many different one's, narrowing it down, and then picking the one. Then theres the fitting before and after alterations. Even got a veil, smooth seamless longline bra, and above eblow matte sattin gloves. loved every min of it. Would do some thing like that again if i could afford it. Spent about $760.40 total. got some on sale. dress was $50 off of regular price. Only thing was could not bring my self to say it was just for me. Made up a story that it was a wedding where the bride wanted the gromes to wear a white wedding dress and the brides maids to wear full tux.
    girl that loves to shopping and would like to be under stood by family.

I would LOVE to. My wife and I ran away and got married 8 years ago. We are planning on doing it (hetting married) again at the 10 year mark. She has said she wants to wear a nice wedding dress this time. I told her I wanted one too but she would probably not go for it, and I know how much she is looking forward to doing it, so...I'll let her have her day...Then get the dress altered to fit me and hope for the best at the 15 year mark :P

Banned Read only
    no way. i had not found that side of me yet and would not sacrifice the 17 years we had with me being him 24/7. it has only been in the last 3 months that i have tried to find my feminine side and started to enjoy it emensly. my wife is (as far as i know ) supporting me entirely( buys clothing helps with hair and makeup) and seems to be happy to do so.

It would be wonderful to get married in a beautiful gown. I've dreamed about that many times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kyoko
    My Wife at the time we got married was a transexual.It had taken her some
    time to transition.She had been married before as a man,but this time she
    going to be married as a Transexual (woman) she wore a White Wedding
    dress that she picked out.Yes,yes if you are wondering for all reading this
    yes,yes we got a real marriage license.Most TS Girls hope to aspire to be
    married some day and be a Wife.I think she was over whelmed by the moment
    and by what was happening and by what she was able to do.
    My dear Wife passsed away last year.She was a very pretty Bride,Wife

Choking back the tears....

Kyoko I'm saddened by this news of your wife, but happy to know that you two found each other. All my best wishes go out to you.
    Dixie
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoko View Post
    My Wife at the time we got married was a transexual.It had taken her some
    time to transition.She had been married before as a man,but this time she
    going to be married as a Transexual (woman) she wore a White Wedding
    dress that she picked out.Yes,yes if you are wondering for all reading this
    yes,yes we got a real marriage license.Most TS Girls hope to aspire to be
    married some day and be a Wife.I think she was over whelmed by the moment
    and by what was happening and by what she was able to do.
    My dear Wife passsed away last year.She was a very pretty Bride,Wife
    Sory to hear about your wife. But this is hopfully a true insperation for some others. By saying that if you really want it and work at it it could happen. I know this just gave me more confidence to try and be me.

I'd love to wear a wedding dress!!!! If only there was someone to propose.....
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Any one else come on i know their got be more of us please don't be shy.

Jean(my wife) said recently that she would like to see our chapter of Tri Ess to have some kind of group wedding where we could all wear wedding dresses.

I would love to!

I would love to walk down the aisle in a beautiful gown with train and veil. I suppose one would have to pose for pictures. Then, there is dancing at the reception, the limo ride. I suppose one could have wedding lingerie and honeymoon in the islands,and, and.....Oh,My!!!!
    Last edited by AngelaNicoleSmith; 05-25-2007 at 07:21 AM.

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    when i find my perfect partner and and get married, i'd love to do it wearing a beautiful dress as i've always wanted to get married that way, hopefully one day i will
    Although i'm a witch, I can be nice as well (honestly)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Hermi...son/1527490088

Also check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermionesimpson

Kyoko,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine how that must hurt.
    ((( Kyoko )))
    Kim

My SO promised me that if I ever did propose to her we could have 2 different ceremonies, the traditional with family, and then the "non-traditional" with our friends.

The entire wedding dress experience is something I have dreamed about for as long as I can remember. A friend of mine let me try on her wedding dress a couple of years ago and it was like heaven, especially since it fit.

Kyoko, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think it is nice to hear you thoughts and wishes on this topic. this is just what i was looking for when i created the post.

Sorry for you Kyoko wish it had worked out.

me too i love your dress btw. and if i ever get the chance i will, just need to find the right person

absolutely

I would definitely, absolutely, if at all possible, wear a wedding gown if I ever got married again... Since there is only one person I would ever marry again (my wife and soulmate, of course), it would have to be a sort of renewal of our vows... However, she is against my crossdressing and has been since we had children, so it would be rather difficult to get around that...

I have often thought of doing a "mock wedding" with a male groom, since I have always wanted to experience as realistic a wedding as possible from the bride's side of the aisle... I really enjoy the whole contrast between male and female, and the contrast is greatest in a wedding... I have always wanted to actually wear the white satin wedding gown and look to all observers as obviously female, and "marry" an obviously male groom in a black tux -- just to experience that contrast from within the satin and lace of my wedding dress and veil and heels...

I have worn wedding gowns before, for bridal portraits at a photo studio (with a wonderful GG photographer!) and my mother (who was very accepting and supportive of my dressing) let me wear her wedding gown (with everything, and I do mean everything) when I was 14 -- she basically gave me my own "wedding day" when I was that age... Her gown was one of those '60s styles with the really full floor-length organza skirt, short sleeves and scoop neckline with a big bow on back... I have a small collection of bridal and bridesmaid/prom dresses I have acquired over the years, and (so far) my wife hasn't thrown them out (thank goodness!)...

Anyway, that's my two cents!
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

Y'know, it's very interesting. That's probably the one circumstance where I don't feel the slightest interest to present myself en femme. Now this is absolutely not to cast aspersions on those who would like to do the wedding gown thing. I certainly understand the impulse. Still, for me getting married and making the vows to Helene was most genuinely masculine thing I have done in my life: swearing fidelity, promising to provide for her and for my children, promising to be a good husband and father. Those were vows that I treasure having made as a man. It's not that I don't think women are incapabable of making reciprocal vows - far from it - but the day would not have had the same meaning for me if I were presenting the part of me that is Erica.

Reasonable minds can differ and I stress that this is not to denigrate those who would like to re-visit the ceremony with their fem side dominant.

Erica
    Last edited by EricaCD; 05-25-2007 at 09:03 PM.
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f