Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously Debating Shaving Legs...

Seriously Debating Shaving Legs...

I've been doing it on a regular basis since January, but I recently stopped to let it grow back for the summer. Now the urge to do it again is growing stronger all the time. I want my nice smooth feminine legs back. My parents would understand my reasons, nobody else would notice except my sister, who does not know this part of me. She would notice for sure, and when she did, I could easily just tell her that I'd lost a bet with a friend of mine (this story has been prepared since January). So really, I see no reason not to just do it, except for teh fact that I'm still nervous about my sister catching on.

Anyone got any thoughts or advice for me?

Edit: This is my 400th post!
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

I used to let the hair grow back every summer also, but I finally stopped doing so several years ago, figuring the heck with it, I'm going to do what makes me happy. The funny thing is that no one ever made mention of them until I came out of the closet. Of course, it probably helped that my legs weren't that hairy to begin with.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Mmm, given a choice, between shaved legs and a pink-mohawk hair-cut, with a safety pin through your nose...................I'd take the shaved legs.

Hey, seriously though, if GGs can choose not to shave and wear pants all year, you should be able to shave your legs, after all, it is your body.

I keep mine shaved year round and no one has ever said anything.

I don't understand why your sister should be a concern.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely View Post
    I don't understand why your sister should be a concern.
    Because you don't know her, lol. Not to be sarcastic or anything, but she has a very overly sensitive gaydar, rendering it (in my opinion) useless. The slightest hint of feminine behaviour makes a man gay in her eyes.

The "I lost a bet" excuse is very, very tired. Plus, it only works for shaving once. If you want to have your legs shaved all the time, you need to not use that excuse. "Who'd you lose the bet to? What was the bet?" etc..etc..

If your parents know, come out to your sister. If nobody knows, just say "I like it better that way. If you didn't shave your legs, you wouldn't want me pestering you about having hairy legs!" or some such

Shaving Legs

Why not tell your sister? Even if you can't, YOU should shave anyway. Your comfort level is whats is most important and to me there is nothing that feels better than slipping between the sheets with freshly shaven legs. Even better than wearing a thong the first time, and it never seems to wear off (the feeling). I shave 2-3 times a week and even Nair Once in a while. No-one has ever said a thing, not even my 3 year old grand-daughter.... opps, once a cousin (female)asked if I shaved my legs, I simply replied YES I DO, nothing else was ever said. That happened about 2 years after I started shaving, and have been shaving for 5-6 years. LOVE THE FEEL, and I figure why should the real women be more comfortable than men.

bbarnsworth, I anticipated all those questions, including the reason for doing it all summer. Basicly the bet was with my best friend, about our marks, and if I lost I'd have to shave my legs all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by phil_jessica View Post
    bbarnsworth, I anticipated all those questions, including the reason for doing it all summer. Basicly the bet was with my best friend, about our marks, and if I lost I'd have to shave my legs all summer.
    As a "humiliation" no doubt, right? Nice to be "humiliated" sometimes, huh?

Please tell your sister, YOU MAY BE REALLY SURPRISED I know I was. I told everyone in my family, aunts, uncles, brothers sisters, KIDS,(except grand kids),everyone in the family........... NOT ONE BAD RESPONSE!!!!!!! AND I COME FROM A GREAT PLAINS STATE (KANSAS)... A year later I moved to CA. so we would be closer to the kids and GRAND DAUGHTERS... LOVIN IT.
    Well into my 50s, married to a beautiful woman, wearing womens clothing every opportunity.

I plan on telling my sister sometime in the next few months. It's going to take some preparation and a trip to my counsellor beforehand, and I want to shave my legs before all that can happen.

I started shaving my legs last year and had the same fears you did, but after I did it, I realized that nobody really notices. I also have a sister and I've been around her many times when I'm wearing shorts. I just treat every encounter like every other day and she doesn't pay attention.
    As long as I don't make it obvious, or draw attention to it, nobody will care to look.
    Last edited by joann07; 05-25-2007 at 02:34 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

So what happens the next summer?

It's a tired excuse, and to many is quite transparent. What kind of bet would involve shaving legs?

when i started to shave my legs no one notice them . so there was nothing to say

i feel you should shave your legs anyway , and if your sister says anything tell her the truth .......then you will be free

Hugs from Stacey Stacey_At_Times's Avatar
    I was only asked twice if I shaved my legs and both times I simply answered yes in an ordinary “matter of fact’ way and continued to talk. In that sense, no matter what the other person thinks, there is no issue or judgment – just a fact. To me shaving is nothing unusual, so it is nothing to hide nor something to brag about. I am comfortable about it and would not want to make someone uncomfortable over it. Give them a hug, not an excuse.

Aspiring Member
    I have been totally shaved now for over 3 years and have not had a comment from any one, even though i expected some comments from the people i work with.

A couple of years ago, i had to have a medical procedure done. The nurse went to shave me, where they were going to do the procedure and her comment was, you are already shave.

I feel so much better being totally shaved and not having to put up with the ugly hair.

Denise

I lost the bet is as already stated an excuse for thge short term. Other good ones apply if you swim or ride the thinned tired road bicycles. Quite a few men shave their legs to reduce wind drag on their body.

If someone asks about why you still shave after the bet period has run its course then the response can be honest with no need for a lot of further explanation by just saying, "I actually like it that way!".

Just being my true self wtb Jessica's Avatar
    It is beter to be your self than to kid your self i try to say at times. especially about something like this. So i say just do it. I Do!
    girl that loves to shopping and would like to be under stood by family.

Quote Originally Posted by wtb Jessica View Post
    It is beter to be your self than to kid your self i try to say at times. especially about something like this. So i say just do it. I Do!
    I agree. What seemed to be a big deal to me turned out to be nothing at all.
    People don't notice my shaved legs so I'm not conscious about it anymore.
    Dooooo it!! Doo it now!!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Platinum Member
    lol just shaved mine last night now getting ready to go to wall mart and a few other places shopping ....it's delightfully hot and tank top and short shorts.... no one will care or notice,......

Because you don't know her, lol. Not to be sarcastic or anything, but she has a very overly sensitive gaydar, rendering it (in my opinion) useless. The slightest hint of feminine behaviour makes a man gay in her eyes.
    Oh, sorry to hear that.

Hmmm, does this mean you can't go traipsing through the house, singing "Tiptoe through the tulips"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i shaved my shoulders and told my wife I was thinking about getting a tattoo. i continue the story, saying i can't make up my mind. she hasn't criticized the shaved shoulders, so i might just remain undecisive for a long time.

It should be a no-brainer. Just do it!

Tell your sister you are taking up bike riding. Most riders shave their legs.

[SIZE="3"]I don't know about where you live but, here is redneck central and no one has noticed my shaved legs yet all spring! Go For It!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Silver Member
    All these excuses!!

Geez, what's the matter with, "Because I want to"? You are acting pretty wimpy here. So, your sister has an active gaydar (a term a detest, by the way). Are you gay? If you are not, what is the big deal? If you are, and you don't want her to know, you are only fooling yourself. Your sister knows you are gay already.

Shaving whatever body part is a pretty personal decision, isn't it? Whose business is it what you shave and where?

I shave year round and no one has ever made any comment, one way or the other. No one paid any attention. When I first shaved, I looked at other men's legs and decided that I couldn't tell if they shaved their legs or not. So I decided that if I couldn't tell by looking at other men, they couldn't tell by looking at me. After I shaved I was actually sort of disapointed that NO ONE ever said anything at all.

So loose the silly excuses, hon, and shave your legs if you want to. It's your business, and no one else will care. Read the other posts here. EVERYONE is saying the same thing.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

To Quote a respected Girl here "Who gives a flying fart". This will be my first summer shaved, given I do have the support of my wife and kido. (Wife knows I like to CD).

Oh well, at 43, I just don't care what they think anymore. This is me.....

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...