Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The joy of smooth legs

The joy of smooth legs

I usually have my legs shaved, but don't always have the time to keep them that way. At the moment I am working away from home and have some spare time in the evening. So last night I set to and did a really thorough job. My legs are now so smooth and the feeling is exquisite. Makes me vow I'll never go back to hairy legs again.

I agree, there is nothing worse than fur sticking through your nylons....BJ

Junior Member Melissa Jane Martin's Avatar
    Ditto here too. I am getting ready (once again!) to shave. Dreading the itching though.
    May The Force Be With You!

I have been shaving too!

I like the smooth legs also! When do you transition to waxing though? I think I remember needing a little hair above the skin so the cloth can grab it! Does that mean you have to wait to have stubble or a little more hair on the leg! How does that work?

Dana

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar
    Don't you just love the tingly feeling when your bare flesh feels cloth against it? Without hair coming in-between?
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Hey Girls, Some of us seem to only shave in the winter and let it grow in the summer. I guess it's to avoid the question and answer thing....I don't care what anybody else thinks, mine are smooth year round. The only person that I need and want approval from is my wife, she loves them smooth and that's the way they stay! Luvs Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I must say that I for one have been blessed with very little hair on my legs. That has in the past caused a lot of teasing in the summer. I does however make it easier to shave or wax and have silky smooth legs without drawing any more attention than I already had.

Michelle
    You go girl!

Oh, sadly, I must grow the summer coat. As much as I love the summer time( Wife looks even better with the tan and all) sadly, shaved legs in the summer just don't work for me yet. Come on October, here I am wishing my life away. Oh well..

Shaving Legs

No kidding. I had to go two months and not shave. Hated the feel and as soon as I got back I shaved. Took two seperate shavings to get back to the feeling you described. I totally agree that nothing feels beter than smooth, silky legs.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Deanna,

I know exactly what you mean. It feels "great to the touch" after shaving your legs. I shave my legs (and most parts of my body) all year round. I especially like the summer because that's when I can "get my legs out" I'll shave twice a week during summer (only once a week in the winter) and I'll apply fake tanning lotion because I think my legs look a million times better if they're tanned as well as smooth when I'm wearing shorts, skorts, or skirts.

P.S. I have never had anyone say anything to me about my legs when in boy mode, (I wear long pants to work) even though I'm wearing women's t-shirt, shorts, and saltwater sandals in the summer. They've looked down once or twice but they've never said anything. I just carry on like its nothing.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I like your style. I don't have much hair either. I have no quams about shaving my whole body. No one seems to notice or care.

I agree, can not stand the feeling of hair on my legs, or body. I shave my legs daily, Sugar my back and chest about every 4-5 weeks. Nothing like the feeling of a nice skirt on clean shaved legs..hehehehe......

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Eewww! Hairy legs? I can't do that any more. Once you start, you wont want to quit. (The itching goes away after you do it regularly for a while.) And... You'd be surprised, a lot of women really like the smooth feel. In fact, there are very few women that really like the prickly feel of a mustache, unless you have really fine soft hair, maybe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Account is closed
    I adore smooth legs. I hate shorts (but love skirts go figure ) so I wear pants all year round. I have an average amount of hair but am blessed with light blond hair on my legs and almost none on my thighs so shaving is easy for me.

I splurged and bought a Mach 3 from Gillette and let me say it has made shaving so much better! Now unless you love pink like I do, the boy's razors are the exact same as the girls so don't waste money or that awkward feeling of reaching for something in the forbidden "her" zone.

on a non sequitur note... cats are not romantic when they woo their mates (two of em are going at it as I type this)

I use a Venus razor and it's definitely designed for a woman.

When you're in the shower and shaving your legs, it's easier to hold the razor at the end of the handle. That one is designed to be held that way and I like it.

I think that I'm worth the extra expense.

Try it, you'll like it. Especially if you shave in the shower where things can get a bit slippery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Account is closed
    Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    I use a Venus razor and it's definitely designed for a woman.

When you're in the shower and shaving your legs, it's easier to hold the razor at the end of the handle. That one is designed to be held that way and I like it.

I think that I'm worth the extra expense.

Try it, you'll like it. Especially if you shave in the shower where things can get a bit slippery.

That is a great point! I think I may just have to pick one up. Now to only find a way to stop fearing the knees!

On a gender safari
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Jane Martin View Post
    Dreading the itching though.
    Moisturize your legs after you shave. That will help with the itchiness (a lot!).
    "If we hide who we are for the convenience of others, we 'pass' ourselves up in the process."

I am cursed with a hairy body, and further cursed with everyone KNOWING I have a hairy body. Thus, as much as it kills me, I have to let the hair grow back this summer. Hopefully I'll be out enough by next summer to just not care anymore. Who knows, that might happen this summer. The only one I'm truly worried about is my sister, who does not know about me.

Maybe I'll bite the bullet and keep shaving this summer. Me and a friend of mine have a story planned out should anyone notice. I lost a bet with her over our marks, and so I had to shave my legs for the summer. Does that sound believable?
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

Marie,

Venus rocks! I so agree. In a shower it makes shaving a breeze, fun, not so bad, Looking forward to a shower tomorrow. heheh

Jessica,

When I first started to shave I worried about family, friends, wife, kido. Well turns out my family said nothing, my wife (gave her warning) deals with the legs, loves the smooth back and chest. The kido thinks I am "way cool dad". Best part, "I look great in a dress now".

Go figure.

Kisses.

SandyR
    Last edited by SandyR; 05-07-2007 at 11:23 PM.

Well what else can you say... Nothing beats a great pair of legs.

The clean look is in! Just do it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    Jessica,

When I first started to shave I worried about family, friends, wife, kido. Well turns out my family said nothing, my wife (gave her warning) deals with the legs, loves the smooth back and chest. The kido thinks I am "way cool dad". Best part, "I look great in a dress now".

Go figure.

Kisses.

SandyR
    My dad noticed (and I've worn nothing but long pants when I've been in drab since I shaved!), and I know my sister would, too. Considering I plan on coming out to her eventually, it wouldn't be a big deal to give her the "bet" story. Its plausible and rather comical, I think.

Banned Read only

Wax and shaving together

Quote Originally Posted by Dana921 View Post
    Does that mean you have to wait to have stubble or a little more hair on the leg! How does that work?
    You need way more than stubble, on average 1/4 to 1/2 inch. A bit less undearms. Repeating waxing makes the hair finer. A Brazilian pull does not thin you out down there however. Everyone is different in how much it hurts. I found out it really depends on the person performing the waxing. "Try at home" waxes just aren't as fine as salon wax from what I expereienced so it tends to hurt more. The one time I tried with a friend I screamed and stopped soon after starting.

I'd rather be caned instead :-)

Now I do use waxing in combination with shaving. There are places we just can't reach on our back. I remember my most embarrassing cross dress moment. I was wearing a cute short red dress with a dangerously low back cut. While slowly turning, showing off my hot number for a friend, she remarked ... "oh my, what have we here ... the Brazilian Rain Forrest"?

I perform a full shave at least 3 times a week now so nothing gets red anymore. Plus 5 blades are better then 2 or 3.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    You'd be surprised, a lot of women really like the smooth feel.
    I second that opinion LOUDLY. So do the GG's I know...

Jessica,

You have my respect, at 19 I was still sneaking off to dress (thought of shaving excited me, but I could not follow through), dating my now wife and just trying to get through school. Things seem to work out. At 43, its just a different way of thinking.

Hang in there!

Love your signature! The Who rocks!
    Hugs...

SandyR
    Last edited by SandyR; 05-07-2007 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks, Sandy! It's only a matter of time before I don't have to worry about this anymore, because I'll be out anyway. So I can bear it for the mean time. And thanks, I love this signature too. Too bad it'll have to change in October when I leave "teenage wasteland."