Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snippet of conversation...

Snippet of conversation...

Kerry and I often go on day trips with a small group of veterans and on our trip today I overheard part of a conversation that went like this.

1st woman; ..."I think some of the men who dress like women do it because they look better than women".

2nd woman; "...some of them do".

Under the circumstances, I decided not to join the conversation for fear that I might out myself. maybe I'm overly cautious about this but so be it.

Banned Read only
    not because we look better , (that maybe a bonus)but cause we like to. when you see 300 lb gg in spandex that only reaces half way round then you realize that anyone can pass with a bit of effort( no mustach)

ps. spandex is a priveledge not a right especialy when children are involved.( i know i'm not allowed to pretend to be the fashion police but being caty is all part of being a girl.)

You are so absolutely right. I think CD's take more pride in being women that a lot of women do. There are some sloppy looking women out there!

Rita B

I was with Lawren and yeah....but....as one of those slightly pudgy women, with my health problems, I try to wear comfortable first. Fashion is somewhere along the way, if they ever remember that the fluffy ladies would love pretty clothes too!

I think this is a very skewed way to look at this, I have seen many GG who present themselves very well, as well I have see a lot of GM who dress like slobs.

You can't generalize about this, everyone will dress to their comfort level, it is an individual choice made on what the situation is and what they are involved in at the time.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

[SIZE="3"]I don't know,.....this is dangerous territory we are in. Careful it doesn't go to an Us vs Them, cuz I'm with them. I have been married long enough to know which side to take [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Aaaaaaaaaagh... think its gross... 30stone woman wearing as we say in the uk... lycra... god have they no morals... even worse if I veiw it after too many beers .. but each to their own... I suppose if a 30stone woman saw me in a dress then the feeling might be mutual...
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I am a Man.

As a Man I have stronger or weaker traces of judgement that women *should* look pretty and feminine.

Women know, regardless of their dress, they ARE beautiful and ARE feminine.

My remaining pre-feminist expectations of women influence my expectations, and when I try to emulate a woman, guess what, I emulate how *I* think women *should* appear. I am outing myself as a patriarchal so-and-so. I don't think I'm misogynist, though some feminists may say that, by promoting demure or sexualized "feminine" stereotypes that I am.

I do think women look sexy in jeans and a hoodie...I fear that there is no way that I can ! Hence my tolerance of the fashion police shouting about women "dressing down." Hey Jeans and Hoodie is the current fashion....and would be fashion police saying otherwise are behind the time.

I admit I am dressing in several styles (demure, sexualized, retro) that modern women also choose to appeal to the retro-patriarchs among us.

I'm just choosing to appeal to the retro-partriarch in me, and my fellow T-Girls, and the men who might confront me if they didn't find something acceptable about me.....

Hows them apples ?

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Question Well, maybe I'm too naive...

If I can believe the avatars on this forum, some of you
    gurls are drop-dead gorgeous.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    My elderly mother used to come home from bingo and tell me about the spandex horrors she had just seen. She rues the day women stopped wearing girdles. That Sixties "let it all hang out" thing was not meant for grossly obese people. There really is virtue in modesty. So get home and take that thing off, and cover yourself up!

I'm over 300# and do not wear spandex. Just don't p*** me off, I'll be in a leotard and tights before you can say "Arr, Captain thar she blows!"
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    I'm over 300# and do not wear spandex. Just don't p*** me off, I'll be in a leotard and tights before you can say "Arr, Captain thar she blows!"
    but i'm sure that you would not go out in public like that, maybe to one of our houses to scare or thrill us but not where innocent kids could be harmed by the view or by flying buttons

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    OMG, this sooo cracks me up! As someone who's been on the heavier side most of their life (and am now giving weight watchers a go, tyvm), this thread hits home a touch. I like stretchy things, but they don't all necessarily agree with me. So, while I might buy something to wear at home because it makes me feel good, I'd dread what I'd look like in public in it. I think no matter the gender, style and taste are important.

Ok Ladies, we all have our desires, likes and dislikes. However, how someone looks, dresses and presents themselves is their choice. We are not required to like it, but we have no right to bash someone for expressing themsleves iin how they dress or look. That is exactly what each of us is trying to do in some way as dress and accessorize in private or out in the everyday world around us. As CDers we are continually looking for acceptance and tolerance. We need to practice this for others too. End of rant and off my soap box.

Quote Originally Posted by aluchi_aluchona View Post
    Ok Ladies, we all have our desires, likes and dislikes. However, how someone looks, dresses and presents themselves is their choice. We are not required to like it, but we have no right to bash someone for expressing themsleves iin how they dress or look. That is exactly what each of us is trying to do in some way as dress and accessorize in private or out in the everyday world around us. As CDers we are continually looking for acceptance and tolerance. We need to practice this for others too. End of rant and off my soap box.
    Thank you Aluchi for saying that.

Judge not, lest you be judged.

"I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    Kerry and I often go on day trips with a small group of veterans and on our trip today I overheard part of a conversation that went like this.

1st woman; ..."I think some of the men who dress like women do it because they look better than women".

2nd woman; "...some of them do".

Under the circumstances, I decided not to join the conversation for fear that I might out myself. maybe I'm overly cautious about this but so be it.
    The GGs I know are envious of us because we look better than them. Our 'Tight little arses and slim athletic legs' are much admired.

mitch

Why do some people feel they must justify themseles at the expense of others?!?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

You know people should wear what they feel comfy in, ok some don't get it right but that doesn't give any body the right to have a go or make fun of it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I'd still trade up

I'd still trade bodies with almost any GG. Ahhh! To have real curves!!! Of course, once I do find the GG that will trade and the technology to do it, just know that I'm whipping that shit into shape!

I, personally, think all women are beautiful in more ways than one.

I hate it when people make remarks about wieght. Let me tell you I was at the Grocery Store one night this week. A very full sized blonde haired lady was in the store...she was absolutely stunning!!! Actually took my breath away. She was very big...but had her cloths picked out perfectly for her body type. Her face was adorable and she had a great hairdo. The girl was working it and was prettier than some of the other women there that wieghed 100 pounds less.

As for the comments those ladies made I think one thrill for us is not that we can be pretter than GGs...its that we are so much better looking as a chick then we look as a guy! Some of the hottest Tgirls I know are really quite average looking as guys. Must be something about the bonestructure, lips, etc that while lending themselves as great features for being femmy don't quite add up to making for a handsome guy.

Anyway chill about the overwieght stuff...LOL...have to admit I am a bit big for a girl to so I must confess that might have something to do with me not liking that remark.

Best of times, and the worst of times.

I am not saying that western society dressed always better, before the hippy revolution, but, there were higher standards, modesty, classiness, that is not so common, today. It seems, like in those "old days", girls, were taught, by mothers, or high schools, about "ladylikeness", and ettiquette. Guys were taught some gentlemanliness. I realize, that society was way under tolerant, of cding, and other things, but, there was a certain goodness, that is missing, in today's culture, whioch is confused, and angry, and stressed, with marriage, and family in decline. I am an old bachelor! The mothers, grandmothers, and older sisters, and teachers, in home ec, usewd to teach the girls, to look ladylike, and this seldom happens, today. One reason I dress up, is to look like a lady, that I would be attrtacted to. There is a place, for jeans, and t-shirts, and hoodies, and running shoes, but, not all the time!!! I remember, in 1971, when girls, were first allowed to wear pants, in my school. Today, a skirt, or dress, is an ODDITY, in a school. I am not Catholic, but, I applaud them for school uniforms, including skirts, on girls! Some may be angry, but, thanks for hearing me out!

I think it's hilarious that you guys are getting down on how us GGs look when most of you can't seem to get out of the '****' wardrobe.

If I see another 50+ man in a micro mini skirt....

(in other words, just imagine what WE may think of YOU.)

This is an hilarious thread for a forum veteran like me.
    It's brilliant. And there you all are still posting with your ******** still in place. The place has gone soft.

But let me add a few things.

Not all women are beautiful. Some of them are plug ugly. Fat women wearing tight clothing is not attractive. Just because your mental chemicals are screwed doesn't turn you into bhudda.

Not all CDs are beautiful. Some of them are plug ugly. Fat Cds wearing mini skirts is enough to make your gonads retract. VAIN CDs who knock women are a bit puke making too.

I don't think the observations are invalid...but the tone is what gets up people's noses.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Hmm.. I suppose it depends on the way you look at it... which is the higher standard... enforced elegance, poise, chivalry or.. free expression, choice, defiance of conformity? I think modern fashion/ettiquette has more in common with the first than the last.. as the last includes the option to choose the expressions in the first which often gets frowned on by modern fashion fascists.

My standards are the latter, where a person of any size shape or appearance can be dignified or beautiful whether in a dress, a corset, lycra, rags or a paper bag. The old fashioned look is one I like. Many of my fashions are out of date, especially some of my male clothes which are off by a couple or more centuries. That's my choice because it's what I like.

Also beauty is not a standard, it is a subjective value. Many people like overweight women or hairy backed bald men. Just because the trend has changed and what the masses believe is the new standard for appearance doesn't mean that people with those likes dissapear, they just go underground.

Personally I believe that fashion rules are part of the enemy, conformity-more of the enemy, standards of beauty-even more wretched. Annorexia, bullemia, steroid abuse, depression.. the consequences aren't easilly ignored. I expect many would say that men wearing dresses is an unnattractive fashion no-no too.

I'll smile my gentle defiance.