Thread: The way we dress now vs. what if we were real-life GG

The way we dress now vs. what if we were real-life GG

How does your style of dressing and your imagination of how you'd dress/live as a woman compare to your thoughts of how you might actually appear today if you were born and raised female?

I think that I'd be "crunchy granola," not too concerned with shaving or makeup, more likely to wear jeans or shorts and a lot of cotton from under to outer. What I'd have in common with the way I like to dress up now would probably be denim miniskirts worn on occasion. The image I go for when I dress is less hippie, more preppie with a good amount of lace, heels, and some glamour. So image and "reality" wouldn't likely match. But that's one of the differences of having a wardrobe to crossdress and being female every day my whole life.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I have observed that GGs have in effect both a "Fem on" and "Fem off" mode. In each respective mode they dress and behave differently.

We have all seen the sexy fem woman "turn it on" and also "turn it off"--and go to a sex neutral or even quasi-masculine role and "take charge"---In the fem on mode they dress frilly and assume (usually) a submissive attitude and a typical female role" In the "fem off" mode---Often preceeded by a serious situation, or what for some is a "normal non fem mode. the clothing is more practical, the mind is sharper and more logical and they do what needs to be done.

I think most of us CDers imitate the GGs "fem on " mode. Us guys are not used to having two distinct operational modes---There is no "Male on " or "male off" mode to speak of.---at least not as distinct as in GGs----Indeed not acting like a man is something we avoid in male mode anyways.

GGs have it interesting as they can operate in on and off modes while we guys dont.---only male vs CD(pesudo "fem on")

Those of us CDs who tend to investigate less fem clothing and makeup (eg. pants +no makeup) may be reflecting a dawning awareness of the "realistic" Fem off mode of GGs

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve View Post
    I have observed that GGs have in effect both a "Fem on" and "Fem off" mode. In each respective mode they dress and behave differently.

We have all seen the sexy fem woman "turn it on" and also "turn it off"--and go to a sex neutral or even quasi-masculine role and "take charge"---In the fem on mode they dress frilly and assume (usually) a submissive attitude and a typical female role" In the "fem off" mode---Often preceeded by a serious situation, or what for some is a "normal non fem mode. the clothing is more practical, the mind is sharper and more logical and they do what needs to be done.

I think most of us CDers imitate the GGs "fem on " mode. Us guys are not used to having two distinct operational modes---There is no "Male on " or "male off" mode to speak of.---at least not as distinct as in GGs----Indeed not acting like a man is something we avoid in male mode anyways.

GGs have it interesting as they can operate in on and off modes while we guys dont.---only male vs CD(pesudo "fem on")

Those of us CDs who tend to investigate less fem clothing and makeup (eg. pants +no makeup) may be reflecting a dawning awareness of the "realistic" Fem off mode of GGs
    Great observation! I totally agree.

Rita

I have found, since I do dress daily, that the casual look of slacks, jeans or shorts is fine most of the time.
    There have been a couple of days that after I got all prettied up, I had to change into some jeans an hour later to do a "dirty job" of some kind.
    So I guess that I'm beginning to really dress like the woman do.

The bottom line... Why put on a nice dress every single day. It just isn't practical. So I don't think that there would be much of a difference in how I am dressing now or if I was a woman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    You know, for me, one of the greatest things about being a crossdresser is that we are free to indulge our fantasies (French maid at home?) or dress a little "over the top" (too dressy?) at a TG/CD Tri-Ess social or dress down more like regular women do when out and about in public. I personally, love the diversity!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I would probably dress somewhat similar -- business professional is my favorite femme clothing style, so I would still wear nice clothes... however, I would probably not wear dresses and skirt outfits as much... probably cute tops and slacks or jeans would be my preferred mode of dress, similar to how my wife dresses... I probably would wear jeans, nice tops and/or sweaters, definitely twinsets if I was a born-female GG. I would probably wear skirts and dresses a little more often than today's GGs, only because of my mother's influence on my fashion tastes -- she was very feminine in a traditional sense, a la Bree on "Desperate Housewives", who in some ways, could have been inspired by my prim-and-proper mother.

If I was in the same profession (journalism, leading to a teaching job) as I am now, I probably would dress nicely, wearing slacks and nice tops and occasionally skirts, depending on what I had to be doing that day. If I was just in the office, it would be slacks. Once teaching, I probably would wear skirts or dresses a little more often to look nice... of course, my GG teachers back in the '80s wore dresses and skirt outfits a lot more often than they do today...

But given the practicality of wearing slacks or jeans, on my own time, if I was a GG I probably would wear them a LOT more often than I do now. I do not get to indulge my feminine side very often nowadays, so when I do I tend to dress up more than usual, in nice dresses, skirt suits or blouse and skirt outfits.
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

I think I'd dress pretty much as I do now. A little dressy a little on the upscale side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    You know, for me, one of the greatest things about being a crossdresser is that we are free to indulge our fantasies (French maid at home?) or dress a little "over the top" (too dressy?) at a TG/CD Tri-Ess social or dress down more like regular women do when out and about in public. I personally, love the diversity!
    Yes, I think Mitch has moved me away from CD as fetish so CD as everyday life experience. Close observation of GGs shows to me that they have these roles and can slip from one to the other very quickly, without necessarily changing clothes - demure to 'ladette' to mother to helpless female to strong independance. i hope mitch will help me to go there with them!

mitch

I would probably dress casual most of the time, for me, it's more practical. I don't dress "frilly" very much any more, I find that I don't get anything done at home that way. I have enough projects at this point in time that I don't want to take the time to wander around the house in my frillies when I could be outside getting something done. I tend to wear clothes suitable for yard work, even if I did buy them in the women's section of the store.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't think I would dress too much differently than I do now. I have always tried to emulate the 'girl next door look'. Nothing too gawdy, or risque. It's nice to do the professional/secretary look, or the club look, on occasion. I'm generally not the type that likes to stand out in a crowd.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

I don't wear "practical" clothes all that much now. If I was 24/7 I would have to just because you don't do the yard work or cleaning in anything too nice and frilly. Other than that I try to emulate what the female me would like to wear and do in any situation. I don't have to wear skirts and dresses all the time as an example. Much like my male self I like fashion. When I'm not doing dirty jobs I like to wear nice things and really don't like the sloppy casual look. I would have alot more clothes so I would be able to mix and match much more than I do now.
    Sally

I would most likely be a "Plain Jane" and wear the same sort of fem clothes that I wear now.

Who wanna go hang out ^-^ cutie_yami's Avatar
    I guess it's what kind of style you like....

[SIZE="3"]I myself would dress as ****ty as I could get away with if I were a real GG[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Sexy undies, tight jeans, nice top, heels and jewelry

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

I think it would depend on a number of things:

- how good does my body look? Am I trying to flaunt or hide it?
    - am I prepared for the attention if I do flaunt it?
    - is the clothing appropriate for what I'm doing?
    - how blooming cold is it?

... because right now I crossdress without most of those considerations because I only dress at home. I think I would probaby have a varied wardrobe, but I would dress more for comfort and functionality. I do have a bit of a gypsy taste though so I would keep all my flowy colourful stuff.

Actually I'm buying more for comfort and functionality these days anyway, because I want to be able to dress at home and not worry about getting my skirt caught in the lawnmower.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Yea Stacie is not my real
    Casual, I would dress no different then I do now. Its about comfort.....

I pretty sure I would drees the same. Pretty much in the "classier" look, ie, cocktail dress, heels, long hair worn up a lot ... not too much jewelry.
    But that's just me...

Huggs,
    Andi ...

I would dress the same as I do now. Today I went shopping for flowers to plant in the yard I had on shorts and a v neck t-shirt. Got home and put on a tank top to plant the flowers. If going some place nice I'll dress up more and put on more makeup just like the GGs do.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN