Thread: ¿What are feminine body measurements, according to height?

¿What are feminine body measurements, according to height?

Hi, everybody.

First, thanks a bunch to all who answered my question related to feminine arms and hands.

I've been looking for a Website with information on body measurements to be considered feminine looking.

I'm looking for some sort of a "feminine body measurements" chart, organized by height, which would have columns with ranges of measurements, to be considered feminine-looking. Body measurement ranges would be as many as possible: forehead, cheeks, chin, neck, shoulders, chest, underchest, waist, hips, knees, calves, biceps (arms), thighs, hand size, foot size, ring size, you name it.

Of course, measurements could vary widely, according to body weight. So, the main column would show a fixed height range and several options for several weight ranges (I.E., 5'10 to 6.0' 150-170 pounds; 5'10 to 6.0' 170-190 pounds, etc.)

My height is 6.0 feet, and my older sister's is about 5' 10". My foot size is about 11 Inches, and hers is almost he same (about 10 or 10.5 inches). Her hands are also almost as big as mine, and none of us is fat (I'm about 160 pounds, she must be around 150). Although she doesn't know it, I can fit in her old tight prom dresses, and most of her clothes, sometimes even better than she does (I have a bigger ass!).

If I'm based on her, either I'm kind of femininely shaped (thank God!), or she is kind of masculine, (too bad for both of us!). I don't know what is the truth, so that's why I'm asking you guys if you have any idea on where to check measurement ranges to determine whether one's body measurements are feminine or not, so one can focus on feminizing the areas that need to be changed the most, as opposed to working on the ones that are already feminine. Thanks in advance, and take care you all!

Carla O.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I would recommend getting a good ART BOOK on drawing the female form. (like Jack Hamm's "Drawing the face and figgure") Here you will see many interesting and surprising things about proportions, scales, and interesting curves and details of such you have never noticed before.---if anything, it shure enhances one's "girl watching" experiences

Not all girls have certian curves---while some of the best looking ones do. the curves also "peak" in different places---very subtile, but can make us subconciously make us "read" "MAN!" or "Woman!" for example---as in the curve of the buttox profile The male butt peaks about half way down and the females about two thirds down--- We might not conciously know that, but the brain does----conciously knowing these things sharpens our observation skills, tells us what to look for --And what we need to DRAW in if we are doing art work.

A lot of clothing catalogs and websites have measurements for various sized women in their "sizing charts". That may be a good place to start, and it's free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Espaniola:

Hi! I am new also. To piggyback on Marie's suggestion here is a website to try. This website has a pretty comprehensive set of clothing size charts. More than I have even seen even in some of the major main line clothing catalogs. I just found this set of size charts completly by accident as it was a reccomended link from another website I was looking at. This is not perfectly what you are looking for but it is a good start. Hope it helps.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/pinupgirlclothing/size

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

page not found

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah V View Post
    Espaniola:

Hi! I am new also. To piggyback on Marie's suggestion here is a website to try. This website has a pretty comprehensive set of clothing size charts. More than I have even seen even in some of the major main line clothing catalogs. I just found this set of size charts completly by accident as it was a reccomended link from another website I was looking at. This is not perfectly what you are looking for but it is a good start. Hope it helps.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/pinupgirlclothing/size
    Hi, Sarah

I tried to check out the ling you gave me, but I got a "page not found" result.

According to the charts I've been able to find myself, I'm supposed to be Dress size 12, 38-B bra and panty size L.

But I'm more interested in other "more unusual" sizings: Neck, hand, foot, shoulder width, lower lip to chin tip, forehead, ring finger, etc.

For example, for my 6 feet height, I consider my 14.5-inch neck size to be quite small for a guy (and if I had my huge Adam's apple removed, it would be 14 inches only, I think). But I don't know if those 14.5 inches would be a suitable measurement for a woman my size and weight (161 pounds).

Thanks anyways 4 your response, take care.