Thread: Shopping can be enlightening Woo Hoo!

Shopping can be enlightening Woo Hoo!

I visited my friend Faye at the consignment shop near my office this afternoon.

She has the most enticing shop windows in the district, and even puts those little wire mannequins <~~~ (spelling?) outside the door with pretty outfits on them.

When I was driving past today, at lunch time, I noticed a pretty outfit in the window so I decided I would stop in after work. Unfortunately the outfit didn't fit, but that's ok, because I got some very positive feedback from Faye concerning shopping for girly stuff.

I bought a new outfit from her a couple of weeks ago, and had bought something there much earlier too. I hadn't mentioned my femme alter ego until she sort of mentioned it on my second visit and I had no problem letting her know about Suzie. It was fine!

The outfit was out of the question so Faye asked if I would be interested in anything else, and suddenly said that she had suggested maybe a pretty dinner ring in her last email to me. She had one that might fit. When I tried it on she said it wasn't feminine enough and that she would let me know when she finds one for me. Then I spotted a nice purse, and Woo Hoo! I had to have it!

While we were looking around at the pretty things in her shop she suddenly said, "You're such fun! Men come in here all the time and ask me where I keep size 18 things, then say they are buying it for their mother! I know they are lying to me!" She went on to tell me she really likes helping me simply because I am honest about what I am doing and she can actually help me look as nice as I can.

This is from a little lady who was raised in Atlanta, Georgia, very prim and proper, my age or a maybe several years older.

She calls me Suzie!! OMG! I have been pretty much in the closet all my life and here is a nice little lady who says Suzie is fun! She even sends me email with advice, after seeing pix of Suzie!

So, I guess the point here is honesty may really be the best policy after all, at least when you go shopping. And, I have to add, it really rocks having a friend like Faye!

By the way .... consignment shops are gold mines for grrlz like us, so many nice things at bargain prices! Woo Hoo!

Suzie,

That is sooooooo cool! Sounds like you have a great thing going for yourself... almost like having your won personal shopper! You go, girlfriend!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

that is cool it sounds like a perfict relationship. so nice to have friends like that.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

You're right about honesty when shopping, for the post part anyway. and I've not had any bad experiences.

There's a consignment shop in Springfield VA that caters to the TG crowd, and the prices are pretty good. Had my eye on a leather skirt, but am trying to hold off on buying anything until after I loose more weight.

I know the shop's not going anywhere soon
    DonnaT

Very cool! There a more dressers than people realize, and, like your new friend points out, it is not only nice for you/us, it is nice for them to not have to do the dance. have fun! wenda.

Bargins

Ladies,

Yes, I to do a lot of shopping in second hand/thrift stores. I don't get out as much as I used to, life seems to have gotten in the way. Besides my closet is to full now.

One that I go to most of the time has a nice lady that works there. At first she thought I was a crossdresser. I told her that I sell things on ebay. My daughter worked in the store for a bit. This lady told her. "Your dad has good taste in ladies clothes. At first I thought he was a well dressed crossdresser but now I know he really does sell on ebay." Of course daughter told wife, wife told me. I thought I was doing a good job of hiding my purchases under ebay.

As I guess, people will believe what they want no matter what you say. I would love to tell her I am a cd but dare not as the family knows her. The daughter has not been told about my dressing. Although I'm sure she suspects. Wife forbids me telling her.

If you have a person that knows and can help you that is fantastic. Someday I will let someone know but not today.

Hugs
    Donna Louise
    Life - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Platinum Member
    thats way cool she knows what size and what looks good for you . sounds like a keeper enjoy ................

There is a Salvation Army thrift store fairly close to me that I go to on ocassion to shop. No one realizes I'm a guy but I love the prices there. That's where I got a very nice winter coat a few months ago. I used to buy things at those kind of stores when I lived in San Diego. Great places to shop.
    Kisses, Linda