Thread: "You should have been born a girl"

"You should have been born a girl"

How many of us heard those fateful words when we were growing up? I know I did. I was a pretty boy and for as long as I can remember, girls have envied my eyelashes. I've always wondered if a seed was planted in my subconscious that is growing to this day. Anyone else out there with the same memories? Windy

Hi Windy,
    I remember my mother and sister were envious of my legs.Even now when I work out at the club people always look at my legs. I have to admit they are one of my best assets.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

"You should have been born a girl"

I have heard that all my life.
    Most of the time it's me saying it though

chrissy_Sissy

Hello and Welcome

undefinedHello what or should i say how does this work someone help me
    Quote Originally Posted by windycissy
    How many of us heard those fateful words when we were growing up? I know I did. I was a pretty boy and for as long as I can remember, girls have envied my eyelashes. I've always wondered if a seed was planted in my subconscious that is growing to this day. Anyone else out there with the same memories? Windy

Oh yes. Even though I was very active and athletic as a kid, I didn't start really growing till about 15 so I was small and always had very long hair. (it was the 70's!) I was always being mistaken by strangers for a girl.
    I remember once in 6th grade, we had a speaker in assembly. I stood up to ask a question, and the speaker said, ( I was wearing a football jersey) "Yes, you, the little girl, wearing number 16.") The whole place fell apart laughing, and I turned beet red. I have been a crossdresser since age 4, but I'm sure episodes like that helped reinforce it.

Now I wish I still had that long, beautiful hair...maybe rogaine....

Hugs,

Melissa

Amelie
    I am very similar to Mellissa. I had long blonde hair with bangs when I was a teenager. I looked like a head banger whos' into metal.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    I looked like a head banger whos' into metal.
    As opposed to the head bangers that are into country music?

Sorry Amelie, I could not resist that one BTW you still look like a head banger to me. One of them cute heavy metal chicks. I have always admired your look.

But anywho... I heard that girl thing many times when I was young. Not so much because I looked like one but more because I was a sissy boy, I cried very easy, I was weak, and never was good at any sports.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 03-01-2005 at 07:09 PM.

Amelie
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd
    As opposed to the head bangers that are into country music?

Sorry Amelie, I could not resist that one BTW you still look like a head banger to me. One of them cute heavy metal chicks, I have always admired your looks.

But anywho... I heard that girl thing many times when I was young. Not so much because I looked like one but more because I was a sissy boy, I cried very easy, I was weak, and never was good at any sports.
    Lol Roberta,,,

I only said that for the older Cds lurking around here, who might not know what a head banger was.

The doctor told my mom that I was going to be a girl. Mom already had a name picked out. Turns out the doctor was right, afterall !
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I'm 45...was into and looked the part in the punk scene when in college...early eighties...Think anyone under 60 at this point knows what headbanger means. Been thru punk, goth, techno, and all the other labels, and unless you are lost in "classic rock" (which I grew up on but rarely listen to anymore, with some exceptions) You probably get it, to some extent. Hate the term "alternative" which doesn't really describe anything. It's all rock, which is ultimately evolutionary. Maybe I'm one of those rare 45 yr. olds who actually pays attention to contemporary music, but I'm not sure, kind of doubt it.

Hugs,

Melissa

I know I got off track and maybe hijacked. Sorry.

Hugs,

Melissa

Amelie
    Yea Melissa I guess everyone knows what a head banger is. It's just that I thought there were some big band types out there who wouldn't know.

On another thread there was a member who didn't know what slam dancing was, so this made me think that maybe others wouldn't know what a head banger was.

I remember that thread, Amelie. Wish I never heard of it, will probably contribute to my future arthritis.

Hugs,

Melissa

But I had fun. lots.

Mor'mi - Since12
    Is that why some of us are CD's? Because our parents said this?

I later figured out why I was born 10 years later from my other sibblings. They wanted a little Girl. When they did not get one, they tried again and got another boy. My dad says that they wanted a little boy but some how I doubt that since my moms hobby for many years was making dress' for sale.

As a little kid, I had curly hair and until I was about 14 it wasn't strange to hear some one reffer to me as a "she" or "her", which I took offense too for obvious reasons. I was picked on by other boys and mocked by girls.
    What can I say, I like girls (in every way!)

transariel
    I was also small build, therefore not into competetive sports (the ones who were called me a "sissy") and never wanted to be muscular. As a child I enjoyed playing paperdolls w/sisters, which my father made clear "only girls play with dolls". I have been crossdressing since pre-teens; in the times when I went periods abstaining, I had the constant urge. My family has a picture of me at age 2 in a dress. Gee, could that be where it all began?

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Lol Roberta,,,

I only said that for the older Cds lurking around here, who might not know what a head banger was.
    Hey, watch it sister. Some of us old timers are pretty hip. You can tell by our mastery of contemporary slang, i.e. "pretty hip". That's a sixties thing, by the way — "I'm hip man".

BTW Amelie, I love your signature. I'm your huckleberry. So cool. It pushes a button somehow ... haven't figured out what it is yet.

And yes, I was told I was pretty when I was young.

I could pass easily as a girl until I hit puberty, then I never thought I'd be able to do it again, and I gradually lost interest. Now that I've sowed my wild outs and my testosterone is on the wane, I find that it's easier and easier for me to pass as a woman the older I get. Isn't that weird?

Windy,

I'm so sorry that I completely changed the subject on you last night. This is a neat thread and I feel bad that I hijacked it. It was the wine. Sorry again, honey.

Being mistaken for a girl when I was a kid was always embarrassing. Now It's what I want. Funny how life turns out.

Hugs,

Melissa

Before I was born my parents were so convinced that I was a girl they didn`t have any boy clothes. SUPRISE !!! But even as a baby people would say " what a pretty little girl" When I was at school I was called Lucy, very hard for a boy trying to conform as a male. I have dressed as a girl for all my life and when I realised that I was not a deviant, councelling etc, I relaxed and now really enjoy my Femme side.
    Rhonda

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A.
    Windy,

I'm so sorry that I completely changed the subject on you last night. This is a neat thread and I feel bad that I hijacked it. It was the wine. Sorry again, honey.

Being mistaken for a girl when I was a kid was always embarrassing. Now It's what I want. Funny how life turns out.

Hugs,

Melissa
    No problem, kiddo. I'm always looking for answers to "why" I dig dressing up so much, and they say experiences in early childhood mold our future selves. I've seen a picture of myself dressed as a girl for Halloween, I couldn't have been older than two or three, and I have no recollection of the experience...Windy

ModanaGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Since12
    Is that why some of us are CD's? Because our parents said this?

I later figured out why I was born 10 years later from my other sibblings. They wanted a little Girl. When they did not get one, they tried again and got another boy. My dad says that they wanted a little boy but some how I doubt that since my moms hobby for many years was making dress' for sale.

As a little kid, I had curly hair and until I was about 14 it wasn't strange to hear some one reffer to me as a "she" or "her", which I took offense too for obvious reasons. I was picked on by other boys and mocked by girls.

How bout a real picture?? Huh?

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    I DO think I would have fared better as a girl, had I been born that way. I am Dead sure I have the mental makeup for it! I have a lot of the physical attributes. Not all though. Due to a working life of mainly physical labor, I have muscles in places that would not fit the feminine profile. I have good legs and feet, and my hands and forearms are thin boned, but muscular and my hands are work-hardened and have many scars, and are rough. My face is weatherbeaten and rough, but I STILL do look like my sister! If I were to wear a wig and loose the beard, I think it would look good. I DO shave my beard right after Christmas. I may try the wig. Sorry, I have run off at the mouth again!

Mor'mi - Since12
    Quote Originally Posted by ModanaGirl
    How bout a real picture?? Huh?
    Nah, for now I'd rather use the picture of the Girl I would look like if I was given the choice to be any girl at all. Being a giant I don't photograph too well. But thanks for caring hun.
    What can I say, I like girls (in every way!)

My mother used to tell my that I should have been a girl. She was still telling me this when she was 80+ so I know she was serious. I think she was right all the time.
    Kisses, Linda