Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sexual Identity vs Sexual Orientation

society's problem!

this is one of society's problems that's caused me a great deal of angst for most of my life!
    i've thought and felt a lot about it and here are my views -
    i am a person first, male second;
    i am a girly bloke, and have always had girly tastes in clothes;
    i wear my (not 'women's') clothes, including skirts, dresses etc;
    i have 'modified' my body so that dresses fit properly;
    i do not try to appear to be a girl - i have a beard and shaved head;
    i consider trying to be something one is not to be false;
    i understand why people do that and feel there is a major problem within society that causes those people to feel they need to do that - i feel sorry for those people;
    i have been complemented many times, usually by girl friends, on my dress sense, taste and, of course, my legs!
    i was told recently that the way i dress suits me;
    i am not attracted to men in any way - most of them seem to have too much testosterone and behave like total dickheads!
    i don't subscribe to any male/female dichotomy - if everyone treated everyone else as people first and didn't try to put them in little boxes, many of the world's problems might not exist.

i just wish i'd ignored the fears 25 years ago.
    big boy did it and ran away!

anarchy is better than no government at all.

i don't wear girls clothes - they're mine!

love & light,
    G

I tend to agree with Louise but maybe in different words? I can't put myself in a category or class or whatever. I'm a crossdresser and feel very feminine when dressed, even when not dressed sometimes. I've been married for over forty years and love being in my wifes arms. I love women, being around them and not in the least turned on by men. I socialize with men at work and in my town and enjoy that also. For me I'm happiest around women and being in the role of a woman. Maybe someone would put me in a class or category? LOL I'm just me ...Margie! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Louise Morgan View Post
    I prefer to think of gender as being on a scale. At one end we have females and at the other males.
    Louise, I think you might have an easier time understanding this issue if you think of this not as a linear scale but rather circular. A scale where male and female are positioned at opposite poles but still connected by the scale. If they move in either direction on the scale, or across the void, they become more like the other but not necessarally actually becoming the other.

The key which makes the circle a sphere is to add the different aspects of gender into the issue, ie; Identity / Presentation / Orientation.

Sarahlynn

Ohhh, all this thinking makes my head hurt, i think i need a
    SL

OK back again with IS A SOUL MALE OR FEMALE We are what we are an when I dress as a female I am a female when I dress as a man so on an so forth. I think any man that has you know what, an dress's as a women has to be curious. I was an I did so I guess for argument sake I am bi courious, sex is an animal instinck . Good luck all
    Josephine

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    just as many above,

born male, Tina definitely identifies as a female, but neither of us are interested in guys. In fact we're only interested in one woman ...

34 years in a few days and she's still mighty interesting!!!!

tina

Aspiring Member

Born male but

I only like girls as friends and sexually as well.

So much so that I want to become female.

Sure do have male friends but not sexually if you know what i mean.

I guess that makes me lesbian female because i desire to love only women and to be with them sexually except to become pregnat i really do not desire males at all they are interesting to be sure but females are where it is at so I wnat to be female and enjoy being with my own sex which i am already inside. just want to bust out and be myself inside and out and that is female.

Suzy!

Talking

I am what you see, Me

Okay lets see- i think i am more confused than ever now Just kidding - I like men - well other gurls actually, have always been attracted to male genitalia much more than female, so that makes me a gay CD i guess. But most men kind of gross me out (I dislike body hair very much)- other CDs and TGs are much more to my liking. I would never want to completely transition, but boob would be great Just my crazy ramblings!

I love women exclusively. I would however if transitioned, take the new model for a test drive if you know what I mean.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    labels are boxes, I opt out!

If someone I want needs me in a box, I pass. When I need me in a box, I have to ask myself what I am afraid of.

Life is too amazing and surprising and delicious for confinement, and not even the prettiest bow can make it right.

There is already one box waiting for me, anyhow....when the time comes, I'll fit into it just fine. No need for practice.

Roberta
    Last edited by RobertaFermina; 06-05-2007 at 09:06 AM.
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Quote Originally Posted by Amiad View Post
    With the recent high profile admissions about being transgendered, MSN Homepage ran an article discussing the topic of Sexual Identity and how it is unrelated to Sexual Orientaion. I completely agree that they are not connected, but it started me thinking.....

There are six probable ways to combine our sexual identities and our sexual orientations (12 if we include women). I know there is alot of gray area here but work with me.

BORN IDENTITY ORIENTATION
    Male Male Straight
    Male Male Bi
    Male Male Gay
    Male Female Straight (likes men)
    Male Female Bi
    Male Female Gay (likes women)

It is this last pairing that has me thinking. Do you know anyone, or do you, identify as being Transgendered but also gay?
    This chart is very interesting, I've not seen it before. Readings in the past I think have been not do forthright. Many before have thought or make you think that being born Male but identifying as Female and "desiring men" meant gay. I'm glad to see another interpretation. I have always been female even though being born male and have always "desired" men :blushing:... though I lived the life expected of me and married a woman (because of the plumbing) and not acted on my desires.
    "Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions.", Jules Michelet, French historian
    Take care and God bless, Josie06[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile Mixed bag

[SIZE="3"]I am cross dresser (prefer transvestite), transgender, have some androgyne qualities, and a queer bent when the gender is fluid. Figure that out.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".