Thread: Earrings.....Down The Drain

Earrings.....Down The Drain

A couple weeks ago, while standing over the sink in the bathroom useing the mirror, I was putting my earrings in when one of them slipped out of my fingers and you guessed it went down the drain. My plumbing skills then kicked in, had to remove the sink trap and recover the earring. This morning after showering guess what happened? yep, earring down the drain. Well Duuu...I was wondering how many Gals have done this. Why is it so hard to remember to close the drain? My wife laughed and said I was the only one she knew that needed a pair of channell locks to put earrings in. He..He..

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    its never happened to me. I take mine out, when I need to, away from the sink, toliet, bathtub, or any other earring sucking vortic.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Barbara
    Not a problem for me. I learned from years of wearing contact lenses that the first step is to close the drain and save the contact.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

That's why I wear hoops that don't need a back.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Paulacder View Post
    My wife laughed and said I was the only one she knew that needed a pair of channell locks to put earrings in. He..He..
    ROFLMAO

I'm good about remembering to close the drain myself.

Did the same thing.... ONCE!!! Shut the drain before putting on earrings now!! lol

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Always plug the drain
    Hugs,

Teddie

[SIZE="3"]Still wearing clip-ons, and not that often.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I usually change/remove mine over the bed, if anything drops it is easier to find. I take my earrings off before I shower/shave ETC.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi Lynn View Post
    I usually change/remove mine over the bed, if anything drops it is easier to find. I take my earrings off before I shower/shave ETC.
    works great unless you have a water bed then you have a much bigger mess to deal with than just opening up the trap on the sink. much safer just to have a dressing table and use that when you remove jewelry.
    Last edited by rose382832; 06-01-2007 at 02:54 PM.

[SIZE=4]Happens to me way too frequently.[/SIZE]
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

Happened once. Now I never stand over the sink, but not a problem. Wwe have mirrors alond the entire countertop area, plus I have a make-up station with its own large mirror.

Aww poor girl. Good thing you can get them yourself.

You'll learn girl. If you do it again, come and tell us and we'll some sense into you!
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Yep, torn the trap apart for earring, earring back, or contact lense. You'd think I'd learn, huh?

I don't have a stopper for my bathroom sink. It was too much of a challenge for my plumber (me) to put in. I just have to count on my lightning reflexes to stop earrings, contacts, tweezers, etc. from disappearing down the drain. It has worked so far. But I did loose one of those little stopper thingies that go on earring posts. I was fast enough to get to the drain before it did, but it was pretty sneaky and it still got past my fingers, somehow.

Don't have that problem, after the first time you learn.
    Ammdi
    --
    PHR

I've never had that problem. I never use the bathroom mirror for anything other than combing my hair at times.
    There is a mirror on my dresser and one on the wall in the dining room that work just fine. I have, however, lost a few of those itsy-bitsy clear keepers for fish-hook earrings though. I'm sure I find them when I vacuum though.
    Walmart keeps all kinds if earring backs in stock, so it's no big deal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do a lot of dressing in hotel rooms. As part of my makeup kit, I carry several wash cloths. I always lay one of the wash cloths over the sink bottom before doing my earrings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm glad I'm not alone. Haven't lost any earrings, just press-on fingernails. Just let it ride. Someday someone will rip the trap apart and find them unless they're light enough to float away.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

a few times I have dropped one and closed the drain faster than the earring could fall, I can't make myself move that fast doing anything else

Waiting to live Gnome Queen Sam's Avatar
    Almost lost a diamond ear ring down the drain once now never go near sink to change them.

I have not lost any down the drain yet. Now that I read your post I will be extra careful. I have dropped them many times. Sometimes on the carpet and have to get on hands and knees to look for them.

Forces of Nature

Never underestimate the two most powerful forces in the universe.

1) That which occurs between a spinning plastic disk and the dark space underneath a car;

and

2) That which occurs between the black vortex to the sea and a valuable piece of jewelry.

I have so lost many a bauble this way. It seems the management frowns on you taking apart a sink that is not yours...