Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been mistaken for a woman while NOT en femme?

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar

Have you ever been mistaken for a woman while NOT en femme?

I'm just curious. How many of you ladies have ever been mistaken for a women or girl when you were in your boy clothes?

Maybe not a lot of you, but I do have naturally long hair. Long hair that I'm proud of and It's not unusual for someone to see me from behind and say "Excuse me Miss" or "pardon me mame", only for me to turn around and they see my face and say, "Oh my God, I'm so sorry". LOL.

I've even had children run up to me several times and ask me "Are you a boy or a girl?"

The worst experience I ever had was when I was in my early twenties. I was hanging out in Boston, when some really drunk guy tried to "pick me up". I was dressed as a boy, yet it's was obvious he was taking me as a lady. Being hetero, I just ignored him, and waited for him to just go away. Still he tried pretty hard. LOL. For his own sake, I didn't say a word, as not to embarrass the poor dude. If he heard my voice he'd know I was a man. Tho, looking back at the time, it was kinda funny.

So has anyone else besides me ever been mistaken for a woman, even when not dressed up?

Much to my amazement, I've had that happen on a few occasions, usually when I'm sitting down (I'm 6'5" tall in my bare feet), but once when I was standing, wearing blue jeans, a t-shirt and baseball cap while fishing. I too have hair that's on the long side, but still......

Carol
    My name is Carol.

for me you joking right

Yes, regularly in my 30's when my luxurious hair was waist length. Now it is shoulder length, threadbare and with a large bald patch....once in a while from the right angle with the lighting just right and the observer drunk or stoned...
    Last edited by Lilith Moon; 06-03-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Yes. It happened at a crowded outdoor street event when I picked up something that someone had dropped on the ground and handed it back to them. I did not expect a “Thank you Mam”. As soon as the man involved realised his error he immediately apologised. My hair was fairly long at the time and being fairly slim, clean shaven and closer to the average height of a woman I could understand how the error could be made and I took no offence. I am heterosexual yet I must admit that I felt in no way upset – in fact quite the opposite: it seemed to appeal to my feminine side. Life is curious at times.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

Iv had it happen a few times.
    Its getting rarer as i get older .

Iv had my bum pinched a few times in pubs & had some guy come up behind me and put his hands on my hips .
    Im fairly sure they wont gay or jokeing either.

Walking out of my streat one day i overheared one guy passing by slowly in a car arsking his friend "was that a boy or a girl".

Last cristmass one of my nefues refeared to my as a he she.

And i couldnt count the number of times iv been bibbed by cars passing from behind when i have my hair down.

Iv had to put this down to a lack of other hippys in my town and people not wearing there glasses as when i do dress i realy dont stand much chance of passing .
    When i close my eyes i want to be somebody else

Nope, for me, not a chance.
    -Sedona

nope not a chance to old fat and bald

susie

Oh god yes ! My brothers called me a sissy for years and a couple of bullies called me a p----y once. LoL

Not my face or appearance, but my voice gets mistaken for a womans frequesntly on the phone.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Nope can't really say I have that problem. Wish I did thoughJocelyn

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    It's happened a number of times. Mostly from the back as I generally only shave every 2 or 3 days. Once I've even had it happen from someone who knew me! Someone who had dated my brother in the past! My GF and I ran into her and a friend of hers in the supermarket and she said 'Hi girls!' then she stammered 'I mean..' and apologised mumbling something about my long hair and getting embarassed. I was very amused.

Over the phone I get mam,ed in person no I do have a kind of natural female voice which I like.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    When I was in my late teens I too had long hair, and with my small body (5ft 4ins 128lbs) I used to get mistaken for a girl (from behind) a lot of the time.

Nowadays it rarely happens, except very occasionally if I am dressed "girly boy mode" androgynously openly wearing fairly obvious women's clothes. The last time was in Las Vegas about 6 months ago. My wife and I were walking down the strip in the Saturday afternoon sunshine, and as we approached a woman handing out fliers, she held out her flier to me, made eye contact, and said "How about a show Ladies...umm...Sir....I mean, Ma'am."

I was wearing a baseball cap, and I had my gold stud earrings in, I was also wearing pink and white tennis shoes, tight fitting low rise boot cut jeans, a women's fitted pale blue t-shirt and a brown women's ribbed rayon/nylon mix cardigan. However I wasn't wearing any make up, except a little eyeliner and lip gloss. Add all this together and I guess I didn't look much like a man, but I didn't think I looked enough like a woman to be mistaken for one either, because I wasn't dressed fully en femme. It felt wonderful to be addressed this way!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Not since I was 3 haha

Rita

since i joined the forum i let my hair grow. it grows pretty frizzy and women tell me they would like to have hair like mine--tho i don't believe them. put longish hair and my height of 5' 3" and i am regularly taken as a woman.
    i had a previous post of the day when i was mistaken for a woman 3 times in one day. i don't know the thread link.

In my early teen years, my hair was much longer (at least shoulder length), it was pre-moustach days, and I actually sometimes wore more women's style jeans (what little I could.) I've got a few pictures of me from those days, and I look at myself and wonder why I didn't get mistaken more often.

Still, I don't remember ever being mistaken for a girl, I just always wished I was one... :-/

Oh well... life goes on.

Looking for what's new Lisa Baby's Avatar

It's a complement

There have been numerous occasions when I have had the pleasure of being addressed as "Miss" while being dressed in drab.

Once, while entering a local grocery store, a young man and his gf passed me as they were entering the store, he turned around to take a second look at me, and I overheard him tell his gf that he had thought that I was "a girl." Which gt him in trouble with his gf because he was "looking at other women."

I am very pleased when people address me as "Miss." I have been trying to "Feminize" my appearance and movements for some time now. (This is getting more dificult as the spare tire around my waist continuse to expand. :mad

Lisa Baby
    Lisa

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    yes, on the phone all the time, when I had my hair longer and was younger (re less face hair lol) I was mamed most of the time...I loved it!

hopes to you all
    keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

once a long time ago I was dressed all goth and had bright pink hair, a kid in the mall tugged on her moms pantleg and said "mommy I want hair like hers" it made me smile and my friends laugh

Sissy when I was a kid (I really sucked at being a boy) and ma'm on the phone and by sarcastic guys. Kinda bothered me, heck yes it bothered me a lot, as a kid it made me cry. But when my second wife said "You'd make a good wife", I took it as a compliment.

Michelle
    You go girl!

girlie guy
    Only once, and it was before I ever tried CDing but I had really long hair. A couple of guys pulled up alongside me hooting and hollering but when I turned toward them one of them said, "I thought you was a chick!" I didn't know what to say. Now it would be "thank you"

Nope. Not me! I did get busted once with left over eyeliner....drew some odd looks. Does that count?

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I can only dream !!!! I would take it as the ultimate compliment tho.

Got called Ma'am by a fellow worker(GG) that I had to talk to about her job performance.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long