Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOP cd

Barbara
    HI Kimberly,

Hope you feel good about the forum. I have noticed that once a question is but out here you need to be prepared for a lot of answers thrown your way.

Enough about politics, from one who is politically apathetic, and welcome to the family!
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

Quote Originally Posted by kimberely14 View Post
    this is the first time i have ever posted. Im a young successful busnessman in my 20's who has been courted by the republican party as a potential candidate for office some day. I have met the president, and been introduced to the goven(at)or as a rising star.
    Right now my girlfriend is on a 6 month deployment in Iraq. After attending a few support meetings and finding myself the only guy there. I stopped going. Now I'd never be unfaithful to my girlfriend, so I started becoming curious.
    IT WAS SUCH A RUSH! putting on womens clothing again. I haven't done it since I was 12. I went on a $2000 online spending spree on pumps, breast forms dresses, swimsuits, lengerie, pantyhose, books you name it. I cant wait until it all arives. And I can't stop doing it. Ya'll seem like very nice people. Help!
    Well, Kimberely, one of these days your Girl Friend will be back, YOu might consider what you are going to say when she finds womens clothing in your appartment when she gets back. Especially if the two of you are living together. You Know, she is going to eventually ask some questions about who wears all those womens clothing items that YOU bought. Have you ever told her about your crossdressing feelings? This is just something you might want to think about before she gets back.

GypsyKaren
    Feel free to post in this thread, but if it's going to be personal digs or grammar lessons, then I suggest you go make yourself a sandwich or something.

Karen

But it has occurred to me that the path to greater cd acceptance is through Hollywood, and pop culture. Not through government. Movies and tv shows that could take a humorous bent on the issue, without a gay context would do more for making this acceptable by the masses than any civil rights bill passed by congress.
    What we actually need are supposedly conservative public officials, such as you describe yourself as wanting to be, who are willing to stick their necks out and not hide their true selves from the electorate. Hell, I would be grateful to see any national politician do so, conservative or liberal. You can count on one hand, with fingers left over, how many openly gay national officials there are. My fear is that it will be a cold day in hell when one admits being a crossdresser while in office.

See what you can do about that, huh? Instead of worrying how it will effect your future plans if you were to be discovered, think about being honest and how to convince voters you are the best candidate regardless of the prejudices and ignorance out there. Think of it, a politician whose private life is one not to be ashamed of! If it wasn't for your stated policies, I might even vote for you if it was possible.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

From an Irish (born Catholic) MA Conservative....

Hi Kimberley14!

Predictably the "Non-Liberals Have No Brains and No Rights" are certainly having their usual "fun" with you. I'm used to it. I mean, what other State could send its Nation gems like IDidn'tMeanToKillMaryJo Kennedy, JohnSendYourDummytoIraq Kerry, PagesAreFun Barney Frank and Howdayalikemyshermantank Dukakis!!!!!!!

So who's brainless?

Sadly though you're already in trouble. If you think for one moment the Liberal "investigative reporters" won't track you back to crossdressers.com some day you're incredibly naive - and don't read the papers.

Kiss your political career goodbye, Falling Star. And welcome to our "real fun" site. Good luck.

Karen

Wink

As someone's who's politically just to the right of Benito Mussolini, I wouldn't be overly concerned about it unless you're out at the local mall and being photographed.

They just don't come more right-wing than myself, so much so that I left the Republican party because I was too disgusted with W and the Congress we've had in the last decade. I met Ronald Reagan back in 1979, and he set the bar for me. Since then I've been fortunate enough to meet with George Bush the elder, Bob Dole, and a number of other conservative figures.

If you're seriously going to run for political office, be aware, you live in a fish bowl and it will be hard to hide anything that you're very active with. If you do this, be very careful not to do things locally, erase your footprints everywhere you can, and have something ready for release if the news gets out. And remember, admitting to something once it's revealed is the quickest way to diffuse a situation. It takes away the press's blood-thirsty desire to dig up all the dirt if they throw something at you like, "ah hah! So, you like to wear ladies clothes? Do you think that's a problem?" At that point, simply say, "Yep, sure do. Nope, I don't think it's a problem and neither does my wife/SO (whatever). I believe whatever people do in their relationship is their own business as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't affect others or their ability to perform their job." Show's over at that point.

Good luck, and I'm glad to hear there's another conservative in California!

If you're telling the truth, you're outed.

Kimberly,

Your original post has been publicly available just about 24 hours, and probably has not been captured by any search engines, unless you're very unlucky. If you're serious about running for office any time before being TV/TS/TG is seen as okay -- decades! -- I suggest you edit the personal details from the post, and your profile, immediately.

But, at the risk of being blunt, here is my analysis of this entire thread:

Is Kimberly, as described, a real person?
    A) No, she's a pure troll.
    B) Yes. Why this post?
    a) She's foolish or self-destructive, will never succeed in politics
    b) Perhaps it was posted by someone else as basis of a future smear campaign
    Hugs,
    Susie

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    But it has occurred to me that the path to greater cd acceptance is through Hollywood, and pop culture. Not through government. Movies and tv shows that could take a humorous bent on the issue, without a gay context would do more for making this acceptable by the masses than any civil rights bill passed by congress.

We need both. They're not mutually exclusive.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

I'll take the liberty of assuming that Kimberley is on the up-and-up.

At this point, given your posting here and the large amount of online purchases you just made, you should assume that your CDing will be discovered should you run for any office more prominent than local dog-catcher. Among other things, you can be sure that all the California-resident members will be looking for a local candidate in his 20s with a wife returning from an Iraq deployment! Maybe you'll get lucky through one or two election cycles, but not forever.

So you had better be certain that you are ok with being outed. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to let your SO know, so that it can be a mutual decision (and because that would really be an awful way for her to find out). BTW, I have not foreclosed the possibility of running for elected office in the future. Helene and I have discussed this; we both agree that it will have to wait until our kids are a little older because I would have to come out to them first. At that point, our family would make the decision collectively.

If you are ok being outed (or coming out), good for you. Be as conservative a candidate as you like - but I hope you will resist the temptation to bash the LGBT community.

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    I could make an argument that for someone transgendered to be supporting Republicans and the Religious Right, would be about like Jews supporting The Nazi Party in Germany, during the 1930s. But, to each his own. Those folks have the right to run their life as they see fit.
    Sterling,
    Without deciding whether this thread is bogus or not, I must respond to your blatant characterization above that it is somehow inappropriate for TG people to support politically conservative issues. I myself have some very conservative viewpoints - fiscally and politically - along with some liberal ones. Wanting less government intrusion in your life and favoring the private over the public sector to me are perfectly understandable, indeed laudable, viewpoints that have no bearing on the clothes someone chooses to wear. (I don't consider neo-cons real conservatives in the classical sense but that's another post).
    Lastly, I guess I just think its a mistake to equate the social politics of, say, the evangelical right with all conservatives. To my way of thinking as a sort of libertarian conservative, who cares what someone's sexuality is or what clothes they prefer so long as they don't harm others or make private business public. I just don't see that there has to be a contradiction between alternate lifestyles and conservatism as many poeple on the left do. It is dangerous to see all conservatives as part of the 'Bob Jones University'-type monolith. Thanks for hearing me out but I just thought that needed to be said.

Best,
    Gunda
    "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" -The Who

"Ia, Ia, Cthulhu Fthagn!"

"After the Deluge - We!" - Savitri Devi

Bashing

EricaCD

I too am very conservative though I live in a liberal town and have many friends of all stripes. I have never heard any LGBT bashing from any of my conservative associates. Many of them know Annesah and are supportive.
    There are idiots on the fringe both Right and Left but this thing about all Republicans being homophobic is a lefty mith. Where would you expect Dick Chainey to be on this issue?

Just another 'Gurl'
    glad your with us here.
    Just another man in a dress

Hi,
    I am an ultra conservative, not a neo-con. I'm too old to be a neo-con, I'm from the Barry Goldwater school.
    I considered that analogy by by STERLING12 to be insulting, and would like it deleted.
    I realize the vast majority and mods here are libs, but to allow that analogy ... come on ....
    Sincerely,
    Andi ..

Quote Originally Posted by Annesah View Post
    EricaCD

I too am very conservative though I live in a liberal town and have many friends of all stripes. I have never heard any LGBT bashing from any of my conservative associates. Many of them know Annesah and are supportive.
    There are idiots on the fringe both Right and Left but this thing about all Republicans being homophobic is a lefty mith. Where would you expect Dick Chainey to be on this issue?
    We are talking about the politicians running the party, not ALL republican people. If Barry Goldwater were still alive, he'd be fighting mad about who has taken control of the party.
    Have you forgotten the disingenuous "shock" of Cheney in the VP debate, saying,"how dare you out my daughter" when it was common knowledge in the media already. And he doesn't believe his daughter should have the same rights that he & his wife have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunda View Post
    Sterling,
    Without deciding whether this thread is bogus or not, I must respond to your blatant characterization above that it is somehow inappropriate for TG people to support politically conservative issues. I myself have some very conservative viewpoints - fiscally and politically - along with some liberal ones. Wanting less government intrusion in your life...

Best,
    Gunda
    So for example you disagree with Bush's illegal wiretapping. You disagree with them requiring libraries to hand over records of what materials ordinary citizens are reading/using. You disagree with archaic sodomy laws persisting in some states, etc. The people currently running the party would not want you working for them.

The News and Politics section was closed for a reason, because talking about politics here does nothing but create ill will. Therefore......
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe