Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toe Nails Polished

Question Toe Nails Polished

Girls

I think I am posting in the right section

In 'femme' mode most of us will paint are nails - fingers or toes or both

My question is:

Now that summer is coming and the warmer weather allows us to wear sandals do you ever go out with polished toes in male mode? Maybe you tone it down a little and use more 'masculine' colours like blues, blacks, grays or greens instead of the more feminize colours of reds, pinks or maybe french tip.

I am also interested to hear from the GG's here amongst us as to what their opinion would be if they saw a guy walking down the street with his toes polished.

As it’s been forever since I have been here, let alone posted, so I hope this post finds everyone well

Emma
    Last edited by Sharon; 06-04-2007 at 11:51 AM. Reason: deleted your correction post and edited it in

A timely post....I am having a pedicure this Saturday since I am heading to Las Vegas for a 4 day trip. I believe I am getting pink for the summer, but I am thinking about what do you when I return.

Covering up the toes is easy in the fall and winter, but spring and summer is tough in my work. I might just go with a neutral polish this summer.

Kristen,

Why not just leave the pink polish on your toes or go for a french pedicure. I get some many positive comments from women on my toes when I am in drab. Why don't you just enjoy your painted toes in drab mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Marie View Post
    A timely post....I am having a pedicure this Saturday since I am heading to Las Vegas for a 4 day trip. I believe I am getting pink for the summer, but I am thinking about what do you when I return.

Covering up the toes is easy in the fall and winter, but spring and summer is tough in my work. I might just go with a neutral polish this summer.

Emma,

I get wonderful compliments from women (ages 15 to 65) on my French Pedicures. Right now I have a French with a flower nail desing on my big toes. Women really can't stand it when men bare their toes and they have ugly or grungy feet. There are also a lot of male stars that have come-out about wearing nail polish. The latest one is a star from the TV show "Lost". I tend to go with the fem look for my toes (French or Red) because that is what I like. It is fun to look down and see my girly toes and the flower nail design adds that extra feminity. After all, GGs wear every colors including black and blue which were previously considered "male colors". Why worry about it? Just get a pedicure and show your painted toes. You will be surprised at the positive response you will get from women. Also, if you are single, it is a great conversation started. Toenail polish is really classy and it shows that you care about your feet. I would never wear sandals without a good pedicure and very noticable nail polish on my toes. It is a girly thing that you can enjoy everyday in drab mode. When I am having a bad day, it really cheers me up to look down and see my pretty toes peeping out of my women's sandals. Wearing toenail polish is no different than when the first guys wore earrings. There are already TV stars and athletes like David Beckham doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by emmachase2000 View Post
    Girls

I think I am posting in the right section

In 'femme' mode most of us will paint are nails - fingers or toes or both

My question is:

Now that summer is coming and the warmer weather allows us to wear sandals do you ever go out with polished toes in male mode? Maybe you tone it down a little and use more 'masculine' colours like blues, blacks, grays or greens instead of the more feminize colours of reds, pinks or maybe french tip.

I am also interested to hear from the GG's here amongst us as to what their opinion would be if they saw a guy walking down the street with his toes polished.

As it’s been forever since I have been here, let alone posted, so I hope this post finds everyone well

Emma

Hi Emma,

Hope you're OK. I've started going out wearing sandals in male mode with french tips. It's such a buzz but i still feel a lil nervous. Have had french manicures on my nails for ages but toes nails, never.

Have fun!

Sara xxxx

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Easy for me...in male mode I HATE sandals and never wear them. (Go figure)

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Fuuny thing was two weekends ago, I started getting ready to got my nail salon visit and wife says, "Why are you putting socks on?" "your just driving over then driving back". So I agreed and took my socks off and just wore my sandels with my polished toes showing to the nail salon. I still can not believe she said it, because in the past the stead fast rule was I had to have socks on when I went outside. LOL

Mine are hot pink

I just got a new pedicure on Friday, I had them done in OPI, "Your a Pissa Work." They are so cute and I love the hot pink. I have been getting regular pedicures for the last four years and I always get color. Usually, I get some shade of red and have tried a french several times. I just love my girly toes with shaved legs!

I keep my toes polished all winter but summer, like right now ..ugh...I have to only do my toes on weekends. I would just love to be able to go out with sandals with my toes a nice pink or lilac, other than my deck!!! I'm one of the few that really looks forward to winter, for obvious reasons!

I haved french Manicure on my toes right now. Its a good look in the summer.

On July 4th, i want to do a red white and blue theme.

hi I have both french on my toes and on my fingers 24 /7 in girl mode and man mode and nobody ever says anything bad yes theay look and some people ask why my nails are polished and I just tell the thats how I like them.

people dont care you just have to get past what everboby eles thinks or cares and do what you want!!!!

love jennig

Starting in about 2-3 weeks I will have to go with clear polish and save the colors for special times and next winter.:

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    yap my toes are cute and polished ^_^ ware sandles all summer long and don't worry about what others think!

hopes to you all
    keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

I don't understand why all of you girls just don't wear your polish in drab mode and not worry about it. Women will compliment you. After all, if guys can wear large diamond earrings, pierced eyebrows, pierced tougues, pierced nose and women can wear tattoos, why can't you wear nail polish on your toes. I would really like to hear the answer to that question.

Jennig is 100 percent correct. People don't care and the fear is just in your own mind. Try to have more courage and you will findout that it isn't that difficult. One thing that I can tell you is that if you wear toenail polish in drab mode for everyone to see, you will feel so very girly and relaxed. The same is true for other fem items like dangly earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by jennig View Post
    hi I have both french on my toes and on my fingers 24 /7 in girl mode and man mode and nobody ever says anything bad yes theay look and some people ask why my nails are polished and I just tell the thats how I like them.

people dont care you just have to get past what everboby eles thinks or cares and do what you want!!!!

love jennig
    Karis,

I do the same. In California I wear sandals all year round and either have a french pedicure with a white flower or a bright red pedicure (OPI, Got the Blues for Red) also with a white flower on the big toes. Don't worry about what others think. Do you think the folks with pierced lips, tongues, eyebrows and tattoos worry what other think? Also, you should wear a color or french so that people will notice your toes. I don't understand why some of the girls here get professional pedicures with colored polish and then cover their toes in the summer. If you have a good pedicure you should show it off. I want everyone to see my polished toenails because I am very proud of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keris View Post
    yap my toes are cute and polished ^_^ ware sandles all summer long and don't worry about what others think!

hopes to you all
    keris
    Why? I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Starting in about 2-3 weeks I will have to go with clear polish and save the colors for special times and next winter.:
    Last edited by Sandra; 06-05-2007 at 03:52 AM. Reason: 3 consectutive posts merged there is an edit button use it please

Firstly apologies to Sharon for having to move the posting as I put it in the wrong catogory

Sara I am well (I think) been through some tough times which is why I was away but now I think things are improving.

Thanks to everyone especially Jamie001 for the feedback. What is said here is true we should just be ourselves and not worry about others views. There are still metrosexuals out there David Beckham and some of the UFC fighters who paint there nails I don’t think anyone would address them … unless they want a black eye! (from the UFC guys anyway)

I will paint mine, OK so it might be a gun metal grey but hey it’s a step in the right direction… did clear years ago and it could not really be noticed! Perhaps if there ladies are as fascinated as some have mentioned here … I might get a date out of it!!

Again thanks for the feedback

Stay safe and be happy!

Emma

Smile

Hi Emma,

That is the right attitude. Go with a color that is noticable even if it is gray. You have to start somewhere.

Also, you have a very good chance of getting a date. Many women find toenail polish on a guy very attractive. I didn't understand this, but now I do. About 15 years ago, my friend Ed who is suspect was "one of us". always wore long dangly earrings in both ears. Ed was not extremely good looking although he did have beautiful long hair. Women would flock to him and he had more dates than he could deal with. One day we were having lunch and he told me that women love the long earrings because most men would not have the self-confidence to be themselves and wear them. Women love a man with self confidence that shows he has a mind of his own and is willing to "go against" the pack mentality. That is realy strength and courage.

I went to an open house about three years ago and a beautiful real-estate agent answered the door. She saw my red toenails and complimented me and couldn't take her eye off them. She told me that she found me to be extremely sexy because of this. She kept calling me to go and get a pedicure with her with matching red polish. I was living with my girlfriend who is now my wife and I just couldn't do it. That is just one example.

One the other side of the coin, some women will not like it, but I have found that they are in the minority and most of them want a real-macho man.

It is great that you are getting started with a color that you are comfortable with. Within a year or so, you will be like me where there is no color that you are afraid of.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by emmachase2000 View Post
    Firstly apologies to Sharon for having to move the posting as I put it in the wrong catogory

Sara I am well (I think) been through some tough times which is why I was away but now I think things are improving.

Thanks to everyone especially Jamie001 for the feedback. What is said here is true we should just be ourselves and not worry about others views. There are still metrosexuals out there David Beckham and some of the UFC fighters who paint there nails I don’t think anyone would address them … unless they want a black eye! (from the UFC guys anyway)

I will paint mine, OK so it might be a gun metal grey but hey it’s a step in the right direction… did clear years ago and it could not really be noticed! Perhaps if there ladies are as fascinated as some have mentioned here … I might get a date out of it!!

Again thanks for the feedback

Stay safe and be happy!

Emma

I got through last summer with a bronze colour nail polish on my toes.

I going to take a break from polishing for the summerI just have less time to primp now
    Angie

Deanna2

I am guessing this was in drad mode?

Did you get any off looks or comments?

Or was it a positive experience like Jamie001 mentioned earlier in the post?

Questions, questions, questions!

Emma

mine are always done. If I don't know what to do I use Sally Hanson "Diamonds"... pretty if you like sparkly toes.

Polished Nails-Just for the Record

I recall going to a large men's barber shop with my father probably 65 years ago. It was in Grand Central Station in New York City. I went along often to just to get a hair cut but my father---then a successful lawyer---would first have a shave by a barber with a straight edge razor and a cup to lather up soap but first came hot towels to moisten ones face. While he was being shaved and getting a haircut a bootblack would visit each patron to shine their shoe and a lady would move from chair to chair to file and apply a clear nail polish.No well dressed excutive did not have polished nails!
    Times sure have changed or have they?
    Julie

i usaly wear red,plum,or a hot pink depending on my mood my female coworkers know i dress and are cool with it the 3 guys that work there are gay so it no big deal

samantha

I have polished nails all summer some people in my job, wonder but it is good for them. They don't say much but it is strange to be in a large fire camp taking showers in a shower unit trailer and have painted nails. Most of the people that do not know me get dressed in a hurry and leave the shower. Kinda Funny though. It is about all that i can do for dressing in the summer don't think i would like to fight fire in heels and a skirt. Would be fun though..

Aspiring Member
    Summer is sandle weather, and that means it's time for bright bold colors. Just today a woman came up to me and said she really like the color of my toes and where I got that color.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Leah B and I went to the beach yesterday. As you can tell by my avatar, we have been painting our toenails together since all of this has happened.

We went to a crowded beach to go swimming and we didn't take off the polish. I mentioned to him at some point about how cool I am for not making him take off the polish since we were in public.

Oh, and we had an awesome time at the beach.

Sobe