Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you dress your age?

girlie guy

Do you dress your age?

Since I like short skirts and high heels, I find myself shopping in the Juniors' department more often than not. Misses and women's styles would be more appropriate at my age, but I still like the younger fashions better.

Do you dress your own age (not many of us could be "little girls," could we)?

I tend to dress my age Ronna. Skirts to my knees with blouses and dresses. I'm in my sixties and can manage to look like in my forties or fifties but that's it. I hate heels for any lenght of time so I go with 1 to 2" heels. I still browse the junior section and "wish" I were younger, and "thinner" !!!

physical age (47) - definitely NOT!
    the age i feel (20-something) - YES: short skirt, tight top, big chunky boots, and fishnets if i'm pubbing or clubbing!
    big boy did it and ran away!

anarchy is better than no government at all.

i don't wear girls clothes - they're mine!

love & light,
    G

[SIZE=4]It depends on where I'm going, I like to dress young and am accepted in that mode by girls under half my age.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]If out in daylight alone, I dress a lot more like my real age.[/SIZE]
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

Banned Read only
    i'm incredibly lucky that, while im 46 i only look 25,or so. that being said i dress still younger, around 18.i am also lucky that i have the body to carry it off(mostly but to wide in the shoulders) i have yet to try to go into a bar and see how young i realy look but sometime maybe.

I'm fifty seven and do dress more upscale fitting a gal my age. Just can't get into those flowery prints yet.

Silver Member
    Absolutely. I always dress my age. How else will I be accepted? If I were to prance around in daisy dukes, micro minis, bare tummy tops, and high heels, I would be laughed at immediately.

I have enough problems passing as it is without adding absurd outfits to the mess.

Lovies,
    Stephie

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronna View Post
    Since I like short skirts and high heels, I find myself shopping in the Juniors' department more often than not. Misses and women's styles would be more appropriate at my age, but I still like the younger fashions better.

Do you dress your own age (not many of us could be "little girls," could we)?

I am like you. I am into the Juniors' department.
    I am not yet ready to dress or act my age, either in guy or girl mode.

Yes I do dress my age, I am 55 and I buy clothes that are age appropriate, I have several sales associates who co-ordinate what I buy.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

well i am 46 for 26 more days and i dress more like 36 i can get away with it for now

Most the time I dress my age...well I am a bit like MJ. I am 46 but feel like I get away with looking very late 30s so thats kinda my standard look. However I have gone with a older look a time or two...even posted some pics here of that look. Had old lady reading glasses on, curly big hair wig and a long skirt. Also have rarely done a wilder club look for big parties like Twinkledome. But 90% of the time its a conservatiive attempt to blend in look with jeans or capri pants...and low key makeup.

I am not ready for the granny look so nope dont dress my age. When the granny look is all I can get guess thats time to pack in

I'm 65, but look younger, maybe in my low to middle 50's. I do like skirts above the knees because I have good looking legs, but I still wear conservative dresses and skirt tops. As long as I can get away with it I'll dress somewhat younger than my age. I just got a new outfit that I will share as soon as I get a chance to dress.

I'm 52 and dress for the 30's or 40's when out with my wife. Clubbing I tend to dress more for the 20's or 30's. Really a woman my age who is thin and active can carry off any of the looks that I do so I still think I'm dressing "age appropriate".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sally

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    No, I usually wear skirts a little to short and tight for my age. However I look at it like this, I still do not have to much cellulite yet so it's sort of ok.Jocelyn

Slip Lover

Act My Age?

Not a chance in hell! At my age I would need to find a hoop skirt. For me, this is all make believe anyway which I decided long ago so I'm off to the Junior Department in search of short skirts and tight tops.

Ashley

I'm pretending to be a girl. No reason I can't pretend I'm a young girl. hehe

Actually when I go out I do dress my age to more blend in (nobody looks at old women anyway), but at home I do tend to dress younger.
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

Looking for what's new Lisa Baby's Avatar

What is "age?"

Most of my clothing has a conservitive cut to them. But the styles vary quite a bit so that I am comfortable wearing what makes me feel good at the time.

Lisa Baby
    Lisa

I guess you could say i dress my age,i like short skirt and dress and show off some legs.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Not so much the age for me but the era. I like vintage, Heck I AM VINTAGE.

Michelle
    You go girl!

I definitely tend to dress my age. I do have some shorter skirts, wigs that are more youthful looking. need to take some newer pics.

Gwen

I try to dress my age now or a wee bit younger I use to dress like a street walker my friends said ! I guess we out grow that as we dress more and longer ? I still like to wear short dress when I go to a club
    hugs ,Wendi D

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormrider View Post
    Not so much the age for me but the era. I like vintage, Heck I AM VINTAGE.

Michelle
    Same here. I love vintage clothing and jewelry. I would simply adore to be able to parade around in full Victorian dress, which is definitely not my age. LOL. Generally I tend to gravitate toward the 50s-80s era, after that, women didn't seem to dress like women to me, so the clothes never interested me.

But since I'm not one to go out in public anyways, I think most of my outfits would look pretty silly beyond my home.

I certainly try to although there are some looks tha tmay be a bit older but I can't help it as I've found a style I like and it works so why change things!!

I'm in my late 30's, but people often mistake me, in male mode, for my mid to late 20's so I try to dress like women in their 20's and 30's.
    I live in an area where there's a lot of young professionals, as well as near a major university, so whenever I'm out and about (i.e. restaurants, malls, grocery stores, etc.) I'm always observing what women are wearing where I am.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.