Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress your age?

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] I have been told I dress the age I act; I’m a teenager at heart. I am proud of my age, at 50 I look very good, full head of my own long brown highlighted hair, and still have good skin, better than my younger days for I now take better care of it. I have dropped 35 lbs. over the last year and feel that helps me wear what I feel like. Like many of you girls have said I dress to where I am going and how I feel at the time. If I go clubbing I might wear a mini skirt, but out to the mall or grocery store it would be jeans or shorts and a nice top and sneakers or flats, I have gotten past the stage of dressing that screams, “Hey look at ME.” I love seeing older GG’s that don’t look or dress their age, but how they feel nothing wrong with it.
    [SIZE="4"] The art of being a woman, is creating an image or illusion, if it were not there would be no makeup. [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 06-10-2007 at 06:17 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I definitly dress my age. long sleeve dresses and full length gowns only for me. I have way to much hair on my body to dress any other way.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by DianaGomez View Post
    Thats just how I feel! Im 41, feel 20, and dress accordingly. Really tight stretch jeans or mini skirt etc etc. I'm luvin it!!!
    I'm with you, and Gulliver, on that Diana.

41 - dressing much younger: short tight skirts, fishnets, tight tops.... yummmmmmmmm

suzi

xxx

Most generally

Most of the things I have make me look like an older lady, after all I am 58.
    But one of my wifes friends that knows all about me gave me a box of her old skirts and things for me the other day. She invited us to dinner this evening and since it was in the upper 80's, my wife thought it would be ok to wear a lightweight skirt and short sleeved top to her place. After all she had given me a whole box of things and my wife didn't want to hurt her feeling by not wearing one of her outfits.
    Her friend was amazed when I came to the door. She was at my place when I tried on her stuff to see if it fit, but I guess she had never seen me with my makeup on before. But as I mentioned before, I gererally go for the little old lady look.
    Last edited by Krystenw; 09-07-2007 at 12:19 PM.

Smile

Depends on whether you're talking real age or my imaginary age! Sometimes you've just got to be a little schoolgirl!
    Jeannie (a.k.a. Black Leotards)

Most of the time I dress age appropriate. Billie Jean

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    I don't cause I don't like house dresses...........lol
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Do I dress my age? Never!!

I'm now fortysomething, but due to my small body size I can still fit into junior girls apparel. I'm a sissy at heart, and love the girly lace, pastel colors and floral patterns. Still really enjoy shopping at Limited Too or JC Penney for the cute stuff.

I have an American Girl Samantha nightie with bloomers that I wear to bed, and have even worn Barbie undies on occasion.

As for kooky fetish sites, I don't go there, nor do I have any desire to molest children. Frankly, I really felt offended at that posting offered up by another so-called tolerant, and supposedly educated member of this forum.

Call it what you will, but we're all girls deep down inside. Some of us just never grew up

jenni
    Oh, Jenni, I have a Samantha nightgown with bloomers, too, and two sets of Barbi undies! I also have three other Samantha dresses; her day dress (the "Meet Samantha" dress), the cranberry Christmas dress, and her sailor suit middy-blouse outfit. I don't shop in Ltd Too too much, it's rather expensive. I wait a season for the outfits to start showing up at the second-hand stores! But I always try to get to the end-of-season sales in the girl's department at J. C. Penny's!

Here I am in with Samantha, in matching dresses. Definitely *not* dressing my biological age!

Ruthie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ronna View Post
    Since I like short skirts and high heels, I find myself shopping in the Juniors' department more often than not. Misses and women's styles would be more appropriate at my age, but I still like the younger fashions better.

Do you dress your own age (not many of us could be "little girls," could we)?
    No, I never dressed my age. My age would look the same whether I dressed it or not...

It all depends on how I feel on the day - no way I'm passable in a mini skirt, but sometimes that's all I want to wear!

When I was younger, I liked the "hot" look, maybe even a bit ****ty looking.
    As I've aged though, I find that I'm buying things that look better for a woman my age. I really can't do the hot pants or mini-skirt any more. I never could wear belly shirts or bikini's because of scars when I had my appendix removed. (It was on the wrong side and they wanted to remove my spleen at first.)

Now it's mostly slacks and knee length skirts and dresses. I still like red a lot though, but that's about as hot as I get anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well I try my best at dressing in a style corresponding to my age, my body featuyres and the circumstances in which I will find myself.

As far as finding dresses or skirts in the "junior" department, forget it with my size, no way I could find them, especially in France... It is already difficult here to find dresses and skirts in size "large" that don't look like my mother was dressing 40 years ago, so think finding junior in the same size...

Eugenie

That's a hard one for me to answer....I have styles that I like and when the mode strikes the style dictates my age! though the minmum is somewhere past "29".......hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Yes, I do try and dress as appropriate for my age. :-)

Kim
    which is, what, 20?

I like to dress younger too. As young as possible, stopping just short of "****ty".

Which for me is 30ish. (I'm mid 40s but look 35 - 40.)

Dress Age Appropriate?

Sure do. The tarty middle-age tramp I am.
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

No Way !

If I " dressed " my age, I would be wearing a shroud. & Trina - Sexy & Modest Senior
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    I'm in my late 30's, but people often mistake me, in male mode, for my mid to late 20's so I try to dress like women in their 20's and 30's.
    I live in an area where there's a lot of young professionals, as well as near a major university, so whenever I'm out and about (i.e. restaurants, malls, grocery stores, etc.) I'm always observing what women are wearing where I am.
    I genuinely favor silky smooth pantyhose,short mini skirts,silk blouses&black
    heels

absolutely not and unapologetic! I'm going out with miniskirt over leggings tomorrow - I get all my fashion ideas from 19 year olds! And have you seen my tight little red rubber minidress!!

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch23 View Post
    absolutely not and unapologetic! I'm going out with miniskirt over leggings tomorrow - I get all my fashion ideas from 19 year olds! And have you seen my tight little red rubber minidress!!

Mitch
    That sounds like an opportunity to show us!

Which reminds me... not trying to steal the thread or anything, but I've seen few to no images posted to threads. Is that because people just don't want to post images, or because it's against the rules?

Do I need to reread the forum rules? Just curious...

Look your age or maby a few years younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    I tend to dress my age Ronna. Skirts to my knees with blouses and dresses. I'm in my sixties and can manage to look like in my forties or fifties but that's it. I hate heels for any lenght of time so I go with 1 to 2" heels. I still browse the junior section and "wish" I were younger, and "thinner" !!!
    I too am in my mid sixties and feel much better and think I look much better in a busniss suit and low heels, shorter hair style. Conservative makeup. You can't make a 65 year old body and face look 30 no matter how much make up you use.
    Although my wife says there is an answer to the problem. A little tuck here and there From your favorate plastic surgen. You don't live in a house for 65 years without doing a little redecorating and remodeling every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gmss View Post
    That sounds like an opportunity to show us!

Which reminds me... not trying to steal the thread or anything, but I've seen few to no images posted to threads. Is that because people just don't want to post images, or because it's against the rules?

Do I need to reread the forum rules? Just curious...
    Look under 'two new outfits' and 'french maids' in the clothing section!

Mitch

girlie guy
    Okay, Sherry, since you asked, and since I started it, I thought it only fair to show you what I mean. All my clothes are Juniors' fashions, and I'm no spring chicken!

great pic - very good outfit, nicely coordinated - hair, top, pearls, skirt, bag and shoes all right on!

Since we're on the subject, this is my going out gear for today

Mitch
    Attached Images Attached Images

I dress my age to keep it well covered up . That way I can dress whatever age I want to.

Banned Read only
    I am 33, I never be out in public. Around the house I tend to dress young. Short skirts, low cut tops and a blond wig, with light make up.

Pat

My e-bay store

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...sassZjaeQ5fdee