Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate in acceptance!!!

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar

Ultimate in acceptance!!!

Today in Las Vegas I experienced what has to be the ultimate in acceptance -- mainly from my wife, but also from some others! (Actually it was yesterday -- it is now 5:00 AM, and while I should be asleep, I'm on such a natural high, I haven't been able to go to sleep.)

Anyway, at 7:00 PM yesterday evening, I walked down the aisle in a beautiful wedding dress, and my wife and I "got married." (Actually, it was technically a renewal of our vows since we are already married -- that said, this ceremony was done using my femme name, so the ceremony had a very special meaning in that it was my feminine personna marrying my wonderful wife.)

I had anticipated it would be an extra special life event, but it has far exceeded my wildest dreams!!!

More important, there are some deep and significant issues subtending "our wedding" that speaks to so many of us on here, including some SO's who might be struggling with CD issues!!!

The chapel sent a limo for us early -- they have a package where they take you to a special spa-like room next o their chapel for you to get ready. A professional make-up artist and hair stylest was awaiting me there. Now I've done my make-up before -- my wife has even helped do my make-up before. But, what this person did for me was nothing short of incredible!!! (My wife took one look at my make-up and said she wished she had gotten a make-up package, too, b/c she had never seen such a magnificent transformtion! The make-up artist spent an entie hour just on my eyes -- and wow did they ever look great!)

I'll tell you, I have always known how blessed I am to have such an accepting and supportive wife, but this event marked a special point and level neither of us anticipated. How do I know? Well, for a while now, my wife has had a "funny bone in overdrive" attitude about this ceremony. While it WAS her idea we do this while on a Las Vegas trip, she thought it somewhat funny that I wanted to be a bride. She even said she hoped it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she expressed a few chuckles.

Guess what? There were ABSOLUTELY NO chuckles!!! She did shed some tears -- tears she described as being of joy and happiness -- tears that came deep from within her soul. She said she realized two things. First, here was her soulmate fulfilling a life-long dream -- and how important that was to me, and to our corporate self. Second, here was her soulmate pledging his "other self" to her in every way, til death do we part!!!

Louise and Carin: I do so wish we could have worked it out to have done your ceremony and our's together with one couple standing up for the other and vice-versa. I know your ceremony in a few weeks will be as wonderful as ours!!!

To the forum: may we all know this type of freedom and commitment -- and love!!!

The chapel staff couldn't have been more accepting, either!!! Sure, they were being paid, but you can often tell when people are being sincere or not. These people were sincere -- and supportive, and detailed-oriented in making "our day" as special as for any other couple!!! We need society to start accepting us like these wonderful people accepted me and my wife. They worked hard to make our ceremony all that we wanted it to be -- all that we could ever have dreamed it could be!!!!!!!

Well, maybe I can finally get some sleep. Guess I needed to share all this with the forum!!!

Okay -- one more thing I know that some of you will be asking: Yes there was a photographer there and plenty of pictures were taken. And, yes, once we get the proofs back, etc., I will post some. (You know, my wife was so taken with the make-up that she asked to take some photos of her own when we got back to our hotel. She still can't get over the wonderful transformation the make-up artist did on me!!!)
    Last edited by Sheri 4242; 06-05-2007 at 07:53 AM.

Thank you for sharing such a wonder experience. We should all be so fortunate.

Wow!

What a great story! I am very happy for both of you!

Dana

Barbara,

What a wonderful Wedding story. You have experienced what so many of us only dream about. Best Wishes Always to you and your wife.

Hi, just like to congratulate you both, it sounds like you had a fantastic time. Have the very best for the future. Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Wow! What a fantastic ceremony it must have been. I can't wait for you to show us the pictures. It's always a special thing to and renew your vows, but after reading your thread, you all did it in such a meaningful way that was a joy to read about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulation to you both. Sounds like you Remarried the most wounderful girl.

[SIZE="3"]Congratulations to both of you![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Congratulations - or might I say "Best Wishes" in yours and your wifes case.

(Congrats are for the groom and best wishes are for the bride)

A
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

Best Wishes!! Congratulations!

Congratulations to the both of you!

I'm curious to know what your SO was wearing?

Bonnie

Beautiful story. Brought a tear to my eyes. You are a very, very lucky person.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Thank you to eveyone!!! I'm still on "cloud nine," despite the lack of sleep!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie D View Post
    Congratulations to the both of you! I'm curious to know what your SO was wearing? Bonnie
    She debated a long time -- and changed her mind a few times along the way. The minister at the chapel said she had done a couple a year or so ago where both had gone to David's Bridal and gotten matching wedding gowns. So, that was a consideration. Anyway, she did a mental toss of the coin and finally settled on an elegant black evening gown. She looked fantastic!!! We had matching red rose bouquets.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    All I can say is "Wow!" how wonderful. I am so happy for you. You just lived one of my dreams. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Let me add my congratulations to the two of you. Sounds like a really wonderful time. Good luck.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Congratulation to you both. what a wonderful story , i will love to see the pictures ... ahhh will it ever be my turn

Wow. I would love to do that! Congrats, I'll be looking forward to the pics.

I think that was so so awesome Barbara! I'm so glad for you. We all can only wish we could experience something as beautiful as what you experience. I too have a very understanding wife and it means so much to me. I love her to pieces

I'm so happy for you. That is such a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it. I pray that you both experience many joyous moments together xo OldMom

Barbara, I'm very happy for you and your wife. That wa a truly wonderful account. You and your wife have a very special relationship. I've been a bridesmaid twice now in Las Vegas weddings but my wife and I are talking about renewig our vows for our 40th anniversay (about a year and a half). Would you mind naming the chapel and the makeup artist?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

congrats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie D View Post
    Congratulations to the both of you!

I'm curious to know what your SO was wearing?

Bonnie
    Me Too!!!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Just being my true self wtb Jessica's Avatar
    You see now this is the kinda thing i was talking about in my thread called Wedding Question for all us ladies. I put a link at the bottom. It just seem like a dream come true for some when i hear these kinda things. though it was nice of you to share with us thanks.
    Jessica

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=59234
    girl that loves to shopping and would like to be under stood by family.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Wow! Fantastic! Love IS the best emotion in the world! I can only imagine what it must have been like to be a real bride marrying your true soul mate and life partner ..... I've only ever been a pretend bride. However, my real wedding day was, without question, the very best day in my life (so far).
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

What a beautiful and touching story. Thank you for sharing your happiness with us.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Love Dawn

I went to find the "softer side of Sears" and I can't find my way back