Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all you tall gurls!

For all you tall gurls!

In Monday's Daily Telegraph (UK daily newapaper), there was an article where Fashion Editor, Hilary Alexander, had given a 6'1", 25 year old, with size 9 feet and 36G bosom a complete make-over. The before and after photos showed a miraculous transformation; she looked stunning, and was even wearing heels (though not the 5" or 6" stilettoes we CDers sometimes do) and radiated confidence. It just shows that there's hope for us tall CDers (I count my 5'11" as tall, especially if I'm in heels), if only we can capture that confidence, dress to impress, and "walk tall, walk straight and look the world right in the eye".

Now the hard part, JFDI,
    Tony

I've been noticing there are alot more tall GGs then I imagined. Went to a club Saturday with some other girls, and there were a few GGs I had to look up at and I'm 6'1" and in 3" heels!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

It's harder for me to find clothes. I am 6' 3" AND wear a size 15 shoe!

XOXO,
    Summer
    [SIZE="3"]XOXO,
    Summer[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit my Facebook site at:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...73&ref=profile

(My Space is so dull now!)

Being tall SHOULDN'T be too much of a burden if you can carry it well.

I'm 6'1" and worry about my height when trying to blend in... but I work with a woman that is quite beautiful and VERY feminine at 6'2". I also know another woman who is that if not even a bit more.

Granted, neither of them wear heels so I guess I shouldn't either
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

NW Indiana (Chicago for all intents and purposes
    I've always just tried to look proportionate. At 5'11" with (perhaps) overdeveloped legs from years of soccer and hockey, it takes the extension of 4" heels to slenderize my legs and make them look "right".

While shoes may make the outfit i think it's the outfit that makes the person. Gee, where have i heard that before? But you know it's true. So many times i've made someone simply because they expressed zero taste in their attire and their presentation.

While i fully understand the desire to dress down in the summer, to me there is nothing more disarming than to see an otherwise lovely lady dressed in ragged clothes. Really i much prefer a lady dress appropriate to the function. And to me that means if you are a SA in a fine department store jeans are out. I think it also holds true for us. Dress nice and people won't notice if we're CD or GG, we're impressive in our appearance and that is what they will see.

Hold you head up and your back straight, and walk with confidence and they won't care.

SarahLynn

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    Being tall SHOULDN'T be too much of a burden if you can carry it well.

I'm 6'1" and worry about my height when trying to blend in... but I work with a woman that is quite beautiful and VERY feminine at 6'2". I also know another woman who is that if not even a bit more.

Granted, neither of them wear heels so I guess I shouldn't either
    WRONG. If they stopped shaving their legs, would you follow them? Plenty of individual women do what feels right for them. You should do what feels right for YOU. If you're tall, OWN IT. How do you carry it well? I'm tall. some people may notice me in a crowd, regardless of crossdressing. That's how. Accept yourself, and then of course also that you're a crossdresser.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    ...if only we can capture that confidence, dress to impress, and "walk tall, walk straight and look the world right in the eye".

Now the hard part, JFDI,
    Tony
    Yeah, like Frankie said,"walk like a man..."
    Last edited by Sandra; 06-07-2007 at 04:21 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Aspiring Member
    I saw a GG today that was taller than I was and she was wearing heels. Without heels, probably close to the same height as I was. I never really wore heels cause I figured I was already tall enough. After seeing her, I said to myself screw it. I'm getting pair of those ropish ( if there is such a word ) sandles with slight heels.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

I'd say wear whatever shoes you love I'm a tall gal myself - well, tall for a girl anyway - I'm 5'10" and I tend to already be taller than most guys I know without the heels. But I love heels, so either they're just gonna have to grow or get over it Beauty knows no measures

I still think I'd be pushing it trying to pass at 6ft 6" ...and 240 lbs !!

I don't think being tall (6'3" here) makes you easier to read. However, you will get way more attention and with that comes scrutiny. Bottom line is that you need to be extra confident. As someone else said, own that shit.

I was out the other night and a guy asked me if I played in the WNBA. The look of shock on his face when I replied and he realized his mistake was priceless!

Let's see. I'm 5'10" and my wife is 5'11". I've always encouraged her to wear heels, and her latest shoes are 3" and her dress boots are close to that as well. Awfully amusing when I stand next to her and my nose (when I wear my boots) only comes to her chin.

Hey, if you can feel good wearing heels, do it.

I'm 6'4" and the drawback is all the regular misses tops is a bare midriff on me. I also need to watch out for door frames when I'm wearing my 4" stiletto heels.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy_folsom View Post
    I'm 6'4" and the drawback is all the regular misses tops is a bare midriff on me. I also need to watch out for door frames when I'm wearing my 4" stiletto heels.
    Boy can I relate! I am 6'4" and in my 4" and 5" heels it can get pretty treacherous up there going through a 6-8 doorway.

A
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

I would agree, I'm 6'6'' with a size 15 shoe...(sometimes I can fit in to a bit of a smaller shoe) the only shoes out there are stripper shoes which makes me like 6'9'' or so....but it damn, my legs look great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster
    The before and after photos showed a miraculous transformation; she looked stunning, and was even wearing heels
    Photos make you look smaller, but I bet in reality she is still 6'1" + heels. And she certainly doesn't blend in.

Yesterday at the store a very nice looking ladie was in front of me, she must have been close to 6' 2". Me being 6' 2" used to worry, but these days I just enjoy myself and look them straight in the eye.

Having fun!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I'm 6'3 but only need a 12 shoe to be comforable!!! Got a hot bod too if I say so myself. Main problem is the face. Sucks. Anyway. The height thing is a bit of a pain but its nice to see tall girls more accepted!

Removed!
    I'm 6' flat and don't really have an issue with it. I would love to be smaller since most clothes are made for the average 5' 6" girl. I just look a little more and have to coordinate my fasion better. The tallest woman in the world is like 7' so girls come in all shapes and sizes too.

I walk tall and wear 4" heels most of the time and love it. If your're confident and look "normal" then height is not really a big deal. Watch other women and emulate them and you'll blend in just fine.
    Read my monthly column On URNA And The Gender Society

Real women were built to be admired. Why be ashamed or hurt if you admire a well crafted copy or immitation?

Kyoko
    I am only 5FT,6inches tall,but my late Wife so was a Ts Girl was 5Ft,11 inches

I'm 6'1", flat footed. I like to wear heals, 2-3 inches at the most. I just bought a new home recently, and had dressed for awhile (12 hour work days). The first chance I had to dress, I donned the heals. The extra 2 inches was enough to crack my head on the light hanging from the ceiling.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

I'm of amazon height as well, but I feel more femme in heels.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

tall

i am 6'8" and i wear heels all the time. i never go out and about but if i go to a t friendly club i will wear them. i absolutely love wearing heels.

Aspiring Member
    6'-4" about 250-lbs and just love wearing heels(size 12W), regardless of the outfit that I decide to wear it will always be with heels no longer than 3-inch.